Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Kazakhstan

randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:05:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What's with all the new members from Kazakhstan. I know DDO is a global community but it seems odd to me to have this many from a developing nation. Anyone else notice that?
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:05:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:05:05 PM, randolph7 wrote:
What's with all the new members from Kazakhstan. I know DDO is a global community but it seems odd to me to have this many from a developing nation. Anyone else notice that?

Yes and it is already being handled.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:10:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:05:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:05:05 PM, randolph7 wrote:
What's with all the new members from Kazakhstan. I know DDO is a global community but it seems odd to me to have this many from a developing nation. Anyone else notice that?

Yes and it is already being handled.

I don't really see the implications of this situation...Are you insinuating that some of them are multi-accounters, or something else?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:16:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:10:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:05:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:05:05 PM, randolph7 wrote:
What's with all the new members from Kazakhstan. I know DDO is a global community but it seems odd to me to have this many from a developing nation. Anyone else notice that?

Yes and it is already being handled.

I don't really see the implications of this situation...Are you insinuating that some of them are multi-accounters, or something else?

Yes, it has been 100% confirmed that they are spam of some kind. Whether multis with negative intents or just plain spam, not sure.

They all share the exact same IP. There was some thought that it might be a school thing, since they are all listed as school age and from the same town. However, all attempts to reach out and contact them has fallen on deaf ears, even though Juggle has been very upfront about their concerns that they are multi accounts.

The nail that did in the coffin that they are infact spammers, was this...

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:17:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:16:38 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:10:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:05:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:05:05 PM, randolph7 wrote:
What's with all the new members from Kazakhstan. I know DDO is a global community but it seems odd to me to have this many from a developing nation. Anyone else notice that?

Yes and it is already being handled.

I don't really see the implications of this situation...Are you insinuating that some of them are multi-accounters, or something else?

Yes, it has been 100% confirmed that they are spam of some kind. Whether multis with negative intents or just plain spam, not sure.

They all share the exact same IP. There was some thought that it might be a school thing, since they are all listed as school age and from the same town. However, all attempts to reach out and contact them has fallen on deaf ears, even though Juggle has been very upfront about their concerns that they are multi accounts.

The nail that did in the coffin that they are infact spammers, was this...

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

I assume they will be banned due to multi-accounting, right?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:20:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:17:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:16:38 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:10:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:05:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:05:05 PM, randolph7 wrote:
What's with all the new members from Kazakhstan. I know DDO is a global community but it seems odd to me to have this many from a developing nation. Anyone else notice that?

Yes and it is already being handled.

I don't really see the implications of this situation...Are you insinuating that some of them are multi-accounters, or something else?

Yes, it has been 100% confirmed that they are spam of some kind. Whether multis with negative intents or just plain spam, not sure.

They all share the exact same IP. There was some thought that it might be a school thing, since they are all listed as school age and from the same town. However, all attempts to reach out and contact them has fallen on deaf ears, even though Juggle has been very upfront about their concerns that they are multi accounts.

The nail that did in the coffin that they are infact spammers, was this...

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

I assume they will be banned due to multi-accounting, right?

They should be, but I'm not sure what the hold up is. I believe that Juggle is going to do an IP ban, rather than just a normal ban. But I honestly don't know the reason that this wasn't done last night when we first figured it out (we'd been watching them for awhile, but found those two debates just recently).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:30:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:27:37 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Surprised they/he hasn't made any Borat references.

Never watched Borat.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:49:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I guess that means my debate with Klarissa will get forfeited :( I was really hoping to dispel the notion that advertising was information violence. It's such a misperception.

http://www.debate.org...
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:51:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:49:10 PM, randolph7 wrote:
I guess that means my debate with Klarissa will get forfeited :( I was really hoping to dispel the notion that advertising was information violence. It's such a misperception.

http://www.debate.org...

I'd say that there is a good chance. But I see that you're friends with her. If you can PM her and she actually respond, we might be able to do something. Though it is likely too late. I think there is too much against Kazakhstan and their fate is sealed (as far as DDO is concerned).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:36:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I scanned the debates. They seem legitimate. If it is from a school then the single IP address may be due to the school using a NAT server or some other type of proxie, which is pretty typical. I guess I'm missing something. Are they trying to sell something.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:50:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 2:36:07 PM, vbaculum wrote:
I scanned the debates. They seem legitimate. If it is from a school then the single IP address may be due to the school using a NAT server or some other type of proxie, which is pretty typical. I guess I'm missing something. Are they trying to sell something.

