Jump to topic:

AP classes

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 12:44:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am now currently going to enroll in an AP world history class. Would any of you members want to share your experience in an AP class? I am interested in the criterion [for grading], homework, assignments, and lesson plans that are part of these Advanced Placement classes. I do feel a bit intimidated, since I was informed that it was a college course, though, nevertheless, I endeavored to do so.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 12:47:54 PM
I just realized that this should have gone under the 'Miscellaneous' forum, but actions are irrevocable. Please ignore the inappropriate categorization and respond. I am willing to read what you have to say as a response to my initial post.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 12:49:28 PM
I never took an AP class but I have done 5 semesters of college. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The general theme for college is simply do the work. There might be more work, but it isn't necessarily harder (although it could be).
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:13:14 PM
At 7/15/2011 12:47:54 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I just realized that this should have gone under the 'Education' forum, but actions are irrevocable. Please ignore the inappropriate categorization and respond. I am willing to read what you have to say as a response to my initial post.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:42:21 PM
The history classes are the worst in my experience, they grade you on whether you take endless amounts of notes, at least mine did. I got a D in that class and a 4 on the AP test (which gets college credit pretty much anywhere that takes APs at all). It's possible my teacher was just an a** who didn't think anyone could learn the material without doing 3 hours of busy work every day.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:44:16 PM
At 7/15/2011 12:49:28 PM, Johnicle wrote:
I never took an AP class but I have done 5 semesters of college. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The general theme for college is simply do the work. There might be more work, but it isn't necessarily harder (although it could be).

In my experience, outside a foreign language , there is less work in college than high school. Most classes don't seem to have any regular homework, just a few tests and an essay.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:57:01 PM
Different AP teachers have different standards, so you're much better off asking previous students of the same teacher than any of us.