Physician assisted suicide

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:55:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.debate.org......

vote please. This guy, who I suspect is trying to get back at me for calling him childish, tipped the whole debate. The greater the number of voters the more fair and accurate the results.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:56:31 PM
http://www.debate.org...

this is the link, sorry.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:57:02 PM
At 8/5/2011 3:55:35 PM, 000ike wrote:

vote please. This guy, who I suspect is trying to get back at me for calling him childish, tipped the whole debate. The greater the number of voters the more fair and accurate the results.

your link only goes to the DDO homepage.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:03:41 PM

your link only goes to the DDO homepage.

Click on the link directly above your post.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:18:48 PM
The forums are not for advertising specific debates. There are threads dedicated to debate spamming.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:32:33 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:18:48 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The forums are not for advertising specific debates. There are threads dedicated to debate spamming.

Get over it. The threads you speak of serve no purpose, as people just post debates but no one actually goes to vote on them. Moreover, posting debates to get voted on is not spam. It's the purpose of the website, and if there are debates with insufficient quantities of votes, members are allowed to post it where it can get attention.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:34:23 PM
now what "I" consider to be spam are the incessant complaints about asking for votes.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:36:47 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:32:33 PM, 000ike wrote:

Get over it.

I suggest we all get over it by voting against people who spam their requests for debate-attention through creating annoying new threads.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:39:07 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:36:47 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/5/2011 4:32:33 PM, 000ike wrote:

Get over it.

I suggest we all get over it by voting against people who spam their requests for debate-attention through creating annoying new threads.

granted, I've never gotten the ability to vote.. so I won't be doing this..

but I suggest WJMelements makes it a policy.. it'd back up his "don't advertise debates in the forums" with some actual umph...

and would be grand :)

it actually makes me want to register to vote.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 5:28:52 PM

That would be dishonest, very malicious, and grounds for banishment or account suspension. Until you can literally convince the administrators to make debate advertisement against the rules, you really have no case here. So to reiterate, get over it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 7:45:19 PM
At 8/5/2011 3:55:35 PM, 000ike wrote:

vote please. This guy, who I suspect is trying to get back at me for calling him childish, tipped the whole debate. The greater the number of voters the more fair and accurate the results.:

WTF?!?! Yeah, I'm such an @sshole. Look at all these horrible things I said about your performance:

"I thought both sides debated very well with a slight edge given to Pro. Pro tackled every contention Con threw at him and gave a sound refutation for it, backing it up with well-sourced and credible facts. Con argued very well, but his entire thesis relied on an is/ought moral principle that is subjective at best."

I stand by my vote. It's not about spite or whatever else you think. Secondly, I was not aware that you called me "childish" and I really don't care why you did so.

My suggestions are:

1. Get over yourself
2. Stop spamming the forum with inane bullsh*t
3. Hone your debate skills
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 7:51:53 PM
@ Paradigm: ok, ok, so long as it was honest. I said I *suspect*, I guess my suspicion was wrong I'm sorry.

@Cobo: It was a snide and aggressive comment for the EQUALLY snide and aggressive comment the guy gave me. If you're going to address some rudeness it is only fair that you address the cause of the resulting rudeness as well.

and again, I must say. What is the real spam,....the vote requests or the dozens complaining about them?