Jump to topic:

Bashing izbo10 is Inconsistent w Christianity

VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:57:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been on ddo about 3 weeks and have seen lots of negativity toward one ddo member "izbo10". I've even seen a few debates devoted to maligning his character. Then I ran across some of his posts and have realized that izbo10 is an atheist who speaks out against Christianity. As a Christian, of course as any other Christian, I find some of his remarks offensive; however, that is no excuse for bashing him. Let me remind my fellow Christians of the words of Jesus:

Matthew 5:9-11
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness'sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:21-24

21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Matthew 5:38-39

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:43-44

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Are you attempting to lead izbo10 to Christ or to drive him away?
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:23:01 PM
VocMusTcrMaloy does have a good point. However, this is what turns me off about Christianity and one reason why I'm still atheist.
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:26:48 PM
At 7/27/2011 2:23:01 PM, kohai wrote:
VocMusTcrMaloy does have a good point. However, this is what turns me off about Christianity and one reason why I'm still atheist.

Kohai. Your reasons for being an Atheist is more internal than anything else.
Which of these do you find hard to forsake ?
1)pride
2)lust of the flesh
3)lying, cheating, stealing
4) idolatry
5)sex
6) iniquity

I only came up with 6 this time around. Is it one of all of the above. =)
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:29:09 PM
Lol. As I say, extraordinary claims means extraordinary evidence. So far, I have not seen that extraordinary evidence.

P.s. thanks for reafirming my hatred towards the religion!
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:36:35 PM

Your judging all of Christianity by a few people? Can I judge all athiests by these standards? Or how about homosexuals?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:38:24 PM
At 7/27/2011 2:29:09 PM, kohai wrote:
Lol. As I say, extraordinary claims means extraordinary evidence. So far, I have not seen that extraordinary evidence.

LOL. Hate towards anything external comes from ignorance. Your excuse is illogical.
It is about how you choose to internalize your own convictions. Your distorted view
is understandable though. I am sure that their are other reasons why you are so
screwed up. Some of which you do not care to comment on. But religion is your
punching bag. Now I get it.
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:39:30 PM
At 7/27/2011 2:38:24 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 2:29:09 PM, kohai wrote:

LOL. Hate towards anything external comes from ignorance. Your excuse is illogical.
It is about how you choose to internalize your own convictions. Your distorted view
is understandable though. I am sure that their are other reasons why you are so
screwed up. Some of which you do not care to comment on. But religion is your
punching bag. Now I get it.

Why don't we move this to an actual debate? Before you call me out, view my website that tells you about my convictions! http://sites.google.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:58:45 PM
Kohai. Following Christ is more about salvation more so than any other issue today.
You are so consumed with secular teachings because it gives you an alernative to
a non submissive, lack of humility approach to a world of compromise.
In other words, you would rather not give your life to a Supreme Deity because it
conflicts with your best or own personal interest. The bottom line is that you would
just rather do what you want to do in order to please your flesh. <----------------
It has nothing to do with religion in general. You are only confusing yourself even more when you use that as a scapegoat and not a productive means of spiritual
advancement.
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:18:19 PM
At 7/27/2011 2:58:45 PM, inferno wrote:
Kohai. Following Christ is more about salvation more so than any other issue today.
You are so consumed with secular teachings because it gives you an alernative to
In other words, you would rather not give your life to a Supreme Deity because it
conflicts with your best or own personal interest. The bottom line is that you would
just rather do what you want to do in order to please your flesh. <----------------
It has nothing to do with religion in general. You are only confusing yourself even more when you use that as a scapegoat and not a productive means of spiritual
advancement.

So why does God confuse people? There are so many facts and proofs of evolution
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:22:42 PM
At 7/27/2011 3:18:19 PM, kohai wrote:
At 7/27/2011 2:58:45 PM, inferno wrote:
advancement.