I think you missed the two debates that I posted earlier. Two members, debated each other twice on the same topic, and posted the exact same arguments in every round (meaning everything was CP'd).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:53:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 2:50:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:36:07 PM, vbaculum wrote:
I scanned the debates. They seem legitimate. If it is from a school then the single IP address may be due to the school using a NAT server or some other type of proxie, which is pretty typical. I guess I'm missing something. Are they trying to sell something.

I think you missed the two debates that I posted earlier. Two members, debated each other twice on the same topic, and posted the exact same arguments in every round (meaning everything was CP'd).

Perhaps they noticed that nobody was voting for them so they redid the debate.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:56:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 2:53:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:50:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:36:07 PM, vbaculum wrote:
I scanned the debates. They seem legitimate. If it is from a school then the single IP address may be due to the school using a NAT server or some other type of proxie, which is pretty typical. I guess I'm missing something. Are they trying to sell something.

I think you missed the two debates that I posted earlier. Two members, debated each other twice on the same topic, and posted the exact same arguments in every round (meaning everything was CP'd).

Perhaps they noticed that nobody was voting for them so they redid the debate.

Or maybe they're trying to get around the 3 debate rule by posting BS.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:59:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 2:53:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:50:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:36:07 PM, vbaculum wrote:
I scanned the debates. They seem legitimate. If it is from a school then the single IP address may be due to the school using a NAT server or some other type of proxie, which is pretty typical. I guess I'm missing something. Are they trying to sell something.

I think you missed the two debates that I posted earlier. Two members, debated each other twice on the same topic, and posted the exact same arguments in every round (meaning everything was CP'd).

Perhaps they noticed that nobody was voting for them so they redid the debate.

The reason that no one voted is because no one saw any of the debates. If you look the debates form, are accepted, and finished within minutes of each other.

Also, since the debate numbers are 18098 and 18099, it is apparent that there was little, if any time between the debates.

There is also the case like this...

http://www.debate.org...

This member created a debate, it was accepted by CD-Host, and completely ignored, while that member went on to do (and finish a different debate with another Kasakhstan member).

This all compiles with the fact that they are not responding to any attempts at communicating from Juggle.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 3:01:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 2:56:59 PM, randolph7 wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:53:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:50:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:36:07 PM, vbaculum wrote:
I scanned the debates. They seem legitimate. If it is from a school then the single IP address may be due to the school using a NAT server or some other type of proxie, which is pretty typical. I guess I'm missing something. Are they trying to sell something.

I think you missed the two debates that I posted earlier. Two members, debated each other twice on the same topic, and posted the exact same arguments in every round (meaning everything was CP'd).

Perhaps they noticed that nobody was voting for them so they redid the debate.

Or maybe they're trying to get around the 3 debate rule by posting BS.

True. It really doesn't warrant a ban though. The 3 debate rule is a good rule though, since it means that those with experience in debating are allowed to vote. It also discourages multiaccounting, since a debater has to put effort into the site before actually voting. Too often a multiaccounter will just start off without any debating experience and just vote bias and for his/her friends.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 2:30:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/30/2011 1:51:17 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:49:10 PM, randolph7 wrote:
I guess that means my debate with Klarissa will get forfeited :( I was really hoping to dispel the notion that advertising was information violence. It's such a misperception.

http://www.debate.org...

I'd say that there is a good chance. But I see that you're friends with her. If you can PM her and she actually respond, we might be able to do something. Though it is likely too late. I think there is too much against Kazakhstan and their fate is sealed (as far as DDO is concerned).

She hasn't responded to me either so, yeah probably a spammer.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 4:44:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was just about to start a thread called "Almaty, Almaty Qalasy, Kazakhstan" when I saw this thread. I did vote on of their debates though and it seemed very poorly argued.

http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 4:52:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/31/2011 4:44:55 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I was just about to start a thread called "Almaty, Almaty Qalasy, Kazakhstan" when I saw this thread. I did vote on of their debates though and it seemed very poorly argued.

http://www.debate.org...

The only honest thing I can think of this being is that they are all from a school, and they are having a language barrier. Though I don't understand why they would all be debating in English with each other if that was the case.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 4:56:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/31/2011 4:52:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/31/2011 4:44:55 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I was just about to start a thread called "Almaty, Almaty Qalasy, Kazakhstan" when I saw this thread. I did vote on of their debates though and it seemed very poorly argued.

http://www.debate.org...

The only honest thing I can think of this being is that they are all from a school, and they are having a language barrier. Though I don't understand why they would all be debating in English with each other if that was the case.

Russian script doesn't work. Plus it could be for an english class.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...