Jump to topic:

Debate.org is not dead ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:35:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello world. How are you all doing on this beautiful day ? I am a former user and
all time great of the critical and melodramatic social online forum known as
Debate.org. I admit, when I first came here, I did not know what to expect as there was a very wide array and range of characters that were unique in their own special way. This place has had its share of ups and downs just like any other
online site. Needless to say that it still could use some work in places you would
not believe. < Anyway, I want to say thank you for taking back this website, and not allowing it to succumb to the darkside of human fallicy. We make mistakes from time to time, but it is up to us as individuals to learn from them and not dare repeat it. From the looks of things, I would say that the future of DDO looks rather promising to me personally. Nevermind the trolls, they are all around you and are
still quietly in play. But that is part of what makes this place so wonderful in a very special way. We are only human, and this is who we are. We cannot change that for anyone, but we can do better. Have a nice day

Remembering Koopin /
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:39:34 AM
At 7/21/2011 9:35:40 AM, inferno wrote:
Remembering Koopin /

Remembering Interrogator as well.....and Alien....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:43:49 AM
At 7/21/2011 9:42:30 AM, inferno wrote:
Fallacy is inevitable.

Monotony is evident already.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:45:43 AM
At 7/21/2011 9:45:00 AM, inferno wrote:
Man Is Good. If that is the case, then I suggest YOU find a hole in losersville
and bury yourself in it.

No need to get unhappy, Inferno. I was just joking around...But there's no such town as loserville and I'm far too big to hide myself in a hole or burrow...

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:46:45 AM
That is to the guy who wastes his life and precious time daily here at DDO.
Man Is Good, ladies and gentlemen. He is your hero. Congratulations. (crowd applauding)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:48:33 AM
At 7/21/2011 9:46:45 AM, inferno wrote:
That is to the guy who wastes his life and precious time daily here at DDO.
Man Is Good, ladies and gentlemen. He is your hero. Congratulations. (crowd applauding)

There are members who've been here longer than I am, spending and "wasting" their lives and "precious time daily at [on] DDO".

Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome the new 'Interrogator': Inferno. (Crowd cheers and throws rose bouqets at Inferno, stimulating his allergies and making him dial 911 on his cell-phone).

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:55:04 AM
Man Is Good. I am glad to see that you have a new attitude about life now.
More debates and good communication is what is needed here. Seriously enough.
I think that the users here should just go back to the basics and leave the petty
stuff alone. What do you say.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:58:47 AM
At 7/21/2011 9:55:04 AM, inferno wrote:
Man Is Good. I am glad to see that you have a new attitude about life now.
Hmm...That raises suspicions, Inferno, (coughs), Interrogator.
More debates and good communication is what is needed here.
Yes.
Seriously enough.
I think that the users here should just go back to the basics and leave the petty
stuff alone. What do you say.
I say that there should be a question mark at the end of that sentence...

[Note: this discussion was for comic effect]

ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 10:10:26 AM
and bury yourself in it.

Did you pull this insult from the latest Captain Underpants book? If so, I didnt think you could read at that level. Kudos.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 10:11:54 AM
Man Is Good. The site from what I can see today, it seems to be back to its old tranquil self. I dont know if this will work in the long run though. I have been checking out some of the latest questions and posts here over the last few minutes.
And it seems to be that most of the elites have vacated themselves in an orderly or controversial fashion. The debate threads are up, but the responses are down.
The casual posts are mediocre at best and there is not much excitement here
anymore. Why do you think this is so ? Comments please.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:47:44 AM
At 7/21/2011 10:10:26 AM, ChristianM wrote:
and bury yourself in it.

Did you pull this insult from the latest Captain Underpants book? If so, I didnt think you could read at that level. Kudos.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:59:15 AM
Hello world. How are you all doing on this beautiful day ?

Hello there! I'm fine, thank you for asking. It's cold and raining here in London, though, hardly "beautiful" weather.

I am a former user

I applaud your honesty and well done for kicking the habit.

Only kidding, welcome back!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:07:24 PM
Brian. How are you ? Let me tell you my friend, THIS Summer has been one to
remember. And in my city, there are beautiful Women everywhere. These last few
weeks were unbelievable. I'll just leave it at that. =)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:10:15 PM
Welcome back.

Gone fishing, I see?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:12:00 PM
Cosmic. What happened to Sieben ? I cant believe that he is gone, too.
I actually miss that guy, even though he was the ultimate idiot.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:22:05 PM
At 7/21/2011 12:12:00 PM, inferno wrote:

Sieben deactivated his account after he created forums advertising his new debating site.

Now there's room for the position of the 'ultimate idiot'. That would be most suited to you, Interrogator (coughs), I mean Inferno.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:29:45 PM
At 7/21/2011 12:26:37 PM, inferno wrote:
Man Is Good. Sorry your boyfriend left you for greener pastures. Life goes on.

Interrogater's gone a bit nasty...Writing of my 'boyfriend' suggests homosexual impulses, which is quite inaccurate, and using the term 'greener pastures' indicates some sort of obsession with perfection and absolute bliss.

Gosh, this is just more proof that Inferno is interrogater, since Interrogater has been discussing, I meant 'discussing', with me, on my sexuality. Here we go again.....

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:31:54 PM
At 7/21/2011 12:12:00 PM, inferno wrote:

Him and a bunch of the other an-cap pseudo-elitests went off in a dramatic suicidal teenage girl piss fit to create a debate forum.

http://www.debate.org...

Needless to say, no one gives a sh!t. A couple people actually lined up to lay pistols down on the table.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:33:03 PM
Man Is Good. Anyway. Back to the topic. Take off your troll hat for a few minutes please. What do you think about this new era of DEBATE.org ? Are you
enjoying the ( peaceful) atmosphere here right now ? Or do you think it could use some
work ? Comments.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:39:38 PM
At 7/21/2011 12:33:03 PM, inferno wrote:
What do you think about this new era of DEBATE.org ?
The new era is partly serene and peaceful, but lethargic in pace...Many members have gone on a mass exodus to other sites, including Sieben himself--and Askbob, whom, mind you, was banned for presenting personal information of a member of DDO (Brainmaster/Minute Man/The GodHead), and new members are coming in. But, the forums and debates are still very active, and every day there appears to be new fields of knowledge and reasoning explored in such debates.

Are you enjoying the ( peaceful) atmosphere here right now ?
No. In fact, I thought one of the greatest assets of DDO was its competition and frequent discussion...where members are juxtaposed and their ideas conflicting to provoke debates and interesting, but polite, arguments in the forums and debates. I am not enjoying the "(peaceful) atmosphere" right now...I am losing my interest in my site, a bit.
Comments.
Inferno, you haven't taken off your troll hat; I only harass others when they want it. You sir are looking for a mock-flame war here...Heh, heh, heh....

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:44:17 PM
At 7/21/2011 11:59:15 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Hello there! I'm fine, thank you for asking. It's cold and raining here in London, though, hardly "beautiful" weather.

Isn't it always like that there?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:46:24 PM
At 7/21/2011 11:59:15 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

It seems that the skies above are blue but mixed in with the opaque clouds. Sorry for the rain, mate. I'll offer a lift once we reach the cargoes at the port...

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:50:11 PM
Man Is Good. I have a question to ask you. Are you really 14 years of age ?

And here is my response to your recent comments. I think this serene and
peaceful atmosphere is due to the boredom, and the mass migration of the former elites. I think that this site, as much potential as it has, can be quite limited. Especially when the rules come into affect as it now
gives us little access to our fiery yet creative expression. It is a debate social online forum, and confrontation is necessary. It can be done however without breaking the rules, and this is something that we all have done at one point or another.
The rules as it stands today, have been enforced greatly. So we the people here at DDO are deprived not of our freedom of
speech persay, but of our overtly fallacious ways.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:52:33 PM
At 7/21/2011 12:50:11 PM, inferno wrote:
Man Is Good. I have a question to ask you. Are you really 14 years of age ?
Yes. (looks at birth certificate while typing this comment)
Why do you ask, Inferno?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:54:47 PM
Man Is Good. I may regret this sooner or later for saying this. But youre pretty
smart for a young kid your age. (washing out mouth)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:57:39 PM
At 7/21/2011 12:54:47 PM, inferno wrote:
Man Is Good. I may regret this sooner or later for saying this. But youre pretty
smart for a young kid your age. (washing out mouth)

I am infallible, so even my seeming erudition sometimes falters at times. My apologies, inferno.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 1:12:22 PM
At 7/21/2011 1:02:44 PM, inferno wrote:
Man Is Good. Again, dont be such an apologist. I find it to be a sign of weakness. <

We all have our weaknesses. Such a characteristic is a defining trait of the common man...