Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Debate topics

wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:41:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Not that it bothers me much but i haven't come across any interesting debate topics lately and it seems to me that people not longer post debate topics as often as they did.
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:42:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 7:41:50 PM, wierdman wrote:
Not that it bothers me much but i haven't come across any interesting debate topics lately and it seems to me that people not longer post debate topics as often as they did.

Post your own then :P
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:44:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 7:41:50 PM, wierdman wrote:
Not that it bothers me much but i haven't come across any interesting debate topics lately and it seems to me that people not longer post debate topics as often as they did.

What topics would you like to debate?

Care for a nuclear energy debate? Or energy in general? Or a particular form of energy (hydro, wind, solar, etc)? Maybe electric cars, or CFL lightbulbs?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:45:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I can understand not wanting to make your own topic and just throwing it out there for anyone, since many times new members grab them up and often don't finish debates.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:45:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm really into football (american) if anyone wants to debate something with me there. Past, present, or future NFL I would love to debate with anyone.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:47:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 7:45:56 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
I'm really into football (american) if anyone wants to debate something with me there. Past, present, or future NFL I would love to debate with anyone.

The 2009 Lions were the best team ever!!!! (I'm con). lol
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:49:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 7:47:06 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 7:45:56 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
I'm really into football (american) if anyone wants to debate something with me there. Past, present, or future NFL I would love to debate with anyone.

The 2009 Lions were the best team ever!!!! (I'm con). lol

You're on! Then we can debate that the 2007 Patriots team were the worst team this decade! (you can be PRO).
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:57:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 7:42:09 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/2/2011 7:41:50 PM, wierdman wrote:
Not that it bothers me much but i haven't come across any interesting debate topics lately and it seems to me that people not longer post debate topics as often as they did.

Post your own then :
i tried several times but i just can't keep it up.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:30:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 7:47:06 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 7:45:56 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
I'm really into football (american) if anyone wants to debate something with me there. Past, present, or future NFL I would love to debate with anyone.

The 2009 Lions were the best team ever!!!! (I'm con). lol

Backup long-snapper is the most important position in the NFL (I'm con).
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:32:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 8:30:49 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/2/2011 7:47:06 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 7:45:56 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
I'm really into football (american) if anyone wants to debate something with me there. Past, present, or future NFL I would love to debate with anyone.

The 2009 Lions were the best team ever!!!! (I'm con). lol

Backup long-snapper is the most important position in the NFL (I'm con).

Nah, that's just silly. Everyone knows backup punter is where it's at.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 9:08:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 7:41:50 PM, wierdman wrote:
Not that it bothers me much but i haven't come across any interesting debate topics lately and it seems to me that people not longer post debate topics as often as they did.

That's so true. There are no debates in the challenge period now. Only a week ago, there were 6 or 7. It seems like most people are sending debates to each other personally.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:14:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would suggest a number of debate topics that might prove interesting...They are usually about obscure or esoteric subjects, quite unlike the recent religious debates, or discussions on science (especially the theory of evolution, as in a recent thread), or on common controversial topics.

It does seem that discussions on the paranormal (such as ESP, near death experiences, cryptology, the existence of ghosts and other forms of the supernatural) are not too common, in either the debates or the forums. That is a pity, since I find these debates rather interesting: they account several laws of physical motion and being as well other natural phenomena that might account for the reports of the 'paranormal'). In addition, it also appears that there is little debate over historical events. I do not see much debates on historiography [a discussion on the occurrence of, say, the Nanjing Massacre] or even on controversial historical events [[The Bombing of Hiroshima?]], and so on.

Then again, I am still fairly new to this site, having been online for only two months, and therefore I do not know if any of the debates conducted prior to my joining were about the topics numerated above....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 11:22:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bombing of Hiroshima is an interesting topic. It can be debated whether or not it was justified as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Which side are you on?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 10:05:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 11:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bombing of Hiroshima is an interesting topic. It can be debated whether or not it was justified as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Which side are you on?

I'd be willing to debate that. While I find that the Hiroshima bombing (both the bombings really) were justified, I don't believe that "as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor" is justifible.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 3:25:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/3/2011 10:05:52 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 11:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bombing of Hiroshima is an interesting topic. It can be debated whether or not it was justified as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Which side are you on?

