Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Best Newb Award

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:00:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This an appreciation thread for new members who show especially high promise in the community.

This is how it will work.
Anyone can nominate anyone else as long as the person they nominate has been here for less than 2 months.
After this time tomorrow, the nominations will stop.
Everyone is allowed 1 vote.
After this time in 3 days, the voting will stop.
The person with the most votes receives the invisible but highly honored Best Newb Award.
Please make all nominations and votes in bold, as to be more easily identified.

I nominate:
Wnope
freedomsquared
Tiel
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:02:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:00:02 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This an appreciation thread for new members who show especially high promise in the community.

This is how it will work.
Anyone can nominate anyone else as long as the person they nominate has been here for less than 2 months.
After this time tomorrow, the nominations will stop.
Everyone is allowed 1 vote.
After this time in 3 days, the voting will stop.
The person with the most votes receives the invisible but highly honored Best Newb Award.
Please make all nominations and votes in bold, as to be more easily identified.

I nominate:
Wnope
freedomsquared
Tiel


Sounds kinda gay.
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:18:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I nominate myself. I was here for 4 months, but hey, 4 months 2 months; what's the difference?
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:23:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:18:06 PM, kohai wrote:
I nominate myself. I was here for 4 months, but hey, 4 months 2 months; what's the difference?

You should've nominated GMdebater/Curt/whoever the hell else
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:30:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.

Yeah, he would definitely be included here but he's been here for too long.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:38:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Speaking of best newbs, is there some kind of annual award thing on this site? Like best debater, best forum posted, most improved, etc? If so when is the next one?
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:39:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:24:52 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I'd also like to nominate VocMusTcrMaloy.

Second that
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:41:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:38:44 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Speaking of best newbs, is there some kind of annual award thing on this site? Like best debater, best forum posted, most improved, etc? If so when is the next one?

Yeah, I believe there was....
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:49:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:30:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.

Yeah, he would definitely be included here but he's been here for too long.

his profile says 2 months. Maybe he's approaching 3.

http://www.debate.org...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:20:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:49:44 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:30:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.

Yeah, he would definitely be included here but he's been here for too long.

his profile says 2 months. Maybe he's approaching 3.

http://www.debate.org...

Oh wow. I was sure it said three. Well it looks like have another candidate.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:35:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 12:20:01 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:49:44 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:30:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.

Yeah, he would definitely be included here but he's been here for too long.

his profile says 2 months. Maybe he's approaching 3.

http://www.debate.org...

Oh wow. I was sure it said three. Well it looks like have another candidate.

Well, if their profile says 2 months then they've technically been here longer than it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:51:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
There's no need to nominate people who have already been nominated. Once someone is nominated it means they are open to be voted on.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:54:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 12:35:56 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:20:01 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:49:44 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:30:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.

Yeah, he would definitely be included here but he's been here for too long.

his profile says 2 months. Maybe he's approaching 3.

http://www.debate.org...

Oh wow. I was sure it said three. Well it looks like have another candidate.

Well, if their profile says 2 months then they've technically been here longer than it.

Well how are we defining 2 months? Are we rounding up or down?

So the rule is that they must be there for 1 month on their profile?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:56:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 12:54:38 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:35:56 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:20:01 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:49:44 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:30:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.

Yeah, he would definitely be included here but he's been here for too long.

his profile says 2 months. Maybe he's approaching 3.

http://www.debate.org...

Oh wow. I was sure it said three. Well it looks like have another candidate.

Well, if their profile says 2 months then they've technically been here longer than it.

Well how are we defining 2 months? Are we rounding up or down?

So the rule is that they must be there for 1 month on their profile?

Yes but I suppose it can be changed if enough people descent.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 1:26:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:24:52 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I'd also like to nominate VocMusTcrMaloy.

I agree....I'll nominate Wnope as well.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:23:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 2:45:21 AM, innomen wrote:
Pretty sure Freedomsquared is an old member recycled.

Who?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:28:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 3:23:18 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/17/2011 2:45:21 AM, innomen wrote:
Pretty sure Freedomsquared is an old member recycled.

Who?

He actually told us once, but i didn't recognize the member, but he knew us pretty well.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 10:52:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:41:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:38:44 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Speaking of best newbs, is there some kind of annual award thing on this site? Like best debater, best forum posted, most improved, etc? If so when is the next one?

Yeah, I believe there was....

And still is.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 10:54:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 12:56:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:54:38 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:35:56 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:20:01 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:49:44 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:30:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:27:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 8/16/2011 11:22:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I also nominate myself, hey 1 year 2 months what's the difference?

Seriously I nominate:

Double_R
CD-Host

I'd agree, but he's been here 3 months. Almost 4 actually. The requirement is 2.

Yeah, he would definitely be included here but he's been here for too long.

his profile says 2 months. Maybe he's approaching 3.

http://www.debate.org...

Oh wow. I was sure it said three. Well it looks like have another candidate.

Well, if their profile says 2 months then they've technically been here longer than it.

Well how are we defining 2 months? Are we rounding up or down?

So the rule is that they must be there for 1 month on their profile?

Yes but I suppose it can be changed if enough people descent.

Last time, during the DDO Awards (at the end of each year, I think November), it was anyone that started DDO in that year (which sucked for people that started in december the year before).

But I think it should be longer, like if the profile says 3 months or less (for a total of 4 real months, since 3.9 months gets rounded to 3). But that is just my opinion.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"