Jump to topic:

What's with the surge in necromancy?

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 12:27:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The comment section on a year old and a three year old debate of mine has been revived, a few dozen threads are getting revived in several forums, all in the past day or two. I don't get it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 1:53:13 PM
In case if you didn't notice, I did comment on some of the older debates after and during the process of reading the entire debate to vote on them.

I hope that isn't considered trolling...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 2:05:44 PM
It ain't trolling, just weird.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 2:07:21 PM
At 8/29/2011 2:05:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It ain't trolling, just weird.

It probably is...just reading up old, random debates by top members might be a bit unsettling.

Has anyone else done so?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 2:25:45 PM
I don't think its so much weird as it is pointless
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 2:51:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with it, just strange. :)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 2:57:34 PM
At 8/29/2011 2:51:29 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
There's nothing wrong with it, just strange. :)

"Strange" is fairly common on DDO, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:51:53 PM
At 8/29/2011 12:27:59 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The comment section on a year old and a three year old debate of mine has been revived, a few dozen threads are getting revived in several forums, all in the past day or two. I don't get it.

I am going to wait for a year and revive this thread, and you are gonna be like all 'oh my God man what's going on, everything I've been taught is a lie'. Yea man... it will be so totally awesome.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:53:33 PM
At 8/30/2011 1:51:53 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I am going to wait for a year and revive this thread, and you are gonna be like all 'oh my God man what's going on, everything I've been taught is a lie'. Yea man... it will be so totally awesome.

lol, I was just thinking that (more of looking for an old "why do people keep reviving old threads" thread to bring back up).
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:35:30 PM

Chances are I won't have much internet access in a year's time.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:08:49 PM
Its because people are reading through your debates and see something they would like to comment on. Happens all the time. You should be honored that somebody took the time too look through your stuff.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:44:18 PM
At 8/30/2011 11:08:49 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Its because people are reading through your debates and see something they would like to comment on. Happens all the time. You should be honored that somebody took the time too look through your stuff.

True, but I don't like debate outcomes being changed by a vote made a year after the debate.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 1:00:55 AM
At 8/30/2011 11:44:18 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

True, but I don't like debate outcomes being changed by a vote made a year after the debate.

That is why I prefer voting time limits as long as the limit is sufficiently long that the debate can get more than 1 vote.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 1:50:56 PM
At 8/30/2011 10:35:30 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Chances are I won't have much internet access in a year's time.

Why is that?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 2:00:43 PM
Its because people are reading through your debates and see something they would like to comment on. Happens all the time. You should be honored that somebody took the time to look through your stuff.

That's what the police say too, lol.