Jump to topic:

Want a real challenge? Topic: Bin Laden

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 4:05:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In this video Bin Laden claims responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. He tells a story to explain why everyone agrees with the US that he is a terrorist. The English subtitles show the story to be pretty much this:
A wolf ate a lamb. The lamb's mother headbutted the wolf in response. The wolf cried "terrorist," other animals also heard the wolf and soon everyone was calling the lamb a terrorist. If you listen to the video, it's actually quite funny when he compares himself to the lamb and the US to the wolf. I say that his analogy is fallacious and Con should prove that he is right. If you really are looking to challenge yourself, try this. Also, if you want me to take up the challenge, then you can be Pro. Anyone interested?
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 1:21:41 AM
At 8/9/2011 4:05:36 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

In this video Bin Laden claims responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. He tells a story to explain why everyone agrees with the US that he is a terrorist. The English subtitles show the story to be pretty much this:
A wolf ate a lamb. The lamb's mother headbutted the wolf in response. The wolf cried "terrorist," other animals also heard the wolf and soon everyone was calling the lamb a terrorist. If you listen to the video, it's actually quite funny when he compares himself to the lamb and the US to the wolf. I say that his analogy is fallacious and Con should prove that he is right. If you really are looking to challenge yourself, try this. Also, if you want me to take up the challenge, then you can be Pro. Anyone interested?

Any specifics in how his analogy is fallacious? Does con necessarily support that everything about his analogy is sound? For example, let's say you think that the US is a wolf in this case, but that Bin Laden is far worse than just a lamb? For the record, I don't believe that it's fair to call the US wolves in this situation, but I do believe that the so-called lamb would have never had the opportunity to "headbutt" the "wolf" (of course, he did more than headbutt) without a flawed and unjust American foreign policy. And I think that the "lamb's" so-called "headbutt" was fairly predictable - not justified - in light of this foreign policy. But do you have to totally agree with every part of his analogy?
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 5:04:51 PM
I will
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit