Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

If everyone could help out...

PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 5:27:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is my brother's Ron Paul contest video. If he wins, we get money. To win, he needs a lot of likes. Sooooo if anyone could just watch and like the video, that would be awesome. Or just watch it...but preferably like it. Even if you don't support Ron Paul, you should like it.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 5:37:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I gave it a 'like' even though the whole thing sickened me >_>
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 5:52:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 5:44:27 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'm sorry, but i'm against votebombing :).

LOL noice
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 6:03:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 5:59:52 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 9/19/2011 5:44:27 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'm sorry, but i'm against votebombing :).

I don't get it.

He's saying that it wouldn't be right to help your brother win just because you asked us to help him. The person with the best video deserves to win. However, he enveloped this message in a clever reference to the same problem frequently encountered here on DDO to give it a bit of irony, this is evidenced by use of the word "votebomb."

....I totally just killed the joke x)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 6:05:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 6:03:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/19/2011 5:59:52 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 9/19/2011 5:44:27 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'm sorry, but i'm against votebombing :).

I don't get it.

He's saying that it wouldn't be right to help your brother win just because you asked us to help him. The person with the best video deserves to win. However, he enveloped this message in a clever reference to the same problem frequently encountered here on DDO to give it a bit of irony, this is evidenced by use of the word "votebomb."

....I totally just killed the joke x)

AH haha that makes sense. Well then, to counter I must say that you wouldn't have voted on any of them anyway, so might as well help a fellow debater fill his wallet.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 6:08:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 5:27:43 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:


This is my brother's Ron Paul contest video. If he wins, we get money. To win, he needs a lot of likes. Sooooo if anyone could just watch and like the video, that would be awesome. Or just watch it...but preferably like it. Even if you don't support Ron Paul, you should like it.

What if we think it is an atrocious clip and that anyone with final cut pro and a modem could do better?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 6:09:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 6:08:12 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/19/2011 5:27:43 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:


This is my brother's Ron Paul contest video. If he wins, we get money. To win, he needs a lot of likes. Sooooo if anyone could just watch and like the video, that would be awesome. Or just watch it...but preferably like it. Even if you don't support Ron Paul, you should like it.

What if we think it is an atrocious clip and that anyone with final cut pro and a modem could do better?

That would make you an honest @$$hole, just like the video...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 6:22:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 6:08:12 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/19/2011 5:27:43 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:


This is my brother's Ron Paul contest video. If he wins, we get money. To win, he needs a lot of likes. Sooooo if anyone could just watch and like the video, that would be awesome. Or just watch it...but preferably like it. Even if you don't support Ron Paul, you should like it.

What if we think it is an atrocious clip and that anyone with final cut pro and a modem could do better?

Well thanks for sharing your opinion. But it doesn't change the fact that you should like it...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 8:07:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You getting money if you win means YOU should like it. It doesn't mean WE should like it unless we get a cut of that money.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 8:25:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You guys and your logic. Haha well it was supposed to be a helpful thing, hence the title. What you just said is pre-established, and therefore irrelevant. You won't get any money. There will be no difference in your lives if you do it. It's HELPFUL for me though. Just an act of kindness. If you would waste the time to comment on this forum post, why don't you, instead, waste the time to like the video?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 8:54:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 8:07:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You getting money if you win means YOU should like it. It doesn't mean WE should like it unless we get a cut of that money.

wow. I don't think some of them are capable of turning off debate mentality.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 8:59:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 8:54:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/19/2011 8:07:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You getting money if you win means YOU should like it. It doesn't mean WE should like it unless we get a cut of that money.

wow. I don't think some of them are capable of turning off debate mentality.

That's just lookin out for número uno. My time I'd worth too much to be liking videos left and right.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:05:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 8:54:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/19/2011 8:07:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You getting money if you win means YOU should like it. It doesn't mean WE should like it unless we get a cut of that money.

wow. I don't think some of them are capable of turning off debate mentality.

For real haha.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 10:03:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 9:05:18 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
There will be no difference in your lives if you do it. It's HELPFUL for me though.
It's not helpful to the other guy who could have won.

If you would waste the time to comment on this forum post
I enjoy pointing out logical problems in people's posts. :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 10:05:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 10:03:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/19/2011 9:05:18 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
There will be no difference in your lives if you do it. It's HELPFUL for me though.
It's not helpful to the other guy who could have won.

If you would waste the time to comment on this forum post
I enjoy pointing out logical problems in people's posts. :)

extend my previous comment down here to this one. It appears it still applies.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 10:12:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 10:05:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/19/2011 10:03:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/19/2011 9:05:18 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
There will be no difference in your lives if you do it. It's HELPFUL for me though.
It's not helpful to the other guy who could have won.

If you would waste the time to comment on this forum post
I enjoy pointing out logical problems in people's posts. :)

extend my previous comment down here to this one. It appears it still applies.

True. Some people are kinda slow. haha "logical problems" that's funny. Like there is a logical problem for requesting optional help. Could have ignored it, but he get's a woody when he sticks his idiotic two sense in. Whatev.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 11:12:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 10:12:36 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 9/19/2011 10:05:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/19/2011 10:03:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/19/2011 9:05:18 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
There will be no difference in your lives if you do it. It's HELPFUL for me though.
It's not helpful to the other guy who could have won.

If you would waste the time to comment on this forum post
I enjoy pointing out logical problems in people's posts. :)

extend my previous comment down here to this one. It appears it still applies.

True. Some people are kinda slow. haha "logical problems" that's funny. Like there is a logical problem for requesting optional help.
"Should" is not a request, it's a statement. A statement demanding evidence. The evidence presented in the post fails to logically lead to the conclusion.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 9:03:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 11:12:58 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/19/2011 10:12:36 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 9/19/2011 10:05:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/19/2011 10:03:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/19/2011 9:05:18 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
There will be no difference in your lives if you do it. It's HELPFUL for me though.
It's not helpful to the other guy who could have won.

If you would waste the time to comment on this forum post
I enjoy pointing out logical problems in people's posts. :)

extend my previous comment down here to this one. It appears it still applies.

True. Some people are kinda slow. haha "logical problems" that's funny. Like there is a logical problem for requesting optional help.
"Should" is not a request, it's a statement. A statement demanding evidence. The evidence presented in the post fails to logically lead to the conclusion.

If you would read the whole of what I said, it would extend the request part of this whole thing, and seeing that the title includes the word COULD, it kinda nullifies your absolutely perfect logic. So STFU. There is no merit to your words, you just look like an imbecile.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 11:50:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"If anyone could, that would be awesome" is also a statement.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Jon1
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 12:13:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hate to say it, but Ragnar has a good point and PR responded like a juvenile hence I won't like the video nor encourage others to.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 1:39:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That was crap, the background noise interfered and there was no presentation of any sort of argument. Just we need change. Worthless.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 1:41:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 11:50:06 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
"If anyone could, that would be awesome" is also a statement.

I don't see your point. Nor do I really care. It's sad you take such interest in things that matter so little. Such as the specific meanings of every word...obviously you have little social time.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 1:42:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anyone who uses any words should be concerned with what most of them mean.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 3:05:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Luckily I am aware of words and their meanings...it seems you are a little lost on them though. Too hard for you? It's not the most complex of wordings, but even the simplest of words presents itself as an enigma for you, doesn't it? I feel bad. Don't get lost looking for the "Home" button, buddy.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 1:02:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
That post had no content.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.