Jump to topic:

Why people why?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:43:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I understand that some members are driven by a need to be better than others, to the point where they'll game the system to make it appear that way. DDO is a competitive site, and so we will always see this happen.

It is sad, but true, that some people are driven so far to create multiple accounts and vote for themselves to give them undeserved wins. But what is far more sad, is when someone that has been a member of DDO for such a long time does something like this. I understand the desire to keep DDO focused on debate, and not turn it into a social networking site, however, I like to believe (maybe foolishly) that a certian level of social connection between members will create bonds strong enough to overpower the urge to cheat to win.

One member, opperating two different accounts for months, has decided that the community ties that he has with the members here are less important than his own win record.

Using the account Darkhearth [1], Wierdman has cast 13 of the 29 votes for himself, 6 of which have swung the debate to wierdman's favor, giving him unearned wins. Eric from Juggle has already confirmed that the two share an IP address.

Believing that those who do wrong are merely good people that temporarily lost sight and strayed, I told wierdman, via PM, to close his darkhearth account, so that he wouldn't need to be publically outted. He blew off the PM and voted again on a more recent debate, giving him another unearned win.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:44:16 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:43:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I understand that some members are driven by a need to be better than others, to the point where they'll game the system to make it appear that way. DDO is a competitive site, and so we will always see this happen.

It is sad, but true, that some people are driven so far to create multiple accounts and vote for themselves to give them undeserved wins. But what is far more sad, is when someone that has been a member of DDO for such a long time does something like this. I understand the desire to keep DDO focused on debate, and not turn it into a social networking site, however, I like to believe (maybe foolishly) that a certian level of social connection between members will create bonds strong enough to overpower the urge to cheat to win.

One member, opperating two different accounts for months, has decided that the community ties that he has with the members here are less important than his own win record.

Using the account Darkhearth [1], Wierdman has cast 13 of the 29 votes for himself, 6 of which have swung the debate to wierdman's favor, giving him unearned wins. Eric from Juggle has already confirmed that the two share an IP address.

Believing that those who do wrong are merely good people that temporarily lost sight and strayed, I told wierdman, via PM, to close his darkhearth account, so that he wouldn't need to be publically outted. He blew off the PM and voted again on a more recent debate, giving him another unearned win.

Ore_Ele, can you re-open closed debates and delete darkhearth's votes?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:45:51 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:44:16 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Ore_Ele, can you re-open closed debates and delete darkhearth's votes?

?? No.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:45:54 PM
I find this whole ordeal hilarious. Though, there is a slim chance that wierdman is telling the truth. Perhaps we need an IP check?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:46:12 PM

This is bogus, how i thought it was a rally to get rid of an account, how was iu to know that you were accusing me of having Multi-accounts.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:46:42 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:45:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
I find this whole ordeal hilarious. Though, there is a slim chance that wierdman is telling the truth. Perhaps we need an IP check?

They already did one at Juggle.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:47:26 PM

It has already been done by Eric.
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:48:19 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:46:42 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I find this whole thing stupid! I don't need multi-accounts to justify my abilities.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:48:52 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:46:12 PM, wierdman wrote:

This is bogus, how i thought it was a rally to get rid of an account, how was iu to know that you were accusing me of having Multi-accounts.

dude,..you voted for yourself. If you were smart, you would salvage any last shred of trust and respect DDO can possibly give to you, and confess.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:49:11 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:48:19 PM, wierdman wrote:

I find this whole thing stupid! I don't need multi-accounts to justify my abilities.

Then how come 6 of your debates you only won due to your multi account?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:49:40 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:48:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:46:12 PM, wierdman wrote:

dude,..you voted for yourself. If you were smart, you would salvage any last shred of trust and respect DDO can possibly give to you, and confess.

Indeed: they MAY show mercy on you yet.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:50:34 PM
From Eric's e-mail.

"It looks like darkhearth and wierdman are all logging in
with the same IP and similar profile info. It's fair to assume they
are the same person."
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:50:34 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:49:11 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:48:19 PM, wierdman wrote:

Then how come 6 of your debates you only won due to your multi account?

Again, i don't have multi-accounts. If i won the debate, then good for me. I am not the only person dark heart has voted for.
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:52:47 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:50:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
From Eric's e-mail.

are the same person."

how is this even possible, i log in everyday at exactly 11:00 via school computer and i log off at exactly 12:00 via school computer. The only other time i log in is if i am at home doing noting (which is rare)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:53:59 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:52:47 PM, wierdman wrote:
From Eric's e-mail.

are the same person."

how is this even possible, i log in everyday at exactly 11:00 via school computer and i log off at exactly 12:00 via school computer. The only other time i log in is if i am at home doing noting (which is rare)

The jig is up, sonny.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:54:52 PM
trolls, racists, sexual predators, anarchists, liars, and communists all flock to DDO like moths to a flame. How sad :l
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 6:04:25 PM
It should also be noted that Darkhearth comes on to do nothing but vote on wierdman's debates. He does not make forum posts, and he does not do debates (anymore). His last 9 votes were all for wierdman.

Though I don't think that any more evidence is actually needed.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 6:26:35 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:54:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
trolls, racists, sexual predators, anarchists, liars, and communists all flock to DDO like moths to a flame. How sad :l

Why do you group anarchs and commies with the bunch?

