Is this site better then Yahoo!answers?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:12:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2011 7:55:55 AM, Lamont wrote:
I like Y!A but it goes overboard with removing questions and suspending people and I was wondering if this site is better or worst.

As a current user of Yahoo..........No, I do not think this place comes even close
to the extraordinary format that the great "Y" has to offer. It is much slower, not as mainstream, lacks the intensity, and charm of Yahoo Answers. They have a news page on that site and sometimes their comment thread can have over 10,000 people at one time. I have seen them reach this number in a matter of minutes.
They have better trolls, a wider range of topics, and it is extremely unpredictable.
I think DDO is in a different class of social online networks if you ask me.
Yahoo Answers is way ahead of these guys for many other various reasons.
And oh yeah, they have the ladies. Life is good.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:35:39 AM
At 8/24/2011 8:12:41 AM, inferno wrote:
I like Y!A but it goes overboard with removing questions and suspending people and I was wondering if this site is better or worst.

As a current user of Yahoo..........No, I do not think this place comes even close
to the extraordinary format that the great "Y" has to offer. It is much slower, not as mainstream, lacks the intensity, and charm of Yahoo Answers. They have a news page on that site and sometimes their comment thread can have over 10,000 people at one time. I have seen them reach this number in a matter of minutes.
They have better trolls, a wider range of topics, and it is extremely unpredictable.

Are you sure they're ladies??...lol
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:38:51 AM
At 8/24/2011 9:35:39 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Are you sure they're ladies??...lol

Most of them are. Most people are usually the gender they present themselves to be. Are we becoming a follower here ?
curious18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:39:56 AM

Totally.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 12:15:09 PM
Yahoo answers comes up fairly often in web searches. My experience is that they have way too much wrong information. Someone just dreams up an answer and it sticks around seemingly forever. Recently I saw an answer on prescription drug equivalence that was so wrong it could hurt people if they actually followed it.

Wikipedia is not always reliable, but it's better than Yahoo Answers.

Debate.org thrashes out the issues so it's much more likely that good stuff will come up.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 1:40:36 PM
At 8/24/2011 12:15:09 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Yahoo answers comes up fairly often in web searches. My experience is that they have way too much wrong information. Someone just dreams up an answer and it sticks around seemingly forever. Recently I saw an answer on prescription drug equivalence that was so wrong it could hurt people if they actually followed it.

Wikipedia is not always reliable, but it's better than Yahoo Answers.

Debate.org thrashes out the issues so it's much more likely that good stuff will come up.

this. Yahoo Answers is an interesting place but with a conglomerate of misinformed people who don't really know all that much about the subjects being asked. Its the internet equivalent to the tabloids. If you are looking for a place to discuss answers, go to forum specified for that topic. thats where you will find the real meat of it.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 1:57:57 PM
At 8/24/2011 1:56:49 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I think the best way to find answers is to go to wikipedia references and look at the original sources.

Hey, don't spoil my sourcing method.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:10:49 PM
I think DDO has more integrity as the people howere tend to be more intellectual and are encouraged to cite valid sources. Yahoo answers you can say whatever you want without credibility. Also, it is true they like to censor you. I have had questions removed for stupid reasons people were offended and rather than say how wrong I was they would rather report me., valid questions while troll questions are allowed to stay up.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 6:03:22 PM
A site for people who don't know how to use google better than ddo? Fo'sho?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 6:50:57 PM

Why are you here then? This is a serious, genuine question.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!