Jump to topic:

Should DDO allow the subject of WhitSupremacy

VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 4:15:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok, I couldn't get the title into the character limit. The question is, should DDO allow the topic of White supremacy to be debated? If they did, a White supremacist would have to share his views, which would offend some of our minority (and White) members. Of course, there are a number of articulate debaters here who would tear into the supremacist's faulty logic like a lion tearing into an elk. I've gone to their websites and debated them, but I keep getting kicked off their sites…LOL! I feel this is a topic that needs to be debated in order to expose it's fallacy. I know this topic is offensive; but, there are still a number of gullible people being lured away by a new wave of "intellectual" racists known as "White nationalists." I hope DDO can be a forum to refute this blight on society!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 4:22:53 PM
At 7/26/2011 4:15:54 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
Ok, I couldn't get the title into the character limit. The question is, should DDO allow the topic of White supremacy to be debated? If they did, a White supremacist would have to share his views, which would offend some of our minority (and White) members. Of course, there are a number of articulate debaters here who would tear into the supremacist's faulty logic like a lion tearing into an elk. I've gone to their websites and debated them, but I keep getting kicked off their sites…LOL! I feel this is a topic that needs to be debated in order to expose it's fallacy. I know this topic is offensive; but, there are still a number of gullible people being lured away by a new wave of "intellectual" racists known as "White nationalists." I hope DDO can be a forum to refute this blight on society!

We can refute it on sight, but as for allowing it. So long they present the ideas in a manner that follows the TOS, I personally see no issue with it (personally having debated on both sides of this "issue").

For example...

"I believe that white are superior to hispanics because of X, Y, and Z," is different from "Hispanics are dirty filthy dogs that should be reduced to the status of pet slaves, just like the blacks, because of X, Y, and Z."

One of which I would say "ban on sight", the other I would say "feel free to tear into."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 6:36:34 PM
At 7/26/2011 4:53:06 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Here's one that I'm currently in.

And here's one that I did awhile ago.

I checked those out. I've seen the current debate and have challenged your opponent to a debate on interracial marriage. I saw your White nationalism debate when I first joined the site. I would debate you on WN being racist. If the KKK is The Big Bad Wolf; then WN is The Big Bad Wolf in Grandma's night gown. I hate to see people falling for their line of bull!
VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 6:59:06 PM
At 7/26/2011 4:39:37 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
debate.org/debates/Blacks-are-Superior-to-Whites/1/

Look at the title of the link. I was really interested in watching this debate unfold :(

I see that

"This debate has been removed by Customer Support."

happened. I saw that debate and would like to have seen it unfold as well. I agree with Ore_Ida that if a debate resolution is stated with civilized language and the dabate is conducted in a civilized manner that it should not be censored.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 7:34:37 PM
At 7/26/2011 4:22:53 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

We can refute it on sight, but as for allowing it. So long they present the ideas in a manner that follows the TOS, I personally see no issue with it (personally having debated on both sides of this "issue").

For example...

"I believe that white are superior to hispanics because of X, Y, and Z," is different from "Hispanics are dirty filthy dogs that should be reduced to the status of pet slaves, just like the blacks, because of X, Y, and Z."

One of which I would say "ban on sight", the other I would say "feel free to tear into."

Remember the user David_Duke? I think he got his account shut down, and his comments, though mostly unsubstantiated, were more similar to your former example than the latter.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 8:01:05 PM
David_Duke was a multiaccounting troll, not an honest debater.

We were in a discussion where someone brought up David Duke as an example of extremism, and within hours that account was created.
Rob
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 12:30:10 AM
At 7/26/2011 4:22:53 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

For example...

Really curious how this is different then the christian belief we are all worthless sinners deserving eternal punishment. I find that belief more hateful, yet that one is dignified on here.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 1:45:48 AM
Many white supremacists are also devout Christians, like that nutter who went ballistic in Norway and the Atlanta bomber Timothy McVeigh, so to curtail debates involving white supremacy may also infringe upon the right to freely express one's religious beliefs.

