Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

DDO stats history

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 10:41:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey hey hey everyone. As most of you know, I have an unhealthy fetish for numbers, and I record the various stats for DDO on a daily basis to try to find trends and warning signs. Thanks to Juggle for providing me with some data to fill my holes, as well as some data that I didn't even have the ability to records, I now have some interesting charts (interesting to me anyway), and was wanting to share them with anyone else that might find them fasinating.

First, the thin blue line is the daily numbers, while the thick red line is the 7 day running average (that one is more important for trends). The upper left chart is daily new posts. The upper right is daily new debates. The lower left is daily new votes. The lower right is average new votes per new debate.

http://www.debate.org...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 10:52:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would assume the increase in activity during July and September was because it was the summer. But that doesn't explain why there was a decrease for August.

Btw, I'm crazy about statistics too (votes per post, votes per debate etc), and I found the graphs very interesting.

Overall voting is decreasing. I assume that because most members are heading back to school and college, they longer have time to read debates. It would be interesting to see how activity depends on age of the member and month of the year.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 10:56:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 10:52:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I would assume the increase in activity during July and September was because it was the summer. But that doesn't explain why there was a decrease for August.

Btw, I'm crazy about statistics too (votes per post, votes per debate etc), and I found the graphs very interesting.

Overall voting is decreasing. I assume that because most members are heading back to school and college, they longer have time to read debates. It would be interesting to see how activity depends on age of the member and month of the year.

It's actually nice to see that the very day that the vote tab opened, that voting increased, and 1 week after the vote tab openned, voting was up about 80% (from an average of 25 votes per day to about 45 votes per day).

I'm going to see if Juggle can provide me with data going back even farther, like into the Cody and Lexi administrations, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 11:45:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's also funny how even more people are making it a point to votebomb all the forfeited debates. Increases the number of votes you have, no effort required, no controversy or risk of pissing anyone off.

I don't blame them though. I do vote on forfeited debates but I also vote on legit debates a lot.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 3:10:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It is certainly interesting to see how voting shot up as soon as the new changes went into effect. I always wondered... is there a pattern as far as the busiest times during the day, or week?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 10:11:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 3:10:35 AM, Double_R wrote:
It is certainly interesting to see how voting shot up as soon as the new changes went into effect. I always wondered... is there a pattern as far as the busiest times during the day, or week?

Sadly, I don't have numbers for what times of the day are the most busy. And I just received the last 1 year's worth of data from Juggle, so I'll be spending some time getting that plugged in and provide more screen shots of that. The post count is already done. It is interesting to see our very own "boom - bust" cycles and degrees of forum volatility.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 11:12:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 10:56:43 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/21/2011 10:52:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I would assume the increase in activity during July and September was because it was the summer. But that doesn't explain why there was a decrease for August.

Btw, I'm crazy about statistics too (votes per post, votes per debate etc), and I found the graphs very interesting.

Overall voting is decreasing. I assume that because most members are heading back to school and college, they longer have time to read debates. It would be interesting to see how activity depends on age of the member and month of the year.

It's actually nice to see that the very day that the vote tab opened, that voting increased, and 1 week after the vote tab openned, voting was up about 80% (from an average of 25 votes per day to about 45 votes per day).

I'm going to see if Juggle can provide me with data going back even farther, like into the Cody and Lexi administrations, lol.

What are the Cody and Lexi administrations?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 11:18:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Every 6 months, we have the DDO Presidential elections. Innomen is the current president, being voted in on June 13th and taking office on June 15th. The next election will be December 12th (or around that time, I still have to look at the calendar to schedule it). Cody_Franklin was the DDO president before Innomen, and Lexiaholic was president before Cody.

http://www.debate.org...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 11:59:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 11:18:07 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Every 6 months, we have the DDO Presidential elections. Innomen is the current president, being voted in on June 13th and taking office on June 15th. The next election will be December 12th (or around that time, I still have to look at the calendar to schedule it). Cody_Franklin was the DDO president before Innomen, and Lexiaholic was president before Cody.

http://www.debate.org...

