Jump to topic:

To clear this up. My racial stance.

Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 5:28:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
- I do not think all black people act the same way.

- I do not dislike all black people.

- I do not think black people are less intelligent than any other race.

- I respect black people and all people, equally as much as they respect me.

I hope this clears some things up. I keep getting personally attacked for views that I do not advocate, nor support. If you would like to know more about my specific perspective, please ask me questions instead of becoming hostile and accusing me of things that are not are not true.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 8:50:23 PM
At 8/20/2011 5:28:36 PM, Tiel wrote:

I hope this clears some things up. I keep getting personally attacked for views that I do not advocate, nor support. If you would like to know more about my specific perspective, please ask me questions instead of becoming hostile and accusing me of things that are not are not true.

Based on the statement that you said above, I then think you are definitely different than me with regards to your racial views.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:02:51 PM
At 8/20/2011 8:50:23 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
Based on the statement that you said above, I then think you are definitely different than me with regards to your racial views.

Tiel may not be racist, but YOU are. You are a racist who will most likely receive public exile anywhere you make your views apparent. Good luck with that.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:05:34 PM
Debate.Org should respect all view points, as long as they are defended.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:08:53 PM
At 8/20/2011 10:05:34 PM, wjmelements wrote:

You can call anything a viewpoint, and by that logic, DDO would not have any rules. We need to know the difference between a point of view and an insult derived from personal hatred. Respect to the latter would make DDO as guilty as the individuals exhibiting such emotions.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:10:57 PM
At 8/20/2011 10:08:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
You can call anything a viewpoint, and by that logic, DDO would not have any rules. We need to know the difference between a point of view and an insult derived from personal hatred. Respect to the latter would make DDO as guilty as the individuals exhibiting such emotions.

Absolutely, but taking a position that the races aren't equal isn't the same as calling another member a stupid n*gger.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:15:20 PM

What constitutes a defense is probably misunderstood. You're right in what you just said, but even a view that the races aren't equal is probably not going to be defended well enough not to deserve criticism.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:29:17 PM

Define "defending"? Some people on DDO defend their views but there defense is along the line of this:

"No your wrong because your wrong. I'm right because I'm right."
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:34:09 PM
At 8/20/2011 10:08:53 PM, 000ike wrote:

You can call anything a viewpoint, and by that logic, DDO would not have any rules.
Some things are actions, not viewpoints.

We need to know the difference between a point of view and an insult derived from personal hatred.
We don't actually, although the owners seem to want to, and that is within their rights.

Respect to the latter would make DDO as guilty as the individuals exhibiting such emotions.
This is simply false. Providing a forum for speech makes you "guilty" of nothing, not even agreeing with the speaker.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:46:58 PM
At 8/20/2011 10:34:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

This is simply false. Providing a forum for speech makes you "guilty" of nothing, not even agreeing with the speaker.

Everything is 'simply false' with you. Being the host and permitting such vulgarities makes the website guilty. That is only in the case of something like a personal racial insult.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 10:49:46 PM
At 8/20/2011 10:46:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/20/2011 10:34:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Everything is 'simply false' with you.
Ad hominem. A rather conceptually complex one too, bravo :)

Being the host and permitting such vulgarities makes the website guilty.
You're simply repeating your assertion, not offering an argument, when you have the burden of proof as you offered the affirmative claim (everything is simply false until true :) ).

That is only in the case of something like a personal racial insult.
As you offered no reasons for this exception, ad hoc fallacy.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 11:03:14 PM
racists are retarded and trying to firmly establish differences between races is retarded. to what end but different treatment or oppression or something like that? there're doctors among all races. and criminals too, who're generally the mistreated.. hence the retardation.. or evil..
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Hello-Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 11:13:08 PM

I second this.
Hello-Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 11:15:14 PM
At 8/20/2011 10:15:20 PM, LeafRod wrote:

What constitutes a defense is probably misunderstood. You're right in what you just said, but even a view that the races aren't equal is probably not going to be defended well enough not to deserve criticism.

I disagree, by making that statement, you commit yourself to a close-minded standard. While by whatever weighing mechanism you use to determine the worth of various races may end up in all races being the same, that's not something that will be true with every-one.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 11:14:33 AM
At 8/20/2011 10:29:17 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Define "defending"? Some people on DDO defend their views but there defense is along the line of this:

"No your wrong because your wrong. I'm right because I'm right."

I have had to deal with this a lot.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 7:38:57 PM
- I do not think a majority of black people act the same way.

