Jump to topic:

Who wants to debate this?

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 2:38:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I want to debate the resolution: "America The Beautiful" should be the National Anthem ,...(as opposed to the star spangled banner). I would be pro.

I put this here because I don't want new members or Nono reincarnates accepting it, just as a precaution.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 2:39:51 PM
I don't have much of an opinion of this subject, though I'd like to know why you support "America the Beautiful" over the current anthem...A brief summary would suffice, ike.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 2:42:02 PM
At 9/11/2011 2:39:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I don't have much of an opinion of this subject, though I'd like to know why you support "America the Beautiful" over the current anthem...A brief summary would suffice, ike.

You'll see when someone accepts the debate, it will be 2 rounds. I have a lot of technical reasons but, my most important (which I wouldn't mention in the debate) is that I think its a beautiful tune whereas the star spangled banner is boring.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 2:42:58 PM
At 9/11/2011 2:42:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2011 2:39:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

You'll see when someone accepts the debate, it will be 2 rounds. I have a lot of technical reasons but, my most important (which I wouldn't mention in the debate) is that I think its a beautiful tune whereas the star spangled banner is boring.

That is very subjective...though you might succeed in proving the "technical reasons"...to why "America the Beautiful" is superior.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau