Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Should space be publicly or privately funded?

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 11:58:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Space is a place, not an expenditure.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 12:08:31 AM
At 9/14/2011 11:36:20 PM, twsurber wrote:
Looking for feedback on the new PFD rezz. Thanks!

This is the new PF resolution? Wow, the NFL is even pulling PFers into this now >->.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 12:52:54 AM
At 9/15/2011 12:08:31 AM, BangBang-Coconut wrote:

This is the new PF resolution? Wow, the NFL is even pulling PFers into this now >->.

Public Forum is the poor man's Policy.

/flame
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 1:15:11 AM
At 9/15/2011 12:52:54 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 9/15/2011 12:08:31 AM, BangBang-Coconut wrote:

Public Forum is the poor man's Policy.

/flame

PF isn't anything like policy. PF is a debate style designed to train kids to debate in such a way as so that any person could understand and comprehend their arguments. It's a debate equally footed in logic, evidence, and teamwork, whereas rhetoric and grammar play huge roles in the debate.
Policy is a near solely evidence centered debate where the intent is to solve a problem, using a case plan where the issue is fully paid for and planned out. It trains kids on how to efficiently research, and argue a specific topic, and the various evidence that accompanies the resolution.

PF debaters have some eight different debate topics a year, Policy debaters only have one.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:01:36 AM
I know what Raisor meant, and I also agree with Coconut. Thanks for the topicality reminder Ragnar lol, I had a limited number of characters in the header.

Yes, I'm looking for some input from the peanut gallery, particularly to support the CON side, or "why space exploration should be publicly funded rather than privately".

We have a decent case, but it can always be made better, especially with the brilliant minds of DDO. Thanks so much! Surbs
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:06:07 AM
Ideally it should be privately funded, because if that were the case then there would be profit involved and stuff that generates profit succeeds.

As it is I think if we want to get serious abouit space exploration then the Government needs to continue coughing up, not that they really have a right to do so.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 7:51:14 PM
At 9/16/2011 10:01:36 AM, twsurber wrote:
I know what Raisor meant, and I also agree with Coconut. Thanks for the topicality reminder Ragnar lol, I had a limited number of characters in the header.

Yes, I'm looking for some input from the peanut gallery, particularly to support the CON side, or "why space exploration should be publicly funded rather than privately".

We have a decent case, but it can always be made better, especially with the brilliant minds of DDO. Thanks so much! Surbs

I say get with the kids on your squad who do policy and simply read their cases, and thumb through their Neg evidence. You'll be able to write up a good case really quickly that way.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 7:57:36 PM
At 9/16/2011 7:51:14 PM, BangBang-Coconut wrote:
At 9/16/2011 10:01:36 AM, twsurber wrote:

I say get with the kids on your squad who do policy and simply read their cases, and thumb through their Neg evidence. You'll be able to write up a good case really quickly that way.

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

(Im just giving you a hard time)