Jump to topic:

Chat

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 3:41:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
DDO Chat. Similar to facebook chat, instant message and the like. I imagine this has been suggested before but it would be really good. Chatrooms would be awesome too.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 3:42:45 PM
I do not understand the purpose of this forum. Are you trying to help the site or ease the mood here?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 3:48:11 PM
At 7/16/2011 3:45:49 PM, jat93 wrote:
I think chat would be beneficial to the site and its members.

Well, I posted a forum about the Mad Gasser of Matton? Does anyone have any substantial theories on the event (substantial as being supported by the timeline and evidence of the site). Here's a link to a summary of the attacks: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Do you mind, jat93, if I introduce the subject above as for a discussion?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 3:53:45 PM
I could see this happening, but not for a long while. Knowing Juggle's current workload and their limited resources this is something that will not be in the works for a good year out. Juggle is looking to double their staffing to accommodate their increased portfolio, so now they are very stretched.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 4:01:21 PM
At 7/16/2011 3:49:15 PM, jat93 wrote:
On this particular thread, yes, I do. Do it on a thread devoted to that topic.

Well, all I have to say is that mass hysteria might explain such outbursts. (Note: I have already dedicated a thread to the topic, but apparently, there isn't that much of a flux of responses or interaction in the 'Miscellaneous' forum)

I happened to be reading Moby dick and found it very interesting...Melville, in one beautiful passage, describes the ancient, but mysterious power of the sea. I'll quote it just as a chat:

"...Go visit the Prairies in June, when for scores on scores of miles you wade knee-deep among Tiger lilies--what is the one charm wanting?--Water--there is not a drop of water there! Were Niagara but a cataract of sand, would you travel your thousand miles to see it? Why did the poor poet of Tennesse, upon suddenly receiving two handfuls of silver, deliberate whether to buy him a coat, which he sadly needed, or invest his money in a pedestrian trip to a Rockaway Beach? Why is almost every robust healthy boy with a robust healthy soul in him at some time or other crazy to go to sea? Why upon your first voyage as a passenger, did you and your ship was now out of sight land? Why did the old Persians hold the sea holy? Why did the Greeks give it a separate deity, and make him the own brother of Jove? Surely all this is not without meaning. And still deeper the meaning of that story of Narcissus, who because he could not grasp the tormenting, mild image in the fountain, plunged in it, and was drowned. But that same image, we ourselves see in all rivers and oceans. It is the image of ungraspable phantom of life; and this is the key to it all." (Loomings, 5)

Is this appropriate for the chatroom discussion?

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 4:15:44 PM
At 7/16/2011 4:01:21 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Well, all I have to say is that mass hysteria might explain such outbursts. (Note: I have already dedicated a thread to the topic, but apparently, there isn't that much of a flux of responses or interaction in the 'Miscellaneous' forum)

I happened to be reading Moby dick and found it very interesting...Melville, in one beautiful passage, describes the ancient, but mysterious power of the sea. I'll quote it just as a chat:

"...Go visit the Prairies in June, when for scores on scores of miles you wade knee-deep among Tiger lilies--what is the one charm wanting?--Water--there is not a drop of water there! Were Niagara but a cataract of sand, would you travel your thousand miles to see it? Why did the poor poet of Tennesse, upon suddenly receiving two handfuls of silver, deliberate whether to buy him a coat, which he sadly needed, or invest his money in a pedestrian trip to a Rockaway Beach? Why is almost every robust healthy boy with a robust healthy soul in him at some time or other crazy to go to sea? Why upon your first voyage as a passenger, did you and your ship was now out of sight land? Why did the old Persians hold the sea holy? Why did the Greeks give it a separate deity, and make him the own brother of Jove? Surely all this is not without meaning. And still deeper the meaning of that story of Narcissus, who because he could not grasp the tormenting, mild image in the fountain, plunged in it, and was drowned. But that same image, we ourselves see in all rivers and oceans. It is the image of ungraspable phantom of life; and this is the key to it all." (Loomings, 5)

I hope not.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 4:32:28 PM
At 7/16/2011 4:15:44 PM, innomen wrote:
At 7/16/2011 4:01:21 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I hope not.

I might have gotten a bit heavy with literary pride for "Moby Dick"....I found the passage aforementioned to be quite moving.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2011 2:01:25 AM
At 7/16/2011 3:53:45 PM, innomen wrote:
I could see this happening, but not for a long while. Knowing Juggle's current workload and their limited resources this is something that will not be in the works for a good year out. Juggle is looking to double their staffing to accommodate their increased portfolio, so now they are very stretched.

where do I send my resume? lol
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"