This is interesting. I'm thinking I may "run" for President of DDO.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 12:09:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 11:59:33 AM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/22/2011 11:18:07 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Every 6 months, we have the DDO Presidential elections. Innomen is the current president, being voted in on June 13th and taking office on June 15th. The next election will be December 12th (or around that time, I still have to look at the calendar to schedule it). Cody_Franklin was the DDO president before Innomen, and Lexiaholic was president before Cody.

http://www.debate.org...

This is interesting. I'm thinking I may "run" for President of DDO.

You'll have to start your own party though since I'm assuming the Party Party or Freedom Party won't take you. But who knows, maybe next election we'll have a Nazi Party.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 12:12:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 11:59:33 AM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/22/2011 11:18:07 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Every 6 months, we have the DDO Presidential elections. Innomen is the current president, being voted in on June 13th and taking office on June 15th. The next election will be December 12th (or around that time, I still have to look at the calendar to schedule it). Cody_Franklin was the DDO president before Innomen, and Lexiaholic was president before Cody.

http://www.debate.org...

This is interesting. I'm thinking I may "run" for President of DDO.

Good luck with that. You'll need to make a party, have a VP candidate, and have enough support to justify being included in interviews and debates. I'm not doing anything for pure novelty effect.

This also reminds me, I still have to do Innomen's midterm interview.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:01:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 11:59:33 AM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/22/2011 11:18:07 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Every 6 months, we have the DDO Presidential elections. Innomen is the current president, being voted in on June 13th and taking office on June 15th. The next election will be December 12th (or around that time, I still have to look at the calendar to schedule it). Cody_Franklin was the DDO president before Innomen, and Lexiaholic was president before Cody.

http://www.debate.org...

This is interesting. I'm thinking I may "run" for President of DDO.

That's hilarious, since you're a terrible person and everyone rightfully hates you.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 7:13:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I may run, even though there are many many more suited people than I...

Well sh!t. I just refuted my own desire to run.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 7:25:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/23/2011 7:20:06 PM, Grape wrote:
Oh my God, I wonder what's going to happen in October!

Well, according to the predictions made by excel, the site is going to be closed down Oct 1st, so there will be no posts, no debates, and no votes.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 7:28:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/23/2011 7:25:47 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/23/2011 7:20:06 PM, Grape wrote:
Oh my God, I wonder what's going to happen in October!

Well, according to the predictions made by excel, the site is going to be closed down Oct 1st, so there will be no posts, no debates, and no votes.

Wait...you mean, LITERALLY shut down?

Oh no. I'mma go into withdrawal.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 7:37:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/23/2011 7:28:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/23/2011 7:25:47 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/23/2011 7:20:06 PM, Grape wrote:
Oh my God, I wonder what's going to happen in October!

Well, according to the predictions made by excel, the site is going to be closed down Oct 1st, so there will be no posts, no debates, and no votes.

Wait...you mean, LITERALLY shut down?

Oh no. I'mma go into withdrawal.

No, not really. Excel is wierd. When you don't have data points, rather than ending the graph hanging, it assumes all future data points are zero.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 7:43:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/23/2011 7:37:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/23/2011 7:28:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/23/2011 7:25:47 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/23/2011 7:20:06 PM, Grape wrote:
Oh my God, I wonder what's going to happen in October!

Well, according to the predictions made by excel, the site is going to be closed down Oct 1st, so there will be no posts, no debates, and no votes.

Wait...you mean, LITERALLY shut down?

Oh no. I'mma go into withdrawal.

No, not really. Excel is wierd. When you don't have data points, rather than ending the graph hanging, it assumes all future data points are zero.

Oh. lol. That's what I assumed at first (about the excel thing), but still.....

Okay. If you need me, I'll be snorting some more DDO.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus