Jump to topic:

Who is hated more

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:44:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I been seeing a of bashing on Izbo20 and Inferno which one is worse or hated more or hated more by you and why
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:51:44 PM
At 8/27/2011 9:46:26 PM, Wnope wrote:
You for making this thread.

Oh come on, was that necessary? At least this one cares whether or not his behavior is annoying to others. It irritates me how you guys direct so much anger and intolerance for this one that's rather harmless, but sit there and converse with and feed the two trolls that behave like @$$holes and don't even care.

To answer the thread: Inferno is worse. Izbo argues but still acts like a douche, Inferno just acts like a douche....period.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:00:08 PM
The way I look at it, it's a matter of entertainment/amusement vs. douchebaggery.

Inferno is more amusing than annoying, in my opinion. But Izbo10 is more of a douchebag than he is amusing.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:02:19 PM
inferno's god thing is annoying. it's koopin no?
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:07:03 PM
I think izbo10 is more funny than inferno.
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:12:09 PM
At 8/27/2011 10:07:03 PM, kohai wrote:

ditto. Its also funny when we hijack Izbo's threads.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:25:19 PM
At 8/27/2011 9:51:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/27/2011 9:46:26 PM, Wnope wrote:
You for making this thread.

Oh come on, was that necessary? At least this one cares whether or not his behavior is annoying to others. It irritates me how you guys direct so much anger and intolerance for this one that's rather harmless, but sit there and converse with and feed the two trolls that behave like @$$holes and don't even care.

To answer the thread: Inferno is worse. Izbo argues but still acts like a douche, Inferno just acts like a douche....period.

It's never struck you as odd that Calvin's posts, especially his first ones, tend to engage and stir up talk about inferno and izbo?
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:39:47 PM
At 8/27/2011 10:12:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/27/2011 10:07:03 PM, kohai wrote:

ditto. Its also funny when we hijack Izbo's threads.

+1 ditto.

Izbo thinks heis logical but he makes himself look bad. He almost embaresses me to be an atheists!
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:56:11 PM
At 8/27/2011 10:21:49 PM, Rusty wrote:
We've gotten to the point where we're making threads about which members we hate the most and why? Grow up.

that's fair enough, but with regards to my post, the god thing is really annoying.. why even bother with posts like his.. haha i believe in god and you don't and logic's got nothing to do with it posts? that's not just conversation or anything.. he's just claiming to be better to us and refusing to engage in any argument as to whether that's true or not.. how else reply to him?

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 11:00:36 PM
At 8/27/2011 10:56:11 PM, el-badgero wrote:
At 8/27/2011 10:21:49 PM, Rusty wrote:
We've gotten to the point where we're making threads about which members we hate the most and why? Grow up.

that's fair enough, but with regards to my post, the god thing is really annoying.. why even bother with posts like his.. haha i believe in god and you don't and logic's got nothing to do with it posts? that's not just conversation or anything.. he's just claiming to be better to us and refusing to engage in any argument as to whether that's true or not.. how else reply to him?

and i know this wasn't a direct reply to him, but his posts generally include me without being specifically aimed at me :P

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 11:41:50 PM
I personally don't have a problem with either of them.

That said, I find inferno to be more entertaining.

Izbo's insults can be funny sometimes.

What is even more entertaining though, is how seriously members seem to take them. Even after labeling them as trolls, they continue to be trolled by them.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 12:24:42 AM
At 8/27/2011 10:00:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
The way I look at it, it's a matter of entertainment/amusement vs. douchebaggery.

Inferno is more amusing than annoying, in my opinion. But Izbo10 is more of a douchebag than he is amusing.

Agreed.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 12:47:14 AM
Inferno is funny at times and can start legitimate discussions, so he's alright. Izbo on the other hand personally assaults other members several times. I don't know how he hasn't been banned for hate content yet.

Also, somehow there are members on this site who continually try to respond to him seriously, lie Medic, Tarzan, and Kleptin, though there are more. I have no idea why these people try to have a logical discussion with him, but hopefully they will realize how pointless it is soon and stop feeding the troll.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 12:58:58 AM
I would really prefer if we just formed a resolve to hijack every thread the trolls make. That's more fun than entertaining the nonsense they regurgitate in these threads.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:18:21 AM
At 8/28/2011 12:24:42 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 8/27/2011 10:00:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Agreed.

I personally don't see why members consider Inferno to be bad. Izbo10 is just plain arrogant and fixated on making threads attacking religious doctrines, while Inferno has been creating threads about other topics (sports, personal info, and so on) and at least has contributed something to this site. Izbo10 on the other hand, while funny, hasn't.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:29:26 AM
At 8/28/2011 12:58:58 AM, 000ike wrote:
I would really prefer if we just formed a resolve to hijack every thread the trolls make. That's more fun than entertaining the nonsense they regurgitate in these threads.

I agree, and its fun too. Unfortunately, Medic and Kleptin got in the way the last time we tried it out. I think I'm going to start PMing people privately who respond to Izbo seriously.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:32:54 AM
Inferno's fun, and he gets people talking. I haven't actually talked to izbo10, but he provides some great threads to talk about movies, candy, and food in and we could always use more of those. Now, if only people didn't post serious things in them...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:35:31 AM
At 8/28/2011 1:32:54 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Inferno's fun, and he gets people talking. I haven't actually talked to izbo10, but he provides some great threads to talk about movies, candy, and food in and we could always use more of those. Now, if only people didn't post serious things in them...

Oh you mean by hijacking his threads...Hehehe....
Izbo10's threads are an excellent opportunity for people to go and talk about 'movies, candy, and food' and other subjects. All the while, he feels helpless as he knows we are diverting the course of the thread into a more productive future.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:35:52 AM
At 8/28/2011 12:47:14 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Inferno is funny at times and can start legitimate discussions, so he's alright. Izbo on the other hand personally assaults other members several times. I don't know how he hasn't been banned for hate content yet.

Agreed. A cursory survey of Inferno's discussions shows that there can be several rational discussions in the threads as well. Izbo10 just rants and shows his arrogance, whereas Inferno actually is funny--and probably lying--in his 'arguments' with members.

Also, somehow there are members on this site who continually try to respond to him seriously, lie Medic, Tarzan, and Kleptin, though there are more. I have no idea why these people try to have a logical discussion with him, but hopefully they will realize how pointless it is soon and stop feeding the troll.

Agreed. Roy has also posted on Izbo10's threads ("High school boarders"), along with Kleptin--who advised Izbo10 on terms of conduct. Tarzan has at least argued with him, though he has adopted a condescending tone to Izbo10 (referring to him as a student or pupil). Medic has also argued, along with Reformed, Contradiction, as well.

I remember that I've argued with him a few times, trying to refute his point. Cosmic tried to at least ask Izbo10 about the morality about child rape (and Izbo10 showed his immaturity by lambasting Cosmic as being 'retarded' and used 'common sense morality).

So, as Izbo10 has shown, he is impregnable to logic and reasoning.

quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:36:58 AM
I like inferno, his threads are meant to spark a good discussion and they usually do so I don't see why people don't like him.

I've never contacted Izbo or even bothered to read what he types, but he seems to be an arrogant jerk by acting like he's some sort of real intellectual and everyone who disagrees with him is his inferior.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:38:51 AM
"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In light of that quote, I feel like the trolls keep the forum just a bit more alive. We should keep them around, but not to consort and converse with, more to ignore or laugh at.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:39:09 AM
At 8/28/2011 1:36:58 AM, quarterexchange wrote:
I like inferno, his threads are meant to spark a good discussion and they usually do so I don't see why people don't like him.

I've never contacted Izbo or even bothered to read what he types, but he seems to be an arrogant jerk by acting like he's some sort of real intellectual and everyone who disagrees with him is his inferior.

Right you are. In fact, it's even worse. Anyone who disagrees with him or at least tries to question his views, become 'Christians' and are suddenly 'intellectually dishonest'. He uses common phrases like 'logic 101' for DDO members and goes on rants about how much he hates the board.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:40:02 AM
At 8/28/2011 1:39:09 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/28/2011 1:36:58 AM, quarterexchange wrote:

Right you are. In fact, it's even worse. Anyone who disagrees with him or at least tries to question his views, become 'Christians' and are suddenly 'intellectually dishonest'. He uses common phrases like 'logic 101' for DDO members and goes on rants about how much he hates the board.

Though that doesn't mean we have to ban him, we just need to direct his threads to a more fruitful course (i.e. hijacking it).

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:42:10 AM
At 8/27/2011 10:02:19 PM, el-badgero wrote:
inferno's god thing is annoying. it's koopin no?

I heard that Inferno admitted to being Interrogator, who was rumored to be Koopin. But than again, Inferno's admission and Koopin's debate are both circumstantial evidence...

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:44:12 AM
Even if a topic was created with the intent to troll, you can still have an intelligent and meaningful conversation. If you think the OP is just trolling, have the discussion, and ignore the troll. If the suspected troll is serious about having an intellectual discussion, maybe he will learn something from the discussion of those who are actually engaging in a civil and productive conversation.

If he is just trollin', you can still have a meaningful discussion over the straw manned topic.

You have to be intelligent about it. If the OP is misrepresenting a position, it can be corrected by the person who realizes that it is misrepresented. Once a position is corrected, a discussion can be made about the honest correction to the position.

Even a "troll" topic can be turned into an intellectually stimulating discussion if the people responding aren't bated into arguing like stupid fuckheads.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 1:50:16 AM
At 8/28/2011 1:44:12 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Even if a topic was created with the intent to troll, you can still have an intelligent and meaningful conversation. If you think the OP is just trolling, have the discussion, and ignore the troll. If the suspected troll is serious about having an intellectual discussion, maybe he will learn something from the discussion of those who are actually engaging in a civil and productive conversation.

If he is just trollin', you can still have a meaningful discussion over the straw manned topic.

You have to be intelligent about it. If the OP is misrepresenting a position, it can be corrected by the person who realizes that it is misrepresented. Once a position is corrected, a discussion can be made about the honest correction to the position.

Even a "troll" topic can be turned into an intellectually stimulating discussion if the people responding aren't bated into arguing like stupid fuckheads.

......you clearly don't know what a troll is. "a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion" (http://en.wikipedia.org...(Internet)) Whereas, the troll is not interested in an intellectual conversation, and the fool who attempts such would be drawn into a frustrating rigmarole of speech and senseless insult. Your premise is inherently flawed, as a troll is more interested in getting you to expend time and energy paying attention to him. A wise person would either ignore the troll or at the very least not engage in intellectual discussion.....as it will inevitably turn awry.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 2:01:42 AM
At 8/28/2011 1:50:16 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/28/2011 1:44:12 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

......you clearly don't know what a troll is. "a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion" (http://en.wikipedia.org...(Internet)) Whereas, the troll is not interested in an intellectual conversation, and the fool who attempts such would be drawn into a frustrating rigmarole of speech and senseless insult. Your premise is inherently flawed, as a troll is more interested in getting you to expend time and energy paying attention to him. A wise person would either ignore the troll or at the very least not engage in intellectual discussion.....as it will inevitably turn awry.

I know what a troll is. I'm saying that an intellectual conversation can still be made by ignoring the troll.

Sometimes a troll brings up something worth discussing. The fact of the matter is, honest people hold positions that a troll might be advocating in the OP.

So while the troll might not honestly hold the position that is posted in the OP, some people do, and the people who honestly believe the OP's position might be influenced positively by a discussion from those who are not merely tolling.

I know what a troll is, and this is why I say directly engaging in them is a waste of time... however, you can still have a discussion about a topic that a troll has made while ignoring the troll.