Jump to topic:

New Site Update – Voting Enhancements 9/12/11

JuliaD
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:00:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Today we have released an update that includes a few new features that have been requested by DDO members. The update included the following features:

- Vote Counter – Displays within a member's profile and displays a count of the number of times that member has voted on a debate.

- Vote History – The Vote Counter will be a clickable link in which you can see a list of the debates in which that member has cast a vote.

- Voting Added to Activity Feed – You will now see voting activity represented in the Activity Feed.

- Forum Post Counter – Displays along with the Vote Counter on a member's profile to showcase the member's forum post activity.

- New Member Auto-Greet PM – An automated PM that welcomes new members and provides them with helpful links on how to start participating on the site.

If you uncover any issues with this specific release please feel free to let us know in this thread.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:15:36 PM
Good stuff!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:18:19 PM
Very cool, i just tried it out on a few members and it works well.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:31:35 PM
At 9/12/2011 1:19:28 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Wow, I did not know that I had voted that much, lol.

Only 311 votes in a year? I got 87 in a month, beat that lol. In a year, I will have voted 1044 times.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:33:18 PM
At 9/12/2011 1:31:35 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Only 311 votes in a year? I got 87 in a month, beat that lol. In a year, I will have voted 1044 times.

and will have taken part in 152 debates.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:35:54 PM
At 9/12/2011 1:33:18 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/12/2011 1:31:35 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

and will have taken part in 152 debates.

It is rare for people to maintain the high pace for an extended period of time. If you look at most of the leaderboard, you'll find that most only take a few debates a month now, when they use to take 5+ a week.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:28:47 PM
Nice, it is great the are putting our ideas into action.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 5:15:03 PM
Finally!
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 5:18:26 PM
Excellent addition to the site, I must say.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 5:26:08 PM
Finally, my complete lack of contribution to the site and it's debate system has been made even more apparent.

Thank you all, I'm glad to be here.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 5:27:32 PM
At 9/12/2011 5:26:08 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Finally, my complete lack of contribution to the site and it's debate system has been made even more apparent.

Thank you all, I'm glad to be here.

ha! you've got a hell of a lot more votes than I've got ;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 5:46:57 PM
Is there any way for it to not count votes for yourself? Back when members could vote on their own debates, a few members would votebomb themselves every round, but this system makes it look like they're just active voters. Its still a great addition, but this tweak would be great.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 5:52:23 PM
At 9/12/2011 1:00:03 PM, JuliaD wrote:
Today we have released an update that includes a few new features that have been requested by DDO members. The update included the following features:

- Vote Counter – Displays within a member's profile and displays a count of the number of times that member has voted on a debate.

- Vote History – The Vote Counter will be a clickable link in which you can see a list of the debates in which that member has cast a vote.

- Voting Added to Activity Feed – You will now see voting activity represented in the Activity Feed.

- Forum Post Counter – Displays along with the Vote Counter on a member's profile to showcase the member's forum post activity.

- New Member Auto-Greet PM – An automated PM that welcomes new members and provides them with helpful links on how to start participating on the site.

If you uncover any issues with this specific release please feel free to let us know in this thread.

"Displays within a member's profile and displays a count of the number of times that member has voted on a debate."

You can vote more than once on a debate? Well that explains my record.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 8:25:09 PM
Holy sh1t didn't read the part about being notified of other people voting on my debates. That's convenient.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 8:45:45 PM
At 9/12/2011 8:33:18 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The votes page only shows the instigator...?

Except sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps it only shows members who are still active? I don't know.

It would also be nice to see the actual vote next to the debate on the votes page, but I wouldn't expect to see that for a while.
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 10:14:53 PM
At 9/12/2011 9:36:48 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I think this is good addition to the site. It helps focus on debate.

I was surprised to see I'd voted on 1331 debates.

only?
i have only voted on 31 debates in 7 months.