Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Most unknown features of DDO

Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:27:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are the most unknown features of DDO? List a few.

Mine is the ability to search the website with the little google button when you post in a forum or debate. Its a ton better than the search bar.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:29:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:27:41 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What are the most unknown features of DDO? List a few.

Mine is the ability to search the website with the little google button when you post in a forum or debate. Its a ton better than the search bar.

Where is the google buttom?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:32:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You can change your status from ONLINE to BUSY or AWAY. Never knew that.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:33:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:29:52 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/12/2011 12:27:41 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What are the most unknown features of DDO? List a few.

Mine is the ability to search the website with the little google button when you post in a forum or debate. Its a ton better than the search bar.

Where is the google buttom?

1. Reply to this post.
2. Shift your eyes to the left border of the text box you reply in.
3. Google button.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:34:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:32:47 AM, 000ike wrote:
You can change your status from ONLINE to BUSY or AWAY. Never knew that.

But no one uses that, and why would they?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:34:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:32:47 AM, 000ike wrote:
You can change your status from ONLINE to BUSY or AWAY. Never knew that.

You can change it to OFFLINE too if you want.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:37:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:33:59 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/12/2011 12:29:52 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/12/2011 12:27:41 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What are the most unknown features of DDO? List a few.

Mine is the ability to search the website with the little google button when you post in a forum or debate. Its a ton better than the search bar.

Where is the google buttom?

1. Reply to this post.
2. Shift your eyes to the left border of the text box you reply in.
3. Google button.

Awesome! It does work better than the search bar.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:37:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:34:37 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/12/2011 12:32:47 AM, 000ike wrote:
You can change your status from ONLINE to BUSY or AWAY. Never knew that.

You can change it to OFFLINE too if you want.

i'm guessing you can..
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 12:37:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:34:37 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/12/2011 12:32:47 AM, 000ike wrote:
You can change your status from ONLINE to BUSY or AWAY. Never knew that.

You can change it to OFFLINE too if you want.

i'm guessing you can...
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:02:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 12:42:53 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
apparently you can tag photos, though I am unsure how to use this feature, or if it even exists.

Wouldn't that make it more of a social cite? (Facebook)
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:53:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
When setting up "The BIG Issues" on your profile, there is a place to comment on what you think the issue is, or give other nuances. The comment appears when someone does a mouse over on the Pro/Con for the issue. The comments are helpful when you are looking for an issue to debate with the member.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 9:30:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 1:02:59 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 9/12/2011 12:42:53 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
apparently you can tag photos, though I am unsure how to use this feature, or if it even exists.

Wouldn't that make it more of a social site? (Facebook)

Fixd and yes it would.