Jump to topic:

Not enough time to debate

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 1:03:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not one of those people who can write debates super fast, and I have a ton of school, plus quite allot of soccer atm, plus my job. I propose the option that a 4day debate round time limit should be installed. I don't have much time to debate with a three day limit unless I stay up later than I do (which is already fairly late) or sacrifice my free time (which isn't that much and I'm not all that crazy about debating so that's not going to happen). I'm sure it's the same way for allot of other people as well.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 1:13:14 PM
At 9/21/2011 1:03:44 PM, phantom wrote:
I'm not one of those people who can write debates super fast, and I have a ton of school, plus quite allot of soccer atm, plus my job. I propose the option that a 4day debate round time limit should be installed. I don't have much time to debate with a three day limit unless I stay up later than I do (which is already fairly late) or sacrifice my free time (which isn't that much and I'm not all that crazy about debating so that's not going to happen). I'm sure it's the same way for allot of other people as well.

Seconded!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 1:18:15 PM
I think 3 days are good enough. A four day debate will go on for way too long. But I think you have a point. Nearly every debate has a 3 day limit so it is obvious that people want as much time as possible.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 6:14:12 AM
Guess it can't hurt to have a 4 day option. But the question is, if you can't or won't get to a round within 3 days, are you really going to get to it if you have 4 ?

What I am thinking is that the vast majority of the time if some one has not posted in 3 days time, then adding a fourth won't make a difference and just makes the debate unnecessarily longer.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 6:51:45 AM
At 9/22/2011 6:14:12 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Guess it can't hurt to have a 4 day option. But the question is, if you can't or won't get to a round within 3 days, are you really going to get to it if you have 4 ?

What I am thinking is that the vast majority of the time if some one has not posted in 3 days time, then adding a fourth won't make a difference and just makes the debate unnecessarily longer.

I can finish a round within 3 days, I'm just pretty busy so I would prefer to have more time.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)