Jump to topic:

The "Anti-Trolls."

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:44:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I noticed that there are a couple "anti-trolls," on here (I shan't name names.) And o be honest, I was one of them for a while.

But, I realized something. I realized that this whole troll thing (including the trolls and anti-trolls) is nothing more than a sideshow and distraction from what would otherwise be a rather ideal intellectual site. After all, isn't an anti-troll really just a troll his/herself?

Anyway, my point is that I'd like to apologize for any hinderence I may have caused to your enjoyment here on DDO, and I'd like to mainly stick to the civil discussions from now on.

But what say YOU?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:47:44 PM
At 8/19/2011 5:44:42 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I noticed that there are a couple "anti-trolls," on here (I shan't name names.) And o be honest, I was one of them for a while.

But, I realized something. I realized that this whole troll thing (including the trolls and anti-trolls) is nothing more than a sideshow and distraction from what would otherwise be a rather ideal intellectual site. After all, isn't an anti-troll really just a troll his/herself?

Anyway, my point is that I'd like to apologize for any hinderence I may have caused to your enjoyment here on DDO, and I'd like to mainly stick to the civil discussions from now on.

But what say YOU?

I agree, it's better to ignore them, but I think the troll problem has died down now, except for the return of askbob, but died none the less.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 6:57:40 PM
^ I think we know you askbob is gonna post info on next time he gets banned. You best burn the skeletons in your closet. ;)
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 7:01:03 PM
At 8/19/2011 6:57:40 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
^ I think we know you askbob is gonna post info on next time he gets banned. You best burn the skeletons in your closet. ;)

I assume you're referring to 000ike?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 7:18:38 PM

yes I know. People like askbob are the reason why my name is "Book Took'. lol. I just don't know what kind of psychopath looks up information on people over the internet, finds their phone number and calls them.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 7:35:43 PM
At 8/19/2011 7:18:38 PM, 000ike wrote:

yes I know. People like askbob are the reason why my name is "Book Took'. lol. I just don't know what kind of psychopath looks up information on people over the internet, finds their phone number and calls them.

just a different kinda psychopath to my kind and yours is all. and then not so different a kind either.

well... i am one of a kind i am.. not so different from you!
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 8:53:54 PM
At 8/19/2011 7:35:43 PM, el-badgero wrote:
At 8/19/2011 7:18:38 PM, 000ike wrote:

just a different kinda psychopath to my kind and yours is all. and then not so different a kind either.

well... i am one of a kind i am.. not so different from you!

are you one of askbob's accounts? Why did you switch to first person?