Jump to topic:

Voting Incentive

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 3:34:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The problem of low voting is a very frustrating one. After days of quibbling with a stranger over the internet, one needs to affirm that he is right. : - )

I think there should be an incentive for voting, some sort of reward or higher status the more you vote, to encourage people to do so. Maybe who ever votes the most each day gets their accounts on the front page or something, or goes up the ladder as a high ranking member.

There are some boring debates out there, indeed....people using verbose and technical language that feels like a book on rocket science. It's sometimes tough to get through. Maybe if it becomes more worth it, the voting will pick up on pace.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 3:36:36 PM
I don't think its that bad. If its really bad, I say you have to vote X amount of times to do a debate. Or a point system like they do on yahoo answers.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 3:39:57 PM
Just have a vote count on each person's profile. I think people will try more when they see their voting being reflected on their profile.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 3:50:12 PM
At 7/28/2011 3:39:57 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Just have a vote count on each person's profile. I think people will try more when they see their voting being reflected on their profile.

Tried that, we put it to a public opinion, it got over 90% approval, and Juggle (JuliaD) said it would get done, but it never did. She said it would be on the next update 4 times, yet it never was. I haven't bothered to ask the new Juggle leaders, but I plan on doing that when things seem a little more better.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"