Jump to topic:

Amendment to Forfeiture

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 2:18:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I propose that the DDO administrators install an option allowing us to extend the reply time of a forfeited round.

If the contender forfeits the round due to time constraints, the instigator should be allowed to replenish the time by his own discretion.

If the Instigator forfeits a round, the contender should be allowed the option of renewing his time limit again.

This way, forfeited rounds due to some problems do not turn into automatic defeats or victories, and debates don't go to waste due to time constraints. This also acts as a compromise, since some people would like the response time enabled past 3 days.

All in favor?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 3:24:24 PM
At 9/21/2011 3:05:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Though, I think indefinite round times should be an option before starting the debate.

Do you know how often that would be abused? Someone thinks that they are going to lose a debate, they can just never finish their last round, so it never gets to be voted on.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 3:32:17 PM
At 9/21/2011 3:24:24 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Though, I think indefinite round times should be an option before starting the debate.

Do you know how often that would be abused? Someone thinks that they are going to lose a debate, they can just never finish their last round, so it never gets to be voted on.

True, I think it should be limited with the opponent having the discretion to grant time extensions.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 3:37:39 PM
At 9/21/2011 3:32:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/21/2011 3:24:24 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

True, I think it should be limited with the opponent having the discretion to grant time extensions.

Yes, thats what I was trying to say. People would only be given the ability to return 1-3 day returns of time. I'm against anything over 3-day timing in both the instigated debate, and this optional time extension proposal.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 3:52:06 PM
I could see that, like a message saying "Your opponent has used up their allotted time. Would you like to give them an extension of X hours?"
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 6:09:43 PM
Good idea, I agree
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DHDebate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 12:43:38 AM

I agree with this to an extend, but at the same time I see plenty of potential problems.