I'd be willing to debate that. While I find that the Hiroshima bombing (both the bombings really) were justified, I don't believe that "as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor" is justifible.

I think "The US bombings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justifiable" is a good and broad enough topic.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 3:28:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/3/2011 3:25:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/3/2011 10:05:52 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 11:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bombing of Hiroshima is an interesting topic. It can be debated whether or not it was justified as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Which side are you on?

I'd be willing to debate that. While I find that the Hiroshima bombing (both the bombings really) were justified, I don't believe that "as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor" is justifible.

I think "The US bombings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justifiable" is a good and broad enough topic.

For that, I support PRO.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 3:44:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/3/2011 3:28:28 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/3/2011 3:25:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/3/2011 10:05:52 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 11:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bombing of Hiroshima is an interesting topic. It can be debated whether or not it was justified as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Which side are you on?

I'd be willing to debate that. While I find that the Hiroshima bombing (both the bombings really) were justified, I don't believe that "as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor" is justifible.

I think "The US bombings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justifiable" is a good and broad enough topic.

For that, I support PRO.

I support maybe, mainly because what if dropping bombs on a military complex and/or uninhabited lands produced the same results?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 4:27:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 10:14:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would suggest a number of debate topics that might prove interesting...They are usually about obscure or esoteric subjects, quite unlike the recent religious debates, or discussions on science (especially the theory of evolution, as in a recent thread), or on common controversial topics.

It does seem that discussions on the paranormal (such as ESP, near death experiences, cryptology, the existence of ghosts and other forms of the supernatural) are not too common, in either the debates or the forums. That is a pity, since I find these debates rather interesting: they account several laws of physical motion and being as well other natural phenomena that might account for the reports of the 'paranormal'). In addition, it also appears that there is little debate over historical events. I do not see much debates on historiography [a discussion on the occurrence of, say, the Nanjing Massacre] or even on controversial historical events [[The Bombing of Hiroshima?]], and so on.

Then again, I am still fairly new to this site, having been online for only two months, and therefore I do not know if any of the debates conducted prior to my joining were about the topics numerated above....

Geo might debate you on these, he seems to know a lot about the para normal stuff.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 4:38:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/3/2011 3:44:33 PM, seraine wrote:
At 8/3/2011 3:28:28 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/3/2011 3:25:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/3/2011 10:05:52 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/2/2011 11:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bombing of Hiroshima is an interesting topic. It can be debated whether or not it was justified as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Which side are you on?

I'd be willing to debate that. While I find that the Hiroshima bombing (both the bombings really) were justified, I don't believe that "as a response to the bombing on Pearl Harbor" is justifible.

I think "The US bombings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justifiable" is a good and broad enough topic.

For that, I support PRO.

I support maybe, mainly because what if dropping bombs on a military complex and/or uninhabited lands produced the same results?

well, I can't debate you (since we are already in a debate), but we can talk about it in the forums.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 4:54:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Actually, it's about time that i debate something. It seems like ages since i've debated. I'd be up for The US withdrawing from either NATO or the UN - I'd be pro.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 5:22:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/2/2011 10:14:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would suggest a number of debate topics that might prove interesting...They are usually about obscure or esoteric subjects, quite unlike the recent religious debates, or discussions on science (especially the theory of evolution, as in a recent thread), or on common controversial topics.

It does seem that discussions on the paranormal (such as ESP, near death experiences, cryptology, the existence of ghosts and other forms of the supernatural) are not too common, in either the debates or the forums. That is a pity, since I find these debates rather interesting: they account several laws of physical motion and being as well other natural phenomena that might account for the reports of the 'paranormal'). In addition, it also appears that there is little debate over historical events. I do not see much debates on historiography [a discussion on the occurrence of, say, the Nanjing Massacre] or even on controversial historical events [[The Bombing of Hiroshima?]], and so on.

Then again, I am still fairly new to this site, having been online for only two months, and therefore I do not know if any of the debates conducted prior to my joining were about the topics numerated above....

Hi Man-is-Good, I'd be willing to debate you on the paranormal topics. Human auras, out of body experiences, and the astral plane are three that i'd specifically enjoy.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...