Jump to topic:

Petition for juggle not create history forum

headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 9:31:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would have inserted a 'to' in there but there's character limiter oh well.

Headphonegut - signed
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:26:03 PM
signed

Too many forum sections as it is. If Arts and Technology were deleted it would be good though (technology is so related to science, I don't see why there needs to be a technology section).

I think a social science section would be much more preferred over history. Psychology, political science and sociology are more interesting debate topics. Plus you can't analyze history without any social science analysis (whether political science, psychology, sociology, or economics).

Also I'm curious If DDO creates either a multicultural or ethnicity section If it would quickly develop into a section for racism. As a jew, I'm given the right to slander my ethnicity right?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:32:32 PM
At 7/14/2011 10:26:03 PM, darkkermit wrote:
signed

Too many forum sections as it is. If Arts and Technology were deleted it would be good though (technology is so related to science, I don't see why there needs to be a technology section).
Declaring "HALP, I HAZ COMPUTER PROBLEMS" in the science section would feel a little weird.

I think a social science section would be much more preferred over history. Psychology, political science and sociology are more interesting debate topics.
Political science-- politics. Sociology-- society. Psychology-- science.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:34:19 PM
At 7/14/2011 10:32:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
signed

Declaring "HALP, I HAZ COMPUTER PROBLEMS" in the science section would feel a little weird.

Dont think we get a lot of those in the technology section anyways.

I think a social science section would be much more preferred over history. Psychology, political science and sociology are more interesting debate topics.

PSYCHOLOGY IS NOT A SCIENCE!!!!
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:43:45 PM
At 7/14/2011 10:34:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 7/14/2011 10:32:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
signed

Dont think we get a lot of those in the technology section anyways.
A quick sample of the front page of the Technology forum is, in majority, either "Halp, I has computer problems," "Which of these should I buy?" or "Is this new device going to last/get significant market share/ make Google our overlords?" Almost none of them is what I would think of as a scientific question.

PSYCHOLOGY IS NOT A SCIENCE!!!!
Unlike with theoretical physics or climatology, I would have to disagree.
The key factor that makes something science is controlled experiments. Now, psychology has more trouble with controls than some other sciences, but it at least makes the effort, and perfection isn't necessary to qualify as science.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.