Let's not forget the chap that founded the Church of the Latter Day Saints was a howling racist.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:00:04 AM
The only real reason for it not to is to keep from being censored in some European country.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 9:59:04 AM
At 7/27/2011 3:00:04 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The only real reason for it not to is to keep from being censored in some European country.

Not entirely sure what you meant by that but if you are some sort of fascist loner with a hatred of taxation, foreigners and gays and a fascination with guns and uniforms <<mass-murdering Norwegian nutjob sitting in an Oslo prison cell checks all the boxes here>> when somebody closes down your freedom to spew your obscene beliefs all over the Internet you assign it to ‘a conspiracy concocted by the Liberal elite to smother the truth' and it will make you all the more militant and dangerous.

That's why it's best to air these issues in the open.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:05:01 AM
At 7/27/2011 1:45:48 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Many white supremacists are also devout Christians, like that nutter who went ballistic in Norway and the Atlanta bomber Timothy McVeigh, so to curtail debates involving white supremacy may also infringe upon the right to freely express one's religious beliefs.

Let's not forget the chap that founded the Church of the Latter Day Saints was a howling racist.

These Supermacists are not devout Christians. They are workers of the devil.
I think you need to understand the true definition of a Christian and a false bearer
of light. Obviously you are confused and filled with secular garbage.
VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:28:12 AM
At 7/27/2011 12:30:10 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Really curious how this is different then the christian belief we are all worthless sinners deserving eternal punishment. I find that belief more hateful, yet that one is dignified on here.

1. Christianity says ALL of mankind are sinners deserving punishment
White supremacy says SOME people (themselves) are superior to others and other people (those who look different from them) are inferior and deserve to be treated as second class citizens.

2. Christianity offers HOPE for mankind and offers a solution to man's sinful condition.
White supremacy offers NO HOPE for "inferior" races.

3. Biblical Christiany (as opposed to historical Christianity) teaches LOVE and teaches that God doesn't and Christisns shouldn't want anyone to perish.
White supremacy teaches HATE and promotes the murder of those who look different from them.
VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:45:37 AM

Ever since Constantine declared Christianity to be the state religion of Rome, people have been faking Christianity for their own gain. Jesus never promoted institutionalized religion and often had conflicts with the religious hierarchy of his day. The people you mention are products of the system not products of Biblical Christianity.

By the way, how did this thread go from being about White supremacy to being about Christianity?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:52:16 AM
At 7/27/2011 10:45:37 AM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:

Ever since Constantine declared Christianity to be the state religion of Rome, people have been faking Christianity for their own gain. Jesus never promoted institutionalized religion and often had conflicts with the religious hierarchy of his day. The people you mention are products of the system not products of Biblical Christianity.

By the way, how did this thread go from being about White supremacy to being about Christianity?

Voc. Many secularists deem Supremacists as devout Christians. They lack understanding in that area because in their eyes a Christian is self proclaimed.
That is false. Anyone can claim to be a Christian, but to declare yourself a person of righteousness is a fallacy. It is not about what you say, it is about what you do.
Although Man cannot enter Heaven based on works alone, you still must be saved by the Blood Of Christ.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:32:49 AM

Most people are religius, so statistically, it makes sense that most nutters are also going to be religious. The main difference is that many of the religious nutters go crazy and use their religion as back up (God hates the government, it is evil), while many of the agnostic and atheistic nutters just go crazy (I hate the government, it is evil).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:26:03 PM
This subject should be treated just like racism. It should be allowed for discussion and debate, but we can't allow it to be practiced against any members. I don't think we should say that there is ANY subject that can't be discussed.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:33:59 PM
At 7/26/2011 6:36:34 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
At 7/26/2011 4:53:06 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

And here's one that I did awhile ago.

I saw your White nationalism debate when I first joined the site.

Yeah, nice debate that. Shame about the voting :)

I certainly don't think anyone should be banned for their opinions, however much I or anyone else don't like them. They come and go but white nationalists never seem to last long around here. I'm a sucker for a good racism debate myself, here's a few more that I've had on here, some better than others.

At 7/27/2011 2:26:03 PM, medic0506 wrote:
This subject should be treated just like racism.

That's exactly what it is.

It should be allowed for discussion and debate, but we can't allow it to be practiced against any members. I don't think we should say that there is ANY subject that can't be discussed.

Agreed.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:22:03 PM
At 7/27/2011 10:28:12 AM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:

White supremacy says SOME people (themselves) are superior to others and other people (those who look different from them) are inferior and deserve to be treated as second class citizens.

2. Christianity offers HOPE for mankind and offers a solution to man's sinful condition.

3. Biblical Christiany (as opposed to historical Christianity) teaches LOVE and teaches that God doesn't and Christisns shouldn't want anyone to perish.
White supremacy teaches HATE and promotes the murder of those who look different from them.

Problem with 1: it doesn't really as christian are exempt as they will go to heaven
Problem with 2: If a white supremesist said join our group and hate the others of your group that would not make it any better, so christianity doing that is the same stupid $hit.

3. Please open the bible.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 12:11:12 AM
At 7/27/2011 10:22:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Problem with 1: it doesn't really as christian are exempt as they will go to heaven

We are not exempt. As it relates to the discussion, we are just as deserving as anyone else. No group of people stands above any other in this department. The only difference is that Christians have accepted Christ as our Savior.

Problem with 2: If a white supremesist said join our group and hate the others of your group that would not make it any better, so christianity doing that is the same stupid $hit.

When you can show how Christianity teaches to hate anyone based on their race, you'll have a legitimate beef, until then it's only imaginary.

Please have a respectable discussion with a few Christians, and try to understand what we actually believe instead of interpreting the Bible yourself and telling us what we must believe, based on your interpretation.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 12:18:29 AM
At 7/27/2011 9:59:04 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 7/27/2011 3:00:04 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Not entirely sure what you meant by that

Certain European countries (Including, incidentally, Norway) are not fans of freedom of speech. If a site allows them, DDO could be subject to internet filters that those countries might set up (Which would sound completely loony if Australia weren't already implementing such).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 8:50:28 AM

First of all izbo10, it is a pleasure to converse with you. I will say that I don't agree with the nasty way other Christians have responded to you. You are a human being and you deserve respect; so, I intend to give you the respect you deserve.

Obviously, Christianity has been misrepresented to you. Yes, Christianity teaches that humanity is sinful and deserving of punishment, that is the negative side (which you have heard much of). It also teaches that because of man's sinful condition, God loved mankind enough that He came to Earth in the form of human flesh and died a most cruel death to take on himself the consequences of man's sin.

Now concerning your problems with my points 1 and 2, yes there are those who will approach Christianity the same way they approach racism. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, since Constantine declared Christianity to be the state religion; there has existed a motivation for people to proclaim themselves Christian for social, political and economical reasons. Prior to that time, declaring one's self a Christian was a death sentence, as Christianity was unpopular and was persecuted to the death. After Constatine, Christianity became accepted, popular and most damaging of all elitist. This was certainly NOT the intention of Jesus. As a matter of fact, Jesus denounced and rebuked the religious elistists of his day. His friends were the outcasts from religion. Revelation 18 speaks of a Great Whore, Babylon. Many Bible scholars believe the Whore to be false Christianity. I agree with the viewpoint of those scholars. In my opinion, "whore" Christianity makes up the religious institution of Christianity on Earth. That is in contrast to the Christianity of Jesus. He said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36) In other words the subjects of His kingdom aren't interested in being in an elitist group on Earth, they are only interested in pleasing God, loving people, and going to heaven while taking as many people there as possible. I might concede points 1 and 2 to you for "whore" Christianity; but, not for true Christians.

Please elaborate on your problem with point 3, "Please open the bible".

P. S. I have looked at some of your posts and can read between the lines. I have you figured out.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 10:40:25 AM

Problem with 1: it doesn't really as Christian are exempt as they will go to heaven

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
[1] (http://www.biblegateway.com...)

This is only drawn from your personal experiences (and is partly due to your conduct)...Colossians testifies that "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." (C: 33). Your only statement is based from the actions of the community, but not the legitimate concepts and sayings drawn from the Old and New Testament.

If this is your only response to Voc's contention, then it is a weak one....One can assume, judging from this response, that you believe yourself to have authority in interpreting the Bible any way you want [such as selectively choosing verses out of context], and refuse to acknowledge views contrary to your own.

If there was a sole factor in your abject state, as the "village idiot" of DDO, and the so called "pinnacle of intelligence", then it might be conduct....You refuse to adhere to reasonable disagreement, and instead curse, make straw-man arguments and ad hominem statements in the comments, and insult members as a way to express the "stupidity of this site". I am surprised that it never occurred to you that this might be one of the main, if not the central and chief, reason to why you are opposed and detested by so many...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 10:44:13 AM

This is a main problem in Izbo10's line of reasoning: he presupposes that a religion, an institution--not a community or group of members, is wrong solely due to the interpretations and actions of its believers...The difference between a "white supremacist" and "Christianity" [the C in Christianity should be capitalized, mind you] is that the supremacist is a person, whereas Christianity is an institution, group of teachings and beliefs. Comparing the two is unfair, and also unreasonable.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 10:56:32 AM
At 7/28/2011 10:44:13 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

This is a main problem in Izbo10's line of reasoning: he presupposes that a religion, an institution--not a community or group of members, is wrong solely due to the interpretations and actions of its believers...The difference between a "white supremacist" and "Christianity" [the C in Christianity should be capitalized, mind you] is that the supremacist is a person, whereas Christianity is an institution, group of teachings and beliefs. Comparing the two is unfair, and also unreasonable.

It only shows a moronic mindset, and further discredits the person making the assertions.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 11:04:04 AM
At 7/28/2011 10:56:32 AM, innomen wrote:

It only shows a moronic mindset, and further discredits the person making the assertions.

Indeed. Arguing that a person should be compared to an institution (and that the institution should be judged as a result of this comparison) is a sign of a "moronic mindset".

And, oh, in addition to Izbo10's arrogance, that is another factor to why he is generally regarded as an idiot: his straw-man arguments, and his insistence on being the "pinnacle of intelligence" on this site, combined with his frequent insults and deprecation of the members of this site.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 11:29:58 AM
At 7/28/2011 11:04:04 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

Indeed. Arguing that a person should be compared to an institution (and that the institution should be judged as a result of this comparison) is a sign of a "moronic mindset".

And, oh, in addition to Izbo10's arrogance, that is another factor to why he is generally regarded as an idiot: his straw-man arguments, and his insistence on being the "pinnacle of intelligence" on this site, combined with his frequent insults and deprecation of the members of this site.

Well, because of his inability to communicate without being abusive many of his posts are deleted by the moderator. He has blatantly said that he will vote against any Christian essentially because they are Christian. This sort of behavior only depletes any standing he could have here on DDO.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 11:33:02 AM
At 7/28/2011 11:29:58 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/28/2011 11:04:04 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

Well, because of his inability to communicate without being abusive many of his posts are deleted by the moderator. He has blatantly said that he will vote against any Christian essentially because they are Christian. This sort of behavior only depletes any standing he could have here on DDO.

It does undermine his position here...Izbo10 has no desire to further the site, but only wishes to detriment it with his abusive comments. I am glad that the moderators have taken action to delete his posts.

Can they also close his account as well?