000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 5:31:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Only 1 vote over there (above)

People really aren't voting in general, and I think it's because of the cell phone requirement and the lack of exposure. I think that the homepage layout should be redesigned to show 20 debates on that one page, and that instead of cell phones, IP Addresses should be used to ensure security.

If someone really wants to cheat so bad that he would change his IP address and vote once more, then I would say the joke's on him. Whoever that is clearly has no life. So, weighing the pros and cons, I think that for the better of the community and ease of voting, the cell phone number requirement should be lifted.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 5:50:02 PM
At 7/23/2011 5:31:55 PM, 000ike wrote:

People really aren't voting in general, and I think it's because of the cell phone requirement and the lack of exposure. I think that the homepage layout should be redesigned to show 20 debates on that one page, and that instead of cell phones, IP Addresses should be used to ensure security.

If someone really wants to cheat so bad that he would change his IP address and vote once more, then I would say the joke's on him. Whoever that is clearly has no life. So, weighing the pros and cons, I think that for the better of the community and ease of voting, the cell phone number requirement should be lifted.

I think that you underestimate the number of people that clearly have no life and would cheat with a multitude of accounts. Although far from perfect, the cell phone verification is our only line of defense, because yeah, getting around the IP checks is pretty easy.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 12:55:00 AM
Bump. =)
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 5:18:31 AM
Do we really only average 2 votes per debate here?

P.S. Before anybody attacks me for never have voting, I haven't completed 3 debates yet so I can't. =( But as soon as I have, I will vote quite frequently as I believe debaters deserve fair and varied feedback.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 5:24:09 AM
At 7/26/2011 5:18:31 AM, Mestari wrote:

P.S. Before anybody attacks me for never have voting, I haven't completed 3 debates yet so I can't. =( But as soon as I have, I will vote quite frequently as I believe debaters deserve fair and varied feedback.

Welcome to the site Mestari, i look forward to seeing you become a productive member of DDO.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 6:10:44 AM
At 7/26/2011 5:24:09 AM, innomen wrote:

Welcome to the site Mestari, i look forward to seeing you become a productive member of DDO.

Thanks for the welcome. I've already seen some things I will enjoy about the site, as well as some that I won't. But I feel that I will be sticking around. =)
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 6:18:00 AM
At 7/26/2011 6:10:44 AM, Mestari wrote:

Thanks for the welcome. I've already seen some things I will enjoy about the site, as well as some that I won't. But I feel that I will be sticking around. =)

You just signed up for a mafia game, so you had better :-)
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 6:21:35 AM
At 7/26/2011 6:18:00 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/26/2011 6:10:44 AM, Mestari wrote:

You just signed up for a mafia game, so you had better :-)

Mafia is on the list of things I like about the site! =D
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 12:24:49 PM
At 7/23/2011 5:31:55 PM, 000ike wrote:

The cell phone requirement would only affect people joining the site. We currently have plenty of members, so this would not help getting people to vote. I am not quite sure why more people don't vote, especially the ones who say they want to be a better debater. Reading and analyzing other peoples arguments is a great way to learn what to do, and what not to do.