Jump to topic:

Sources

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 1:17:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The question is "who has more reliable sources", not "who has more sources". It's pretty frustrating seeing debates tipped over just because the other guy had 5 different dictionary websites and 3 wikepedias. Can we vote responsibly please?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 1:19:45 PM
At 8/5/2011 1:17:23 PM, 000ike wrote:
The question is "who has more reliable sources", not "who has more sources". It's pretty frustrating seeing debates tipped over just because the other guy had 5 different dictionary websites and 3 wikepedias. Can we vote responsibly please?

I know that some people don't like Wiki, but if you notice, Many Wiki articles have hundreds of sources to back up every other sentence in them, while something from FOX or MSNBC will have... none (at least none that you can check).

Though personally, I don't do the sources unless there is a clear difference in source quality.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 1:27:34 PM
At 8/5/2011 1:19:45 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/5/2011 1:17:23 PM, 000ike wrote:

I know that some people don't like Wiki, but if you notice, Many Wiki articles have hundreds of sources to back up every other sentence in them, while something from FOX or MSNBC will have... none (at least none that you can check).

Though personally, I don't do the sources unless there is a clear difference in source quality.

Sometimes if I read something in Wikipedia, I'll look at the bottom for the original source and use that instead since no one like Wikipedia for some reason. It's the same information, it's just from a medical website or something instead.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"