Do you still agree with this?
curious18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 7:42:12 PM

Can I debate you on anything regarding race? I have to get ready for classes coming up so some kind of practice would be helpful.
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 5:09:14 PM
At 8/20/2011 9:02:51 PM, 000ike wrote:

Tiel may not be racist, but YOU are. You are a racist who will most likely receive public exile anywhere you make your views apparent. Good luck with that.

Well I have made my views pretty apparent in my local community so far. And I also havn't been "publicly exiled". So I find your statement to be false in terms of realistic views. If I go to Washington D.C. and make my open up my views there, then perhaps so. Down where I live, hardly true.

Also, I don't deny your statement accusing me of racism. I'm racist. So, whats the big deal?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 5:21:16 PM
At 8/22/2011 5:09:14 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote
Also, I don't deny your statement accusing me of racism. I'm racist. So, whats the big deal?

Whats the big deal is that it makes you ignorant. Hatred for another human being simply for being born a certain way is of the highest irrationality and unfairness. A racist in the modern day is inherently ignorant just for having such views, because it shows a lack of knowledge for history, a lack of common sense in life, and a lack of wisdom on how to view and treat fellow human beings. I do not find this conclusion from popular disfavor of racism. I find it from the immorality intertwined with such opinions.

A timid racist, at the very least, has the foresight of knowing the consequences of vocalizing his views willy-nilly, A proud one, like your self, is a moron of the highest order.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 7:05:02 PM
At 8/22/2011 5:09:14 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

Well I have made my views pretty apparent in my local community so far. And I also havn't been "publicly exiled". So I find your statement to be false in terms of realistic views. If I go to Washington D.C. and make my open up my views there, then perhaps so. Down where I live, hardly true.

I look forward to seeing some of your views expressed in discussions. I mean no disrespect to you personally, but most admitted racists do nothing but harm to their own race. They simply make others embarassed to be associated with that race. They do more damage to their own race than any other race could ever do, or even want to do.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 7:15:18 PM
At 8/22/2011 5:09:14 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

What is the big deal? Racism clearly generalizes and limits one's knowledge and willingness to acknowledge other races. It is a perfect source of bias and prejudice to form. For example, if a man states that the President of the United States must be a white man/woman, then he is automatically assuming that only members of the white race are fit for the office (a product of his racist views). Assumptions and presuppositions are easily formed, as well as misconceptions of other races, that lead to violence or even discrimination.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 7:40:08 PM
At 8/21/2011 7:38:57 PM, Wnope wrote:

I said that I do not feel hat all black people feel the same way. That's what I said and that's the truth. Beyond that is nothing but a stance that is continually evolving. My current stance holds that certain similarities seem to be apparent among the choices of the majority within a certain range of genetic classification (race). I think this can be attributed to culture, history, society, economy, and physiology alike. The exact answers to the whats and the why can never be empirically concluded as their no way to scientifically perform an experiment that includes an entire race. This is because there is no clear cut definition a to what defines a specific race, though a certain range of genetic traits may be the most accurate way to go bout doing so. Even if this was done, there would be no way to get the entire genetic classification to participate in the experiment, This makes all perspectives on race speculative and biased, no matter what side you are on. The truth is that once we mix all of the different possible genetic codes through breeding, we would result in one true genetic race of human. One genetic classification all having the same possible genetic variations. Evolution would produce the best human design in this way.

A superior human race is the one true race which is a complete mixture of all the previous genetic possibilities. I may have certain perspectives on the current genetic grouping classifications and their choice similarities, but in the end all humans are human.

This is my belief.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 8:28:19 PM
At 8/23/2011 7:40:08 PM, Tiel wrote:

I said that I do not feel hat all black people feel the same way. That's what I said and that's the truth. Beyond that is nothing but a stance that is continually evolving. My current stance holds that certain similarities seem to be apparent among the choices of the majority within a certain range of genetic classification (race). I think this can be attributed to culture, history, society, economy, and physiology alike. The exact answers to the whats and the why can never be empirically concluded as their no way to scientifically perform an experiment that includes an entire race. This is because there is no clear cut definition a to what defines a specific race, though a certain range of genetic traits may be the most accurate way to go bout doing so. Even if this was done, there would be no way to get the entire genetic classification to participate in the experiment, This makes all perspectives on race speculative and biased, no matter what side you are on. The truth is that once we mix all of the different possible genetic codes through breeding, we would result in one true genetic race of human. One genetic classification all having the same possible genetic variations. Evolution would produce the best human design in this way.

A superior human race is the one true race which is a complete mixture of all the previous genetic possibilities. I may have certain perspectives on the current genetic grouping classifications and their choice similarities, but in the end all humans are human.

This is my belief.

Other than the underlined bit, I largely agree.

If this is your stance, you should careful how you word responses, since most people do not interpret you as saying that. Your wording earlier suggested a majority of "blacks" acted in a particular way separable from other races.

This is a debate site, so when you speculate, especially about controversial topics, expect your stance to be challenged.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:35:09 PM
At 8/23/2011 8:28:19 PM, Wnope wrote:

This is my belief.

If this is your stance, you should careful how you word responses, since most people do not interpret you as saying that. Your wording earlier suggested a majority of "blacks" acted in a particular way separable from other races.

This is a debate site, so when you speculate, especially about controversial topics, expect your stance to be challenged.

I do expect all of my perspectives to be challenged by someone. I do personally classify a certain grouping of human genetics as the "black race". Also, I do personally see certain similarities within that genetic classification. This however is not unique to that genetic classification, I personally see similarities within every genetic classification (race). I do feel that certain genetic factors may have influenced certain kinds of beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. Though only being an influence, and not the sole reason for the choice itself. These influences being seen in cultural, social, economical choices made by the majority within these genetic classifications.

This I repeat is an evolving stance and is merely speculation based on personal observations and experiences, though almost all opinions of group labeling by anyone are done in a similar fashion. My opinion are not meant to offend any specific genetic classification as I see strengths and weaknesses among all the current genetic groups. It may be that no matter what genetic pool your specific genes are derived from, you will inherit certain strengths and weaknesses. This too however is merely speculation and combining certain genetic traits from all human genetic possibilities may one day result in a superior genetic human design in comparison to the average human in the current era of human history.

Only time will tell.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:57:42 PM
At 8/23/2011 10:35:09 PM, Tiel wrote:

This is my belief.

I do expect all of my perspectives to be challenged by someone. I do personally classify a certain grouping of human genetics as the "black race". Also, I do personally see certain similarities within that genetic classification. This however is not unique to that genetic classification, I personally see similarities within every genetic classification (race). I do feel that certain genetic factors may have influenced certain kinds of beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. Though only being an influence, and not the sole reason for the choice itself. These influences being seen in cultural, social, economical choices made by the majority within these genetic classifications.

This I repeat is an evolving stance and is merely speculation based on personal observations and experiences, though almost all opinions of group labeling by anyone are done in a similar fashion. My opinion are not meant to offend any specific genetic classification as I see strengths and weaknesses among all the current genetic groups. It may be that no matter what genetic pool your specific genes are derived from, you will inherit certain strengths and weaknesses. This too however is merely speculation and combining certain genetic traits from all human genetic possibilities may one day result in a superior genetic human design in comparison to the average human in the current era of human history.

Only time will tell.

Just realize that the status quo of DDO is such that a statement, speculative or not, is treated as taking a pro/con stance. When that pro/con stance is controversial, it will receive more attention than otherwise. So, your speculation turns into entire posts about you asserting the speculation.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:49:41 PM
At 8/23/2011 10:57:42 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/23/2011 10:35:09 PM, Tiel wrote:

I said that I do not feel that all black people behave the same way. That's what I said and that's the truth. Beyond that is nothing but a stance which is continually evolving. My current stance holds that certain similarities seem to be apparent among the choices of the majority within a certain range of genetic classification (race). I think this can be attributed to culture, history, society, economy, and physiology alike. The exact answers to the whats and the whys can never be empirically concluded as their no way to scientifically perform an experiment that includes an entire race. This is because there is no clear cut definition a to what defines a specific race, though a certain range of genetic traits may be the most accurate way to go bout doing so. Even if this was done, there would be no way to get the entire genetic classification to participate in the experiment, This makes all perspectives on race speculative and biased, no matter what side you are on. The truth is that once we mix all of the different possible genetic codes through breeding, we would result in one true genetic range of human design. One genetic classification range all having the same possible genetic variations. Evolution would produce the best human design in this way.

This is my belief.

Only time will tell.

Just realize that the status quo of DDO is such that a statement, speculative or not, is treated as taking a pro/con stance. When that pro/con stance is controversial, it will receive more attention than otherwise. So, your speculation turns into entire posts about you asserting the speculation.

I have always understood that most of the active members on the site see things in this way, though most of the time they jump to conclusions and are mistaken as to what the position is. Too many assertions, not enough honest questions. That's what I have seen. If members asked other members more questions, instead of accusing and asserting things, the overall dynamic between members on the site would be greatly improved.