Jump to topic:

Funny RFDs

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 4:50:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Don't need to put the name of the person that gave the RFD, just the quote (though I'm sure it can be worked out on some of them).

This is just part of the RFD, "The only thing he convinced me of was that he supports global fascist dictatorship."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:27:37 PM
"I voted based on names/avatars. Grape is a pretty good name--not great, but alright. But izbo10? What a stupid name. Grape's picture is also much better. An adorable kangaroo (I think?) vs. some boring default avatar? No contest, Grape wins this too. Overall, clear victory for Grape, 7-0."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:28:30 PM
At 8/15/2011 5:27:37 PM, Double_R wrote:
"I voted based on names/avatars. Grape is a pretty good name--not great, but alright. But izbo10? What a stupid name. Grape's picture is also much better. An adorable kangaroo (I think?) vs. some boring default avatar? No contest, Grape wins this too. Overall, clear victory for Grape, 7-0."

lol.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 10:07:43 PM

I think my next RFD will be based on avatars. Lol
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 12:46:27 AM
" Koopin and Mumbarek clearly had better arguments. OreEle is probably lying about having a baby because he couldn't refute Pro's flawless logic and wanted an excuse to forfeit."
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 2:31:28 PM
At 8/15/2011 11:40:38 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Let's not encourage bad voting.

Sorry, I meant that tongue-in-cheek.... honest, I did :)
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:00:36 PM
Con had the last word.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:38:04 PM

We're only laughing at the incompetence of bad voters/members on this site.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:40:06 PM
At 8/17/2011 12:38:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I disagree, I think a voter with a sense of humor is more competent than one without. People who take themselves too seriously tend to fail in life.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:45:01 PM
At 8/17/2011 12:40:06 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:38:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I disagree, I think a voter with a sense of humor is more competent than one without. People who take themselves too seriously tend to fail in life.

I was not implying that, technically. I wasn't advocating for a lack of humor, but just asserting that this thread was solely created to laugh at 'funny RFDs'. I don't think I was implying anything about a lack of sense of humor or its parallel with lack of competence and success. But, nice comment, ike.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:46:10 PM
Here's one:

": I was at least expecting some nonsense christian things like about moon dust and stuff." (http://www.debate.org...)

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:50:23 PM
At 8/17/2011 12:46:10 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Here's one:

": I was at least expecting some nonsense christian things like about moon dust and stuff." (http://www.debate.org...)

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Lets not quote the troll, lest he ruin this thread.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:55:17 PM
At 8/17/2011 12:50:23 PM, 000ike wrote:
Here's one:

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Lets not quote the troll, lest he ruin this thread.

I agree. But without Him, I can find little humor in the RFDs or the comment pages in the debates.

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 5:15:42 PM

I think I remember that debate
Here is one
"Benny has a sick moustache, and Izbo doesnt. Honestly, how could I be expected to vote against that? The only person with a more legit stach than benny is teddy roosevelt and even that is debateable. No but really, Izbo whined on the forums about this debate, which brought me to it and Izbo loses the conduct vote for that."
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 5:17:23 PM
At 8/17/2011 12:50:23 PM, 000ike wrote:
Here's one:

Oh really? Becuase he has some of the best
This one for instance
"I don't care what the stips of this debate are superretardboy you don't understand how to vote on debates I ll do the same to you ok?"
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 11:49:45 AM
"I think everyone is now dumber for having read this. Pro's arguments were entirely nonsensical. Oh yeah and forfeit"

"VOOOOOOTE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk forfeit"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 11:58:08 AM
I don't even see the point of mandatory RFDs. The voting categories are self-explanatory.

If someone disagrees with your vote, there will likely be a debate in the comments section about it. There isn't enough character space in the RFD box to explain why you thought one's arguments were superior.

To not derail the thread, I'll just post a BS RFD from my most recent debate in which the voter v-bombed me with all 7 points:

"Seabiscuit had some really good arguments about Christianity (btw the debate had absolutely nothing to do with Christianity) and all Danielle seem capable of doing is regurgitating facts that she read or heard about with no real intuition of her own."

Kenya believe it... I had the audacity to use facts to support my case! PSHT!
President of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 12:19:28 PM
At 8/18/2011 11:58:08 AM, Danielle wrote:
I don't even see the point of mandatory RFDs. The voting categories are self-explanatory.

If someone disagrees with your vote, there will likely be a debate in the comments section about it. There isn't enough character space in the RFD box to explain why you thought one's arguments were superior.

To not derail the thread, I'll just post a BS RFD from my most recent debate in which the voter v-bombed me with all 7 points:

The voter was a multi account of seabiscuit, who voted for him in every debate.
"Seabiscuit had some really good arguments about Christianity (btw the debate had absolutely nothing to do with Christianity) and all Danielle seem capable of doing is regurgitating facts that she read or heard about with no real intuition of her own."

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 12:24:45 PM
At 8/18/2011 12:19:28 PM, thett3 wrote:

The voter was a multi account of seabiscuit, who voted for him in every debate.
Crackrocks recently admitted that 'she' was a multi-account of Seabiscuit, not his sister:
"Yes, yes I am" (in response to Bluesteel's and my suspicions that he was Seabiscuit, since he was complaining about the voting in his last debate with Danielle on the same topic) [http://www.debate.org...]

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 1:11:35 PM
In the meantime, there are other RFDs that I find funny...:
"izbo, this was not even funny. I think you are losing your passion, even Corky looking down from Heaven is shaking his head."_Cliff Stamp (http://www.debate.org...)

randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 1:18:05 PM
At 8/18/2011 1:11:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
In the meantime, there are other RFDs that I find funny...:
"izbo, this was not even funny. I think you are losing your passion, even Corky looking down from Heaven is shaking his head."_Cliff Stamp (http://www.debate.org...)

Yeah I seen that debate :)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 1:21:26 PM
And what about this?
"This sounds more like a 14 year old girl being upset that her parents made her break up with her 18 year old boyfriend than it does like a debate."_Reformed.Arsenal (http://www.debate.org...)

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 1:29:26 PM

Yeah, didn't you know that facts are like, totally over rated?
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 2:08:59 PM
What I like about the RFD's however brief they may be is that I can take that as advice on how to improve. Gotten a lot of good times that way from those who explain their voting well.
crackrocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:59:01 AM

I just think you should be able to author your own arguments instead of paisting something someone smarter than you developed.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:36:21 AM
At 8/19/2011 2:59:01 AM, crackrocks wrote:
I just think you should be able to author your own arguments instead of paisting something someone smarter than you developed.

Well as someone smarter than you, I vehemently disagree with your assessment. If you would like to hear all of my original arguments for that just ask.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:37:47 AM
Btw that would also make the "Sources" voting category obsolete, though of course you voted for yourself there anyway despite not using any sources. That doesn't make sense and is pretty contradictory to what you're saying overall, but of course you're really smart so you know that already.
President of DDO