Jump to topic:

long youtube video's in debates

truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 7:28:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
My opponent put a YouTube video over 1h:50m long. does this count as an argument?
Am I supposed to watch it?
It certainly is way over the character limit.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 7:38:34 AM
3 words you should put in your debate... NO VIDEO LINKS
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 7:41:49 AM
Putting a long youtube video as an argument is like telling your opponent to go read a book on the subject. Its evasive and kinda lazy. If I were voting, I would not count it.
By the way, can I see the debate?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 7:43:30 AM
It would not be deemed acceptable to supply a link that would take that long to read, so I'd say not. I reckon the voters would agree with that?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 8:19:17 AM
At 8/17/2011 7:41:49 AM, 000ike wrote:
Putting a long youtube video as an argument is like telling your opponent to go read a book on the subject. Its evasive and kinda lazy. If I were voting, I would not count it.
By the way, can I see the debate?

It was a terrible debate I had no formal debating experience. so it's kind of unorganized, messy, and poorly worded.

<a>http://www.debate.org...
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 8:49:33 AM
I agree with illegalcombatant and plan to use that phrase in the future. Honestly, I got a debate right now where the other guy posted a bunch. Sorry but I'm not going to watch your video or accept it as evidence. I didn't think it would be possible for a generation to be lazier than the MTV generation, but I digress.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 10:23:05 AM
Just write 'NO VIDEO LINKS' as one of the rules in your future debates. But otherwise, the voters will either give you points for conduct or arguments if your opponent choses to do so, which is ridiculous (making you invest your time in another, tangent of the debate)...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau