Jump to topic:

Debate.org is for chatting too ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 2:16:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well it seems to be the more popular format on this social online network.
I think that the debate factor has decreased in quality dramatically because of
its limited nature. Sure, we all know that this site is made for debating. But there
are many different kinds of debating styles and systems. And we also know that there are valid options too. This is why we have what you call "chat". You have miscellaneous, personal, and the DDO thread.
Or casual conversations about anything that is a concern of the general public.
You get rid of this format, and the place is dead. NOONE will want to connect here for any reasons at all whatsoever. You know this, and I know that this is true. It is inevitable, as it is human nature to fellowship and converse in activities
that we are accustomed to. That includes emailing, networking, and gaming.
This place has choices, so I dont know why some of you idiots keep complaining
about the level of chat here. It is acceptable, and it rids one of boredom. People conversate because they are human. This is the single most valued element here at DDO. This is what people like to do, and that will never change. If it does, then there will be no DDO because the debate factor cannot stand alone. I have spoken. Any comments.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 2:20:45 PM
It shows a certain level of imperceptive incompetence to lecture a website of intellectuals with such condescension. No where in that unstructured ungrammatical paragraph did you make a single sensible point. Troll be gone.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 2:23:11 PM
At 8/23/2011 2:20:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
It shows a certain level of imperceptive incompetence to lecture a website of intellectuals with such condescension. No where in that unstructured ungrammatical paragraph did you make a single sensible point. Troll be gone.

Obviously it was intelligent enough for you to respond. Contradicting yourself yet again my friend. Do you need a brain ? I think so. Perhaps The Wizard Of Oz can help.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:26:14 PM
At 8/23/2011 4:18:07 PM, Lasagna wrote:
When I first came here in '07 there was no forum section. It was just debates... and this place was just fine.

It is still just fine. I think many here are wasting way too much time and energy worrying about other issues that really are irrelevent. Who cares about what the
rebels do. They will always be here no matter what and will infiltrate themselves
accordingly in ways you never thought possible. It is inevitable, whether you like it or not. I think this too shall stand.