So why does God confuse people? There are so many facts and proofs of evolution

Kohai. God does NOT confuse people. If you are confused, it is because it is coming from the devil if anything. He is also a spirit and he has power and influence.
The Bible clearly tells us, that our battle is not with the flesh, but against the principalities of darkness. Key word, principality. You are fighting a force that you
cannot see. This is why you need guidance, in order to penetrate that barrier
that is preventing you from having spiritual breakthrough.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:25:49 PM
Just take religion out of the picture. Your own personal relationship is what truly matters. The Bible speaks a universal language even though it pertains mostly
to Christianity. That is irrelevent, and more of Mans doing than anything else.
But if you follow the basic fundamentals of Christ, which is not easy by the way.
You will not fail.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:28:38 PM
So as you see Kohai, it is about whether or not you wish to follow God.
Religion is just a format for you to follow in the process.
The hard core truth is that most people would rather follow themselves and
give in to flesh.
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:32:03 PM
The problem: There is no god.

Anyway, please accept my debate on evolution.
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:56:11 PM
I was a christian once, probably the biggest mistake I ever made.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:58:29 PM
At 7/27/2011 3:56:11 PM, kohai wrote:

Kohai. Being a Christian was not the mistake. It was how you misinterpreted your
life as it was.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:04:06 PM
At 7/27/2011 3:58:29 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 3:56:11 PM, kohai wrote:

Kohai. Being a Christian was not the mistake. It was how you misinterpreted your
life as it was.

Too much of your problems are on something external.
Your dislike for Christianity is a scapegoat to a much deeper issue at hand.
VocMusTcrMaloy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:27:53 PM
My point exactly!
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 5:01:58 PM
John 3:16, "thou shalt bash Izbo10 and other such individuals which can fall under the category of trolls"
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:32:36 PM
At 7/27/2011 5:01:58 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
John 3:16, "thou shalt bash Izbo10 and other such individuals which can fall under the category of trolls"

And Psalm 137: 9: "Blest be he who smashes against the rocks the Izbos of each man's house and neighborhood".
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:34:05 PM
The bible is a very consistent collection of texts, eh?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:39:51 PM
At 7/27/2011 10:32:36 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

And Psalm 137: 9: "Blest be he who smashes against the rocks the Izbos of each man's house and neighborhood".

Leviticus 2:3-4, "Holy are thee who straps Izbo10 and other such trolls to the back of an rockets and launches them towards the sun. As they approach it's surface that burns at 10000° Fahrenheit and their flesh begins to melt as their blood boils and escapes their bodies through their pores god shall rejoice and make angels sing as he blesses those who launched them to the sun with offer eternal life and an eternity supply of entertainment irregardless of ones beliefs or disbeliefs."
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:51:10 PM
I hate constantly checking the forums when I see another user has commented only to engage in the flame war with izbo.

Why can't you guys just ignore him?

Just say, "Izbo, you sure knocked some sense into me", and then roll your eyes while he gets his satisfaction, at least he'll be more quiet.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 1:02:28 AM
At 7/27/2011 11:51:10 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I hate constantly checking the forums when I see another user has commented only to engage in the flame war with izbo.

Why can't you guys just ignore him?

Just say, "Izbo, you sure knocked some sense into me", and then roll your eyes while he gets his satisfaction, at least he'll be more quiet.

Trolling trolls is fun, plus we get to post anti Izbo scripture.
Minister Of Trolling
:
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 1:16:04 AM
At 7/28/2011 1:02:28 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Trolls don't deserve the amount of glory and attention you guys give him.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 1:25:47 AM
At 7/28/2011 1:16:04 AM, quarterexchange wrote:
At 7/28/2011 1:02:28 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Trolls don't deserve the amount of glory and attention you guys give him.

Well this is an fact I must concede to.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 1:33:46 AM
At 7/27/2011 11:39:51 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 7/27/2011 10:32:36 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Leviticus 2:3-4, "Holy are thee who straps Izbo10 and other such trolls to the back of an rockets and launches them towards the sun. As they approach it's surface that burns at 10000° Fahrenheit and their flesh begins to melt as their blood boils and escapes their bodies through their pores god shall rejoice and make angels sing as he blesses those who launched them to the sun with eternal life and an eternity supply of entertainment irregardless of ones beliefs or disbeliefs."

Fix'd
Minister Of Trolling
: