Jump to topic:

DDO member's "criminal record" must be shown

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:40:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
When a person commits a crime, their criminal record follows them everywhere. It is difficult for them to find a job, get loans or find an apartment. It alerts society about him and gives them due warning that this person might be dangerous, and to not hire him, give him a loan, or rent him an apartment. It protects the person's neighbors, creditors and society by helping them be aware that a criminal exists in their vicinity and to stay away.

DDO members are not given the same privileges against forfeiters.

When a member forfeits a debate, trolls, or votebombs, their record should follow them everywhere. It should be difficult for them to accept debates, vote or post to the forum. The DDO community should be alerted about him and warned that he might be a forfeiter, troll, or votebomber and that to not accept his debate, respond to his forum post and to countervotebomb his votes. A warning protects the person's potential debaters, and forum responders by helping them be aware that a forfeiter, troll or votebomber exists in their vicinity and to stay away.

I therefore propose the following:

1) The number of debates as well as the number of rounds that each member forfeits should be displayed prominently on their profile. This allows individuals to judge whether the number of forfeits were small enough that they will engage the forfeiter anyway.

2) Whenever a forfeiter accepts a debate, the instigator must recieve a warning and must approve the convict before the debate can start.

3) When a forfeiter instigates a debate, a warning must be prominently displayed on the debate such as this: "Warning: Forfeiters are injurious to debates. Proceed with Caution."

4) Suspected Votebombers and Trolls must be "arrested" by "Police" appointed by President Innomen and be subject to public trial on DDO. A volunteer jury will then ask questions about the posting. While they are at trial, their account will be suspended. If the jury determines that they are a troll or a votebomber, they can sentence them to account suspension for a specific number of days (enforced by checking IP addresses) and a permanent "felony record" or "misdemeanor record" depending on the severity of the crime.

5) Convicted Trolls after the reinstatement of their account must have every forum post they make be approved by a moderator or a "police" before they can post. Additionally, all posts must have "Posted by an Ex-Troll" prominently displayed on the post.

6) Convicted Votebombers must have all votes be approved by a moderator or "police" before their vote shows up on the debate.

With this new justice system, we can bring justice to DDO and weed out the "criminals."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:19:03 AM
At 8/12/2011 2:04:14 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
I don't really think this is necessary. 99% of forfeiters don't even stay on the site for a week.

On top of that, this idea does not work for the newcomers that forfeit and spam. Most forfeiters are newcomers. Of course we won't know whether they're trolls until they do the deed. So, with that in mind, this idea wouldn't solve anything.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:24:07 AM
At 8/12/2011 2:19:03 AM, 000ike wrote:
I don't really think this is necessary. 99% of forfeiters don't even stay on the site for a week.

On top of that, this idea does not work for the newcomers that forfeit and spam. Most forfeiters are newcomers. Of course we won't know whether they're trolls until they do the deed. So, with that in mind, this idea wouldn't solve anything.

I do think it it will solve the problem of people repeatedly forfeiting. If a newcomer takes up a debate and forfeits, no on will debate him again because he has a 100% forfeit rate. That greatly limits the damage.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:56:50 AM
At 8/12/2011 2:24:07 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I do think it it will solve the problem of people repeatedly forfeiting. If a newcomer takes up a debate and forfeits, no on will debate him again because he has a 100% forfeit rate. That greatly limits the damage.

But as was previously stated, they forfeit and leave. So the idea doesn't work.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:57:37 AM

4) Suspected Votebombers and Trolls must be "arrested" by "Police" appointed by President Innomen and be subject to public trial on DDO. A volunteer jury will then ask questions about the posting. While they are at trial, their account will be suspended. If the jury determines that they are a troll or a votebomber, they can sentence them to account suspension for a specific number of days (enforced by checking IP addresses) and a permanent "felony record" or "misdemeanor record" depending on the severity of the crime.

5) Convicted Trolls after the reinstatement of their account must have every forum post they make be approved by a moderator or a "police" before they can post. Additionally, all posts must have "Posted by an Ex-Troll" prominently displayed on the post.

6) Convicted Votebombers must have all votes be approved by a moderator or "police" before their vote shows up on the debate.

With this new justice system, we can bring justice to DDO and weed out the "criminals."

I smell a witch...errr troll hunt.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:30:26 AM
At 8/12/2011 2:56:50 AM, 000ike wrote:

But as was previously stated, they forfeit and leave. So the idea doesn't work.

I think it at least solves the problem of trolling and votebombing.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 10:15:38 AM

Actually, more people will probably take the debates for the easy wins, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Christopheratheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 8:16:14 PM
Under the Rehabilitation of Trollers Act 2011 and the Rehabilitation of Vote Bombers Act 2011, After their convictions are spent, pre determined by the sentencing Judge, they may or may not choose to claim. Any Unspent convictions must be declared but only when asked specifically. Failure to supply details of unspent convictions will result in a fine and or DDO Imprisonment.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 8:59:33 PM
At 8/13/2011 8:16:14 PM, Christopheratheist wrote:
Under the Rehabilitation of Trollers Act 2011 and the Rehabilitation of Vote Bombers Act 2011, After their convictions are spent, pre determined by the sentencing Judge, they may or may not choose to claim. Any Unspent convictions must be declared but only when asked specifically. Failure to supply details of unspent convictions will result in a fine and or DDO Imprisonment.

Don't forget that they must notify all neighbors within 500 meters they have been convicted for a vote bombing or trolling offense.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 9:21:45 PM
At 8/13/2011 8:59:33 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Don't forget that they must notify all neighbors within 500 meters they have been convicted for a vote bombing or trolling offense.

I also propose a three part amendment:
1) That public humiliation (via forum) be taken up as an acceptable form of punishment for forfeitors (forfeiting being the loss of a debate by not responding on time) who have forfeited not more than six (6) times.

2) That persons who have forfeited (see above definition of forfeiture) more than six (6) times be considered troll offenders, subject to the penalties as described by my colleague Congressman Illegalcombatant.

3) That persons who have trolled and/or votebombed more than twenty-five (25) times be subject to the penalty of expulsion from the DDO community (NOTE: this does not imply a closure of account, but a complete "shunning," of said account) for not more than three (3) months.

This amendment is now officially introduced to the DDO Congress by Congressman Det3ctbleNinja (R-WI).
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 9:28:39 PM
At 8/13/2011 9:21:45 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

1) That public humiliation (via forum) be taken up as an acceptable form of punishment for forfeitors (forfeiting being the loss of a debate by not responding on time) who have forfeited not more than six (6) times.

2) That persons who have forfeited (see above definition of forfeiture) more than six (6) times be considered troll offenders, subject to the penalties as described by my colleague Congressman Illegalcombatant.

3) That persons who have trolled and/or votebombed more than twenty-five (25) times be subject to the penalty of expulsion from the DDO community (NOTE: this does not imply a closure of account, but a complete "shunning," of said account) for not more than three (3) months.

This amendment is now officially introduced to the DDO Congress by Congressman Det3ctbleNinja (R-WI).

I agree, but would add a spending bill attachment of 200 billion dollars for a bridge to the moon.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 9:33:17 PM
At 8/13/2011 9:28:39 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/13/2011 9:21:45 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I agree, but would add a spending bill attachment of 200 billion dollars for a bridge to the moon.

I second the motion.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 11:06:46 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:40:48 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
When a person commits a crime, their criminal record follows them everywhere. It is difficult for them to find a job, get loans or find an apartment. It alerts society about him and gives them due warning that this person might be dangerous, and to not hire him, give him a loan, or rent him an apartment. It protects the person's neighbors, creditors and society by helping them be aware that a criminal exists in their vicinity and to stay away.

When a member forfeits a debate, trolls, or votebombs, their record should follow them everywhere. It should be difficult for them to accept debates, vote or post to the forum. The DDO community should be alerted about him and warned that he might be a forfeiter, troll, or votebomber and that to not accept his debate, respond to his forum post and to countervotebomb his votes. A warning protects the person's potential debaters, and forum responders by helping them be aware that a forfeiter, troll or votebomber exists in their vicinity and to stay away.

1) The number of debates as well as the number of rounds that each member forfeits should be displayed prominently on their profile. This allows individuals to judge whether the number of forfeits were small enough that they will engage the forfeiter anyway.

2) Whenever a forfeiter accepts a debate, the instigator must recieve a warning and must approve the convict before the debate can start.

3) When a forfeiter instigates a debate, a warning must be prominently displayed on the debate such as this: "Warning: Forfeiters are injurious to debates. Proceed with Caution."

It would be much easier just to bring back askbob.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:10:10 PM
At 8/13/2011 11:06:46 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Who is askbob?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:23:53 PM
At 8/14/2011 10:10:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Who is askbob?

Askbob is a former member. He was known for tracking down the personal information of members he thought were a detriment to the site and posting the information on the forums. There was a troll who kept making account after account, and askbob posted his picture on the forums. He was a legal liability to Juggle because the troll was a minor, so they banned him.
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 11:14:34 PM
At 8/14/2011 10:23:53 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Who is askbob?

Askbob is a former member. He was known for tracking down the personal information of members he thought were a detriment to the site and posting the information on the forums. There was a troll who kept making account after account, and askbob posted his picture on the forums. He was a legal liability to Juggle because the troll was a minor, so they banned him.

Askbob was an awesome "Googler" who could get dirt on any troll but he was banned a lot because of it.
Steve0Yea
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 8:14:39 PM
At 8/12/2011 10:15:38 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Actually, more people will probably take the debates for the easy wins, lol.

I like the idea, if someone has a 100% forfeit score (or even 50% for that matter) then the debate should not positively effect your win loss %.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 5:49:55 AM
At 8/14/2011 11:14:34 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:23:53 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Who is askbob?

Askbob was an awesome "Googler" who could get dirt on any troll but he was banned a lot because of it.

Unfortunately he was a troll himself who targetted decent members as well. In any case he has returned.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:02:47 AM

We don't put hazard signs on cars whose drivers have received speeding tickets.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light