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 7:06:44 PM

Believing that those who do wrong are merely good people that temporarily lost sight and strayed, I told wierdman, via PM, to close his darkhearth account, so that he wouldn't need to be publically outted. He blew off the PM and voted again on a more recent debate, giving him another unearned win.:

Goddamn it, f*ck this piece of sh*t, are you serious?!?! This guy is the biggest loser on this website who resorts to plagiarism and multi-accounting. Why is he still here? He should have been banned ages ago.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 7:12:07 PM
I find this whole thing stupid! I don't need multi-accounts to justify my abilities.:

You have no abilities!!! You plagiarize, you multi-account... you're as original as a carbon copy. In short, you're a complete loser. The IP match is tantamount to you leaving your DNA at a crime scene. It's over, you can stop acting incredulous now.

If you have a shred of integrity, you'll leave DDO immediately and never try to come back.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 7:24:37 PM
I'm offended. Darkhearth sounds too close to my name. If I' just skimming the topic, it sounds as if you guys are talking about me.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 7:37:42 PM
At 9/21/2011 7:24:37 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'm offended. Darkhearth sounds too close to my name. If I' just skimming the topic, it sounds as if you guys are talking about me.

I'm sorry. I've made sure to say "Darkhearth" rather than just saying "Dark"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:48:59 PM
Darkhearth's 29 votes:

Wierdman - 13
1) Eternal Security - voted for wierdman despite wierdan forfeiting. 5-1
2) Knights - voted for wierdman 6-0
3) Swap tobacco for marijuana - voted for wierdman 6-0
4) Bible is innerant - voted for wierdman 5-1, while everybody else voted against
5) Year round schools - voted for wierdman 5-0
6) Water privatized- voted for wierdman 7-0
7) Public school lunch against Zona - voted for wierdman 5-0
8) Age discrimination - voted for wierdman 5-0
9) Alcohol advertisement - voted for wierdman 3-1
10) Animals for entertainment - voted against wierdman 0-1 despite plagiarism by wierdman.
11) Amnesty to immigrants - voted for wierdman 5-1 with an RFD of .
12) Concealed guns - voted 3-0 for wierdman despite wierdman forfeiting UNDER THE GUISE OF A COUNTERBOMB to someone who voted 7 points against wierdman for forfeit.
13) YO mama jokes - voted for wierdman 4-0

Darkhearth - 6
1) Transfat - votebombed himself 7-0
2) Nationalize edcation - neutralized his votebomb I think after votes became visible 0-0
3) Drug Users - votebombed himself 7-0
4) Transfat in Nutritional service - votebombed himself 7-0
5) Courage - votebombed himself 7-0
6) Fossil fuels - votebombed himself 7-0

Other - 10
1) Space Shuttle vs Russian Spacecraft - voted against me with an RFD of .
2) American Sports cars - voted against me, his RFD was ridiculous
3) Rape penalty 0-1 with an RFD of .
4) Bible not without error 0-3 with an RFD of .
5) Salvation 6-0 for forfeit
6) Four hour workweek 7-0 no RFD
7) Marijuana is a medicine 4-3 no RFD
8) Creationism 1-6 no RFD
9) Achilles 2-5 no RFD
10) Torture 7-0 to J Kenyon, no RFD (Jkenyon might be another multi-account of weirdman)
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:49:53 PM
At 9/21/2011 5:52:47 PM, wierdman wrote:
From Eric's e-mail.

are the same person."

Wierdman is Innocent!!!!!!

This is a government conspiracy... The Illuminati set up Darkhearth's account to frame Wierdo...

Don't let the same thing that happened on 9/11 happen again!!!

Wierdo is Innocent!!!
President of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:53:05 PM
Wierdman, look at my list above and tell me honestly that there is someone in your school (therefore having the same IP address as you) that has taken a special interest in your debates and decided to vote on your debates helping you win non-withstanding the fact that you plagiarized and forfeited.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:55:12 PM
At 9/21/2011 8:48:59 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Darkhearth's 29 votes:

Wierdman - 13
4) Bible is innerant - voted for wierdman 5-1, while everybody else voted against
10) Animals for entertainment - voted against wierdman 0-1 despite plagiarism by wierdman.
12) Concealed guns - voted 3-0 for wierdman despite wierdman forfeiting UNDER THE GUISE OF A COUNTERBOMB to someone who voted 7 points against wierdman for forfeit.

Darkhearth - 6
2) Nationalize edcation - neutralized his votebomb I think after votes became visible 0-0

Other - 10
9) Achilles 2-5 no RFD
10) Torture 7-0 to J Kenyon, no RFD (Jkenyon might be another multi-account of weirdman)

Lol I remember being pretty mad at his RFD of "." on my rape penalty debate :P

But I can assure you that J kenyon is no multi account...he was a really good debater who left.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:57:20 PM
Darkhearth's 29 votes:

Wierdman - 13

Darkhearth - 6

Other - 10
9) Achilles 2-5 no RFD

J.Kenyon is not another account of weirdman...He deactivated his account during the ancap exodus and is far superior, in terms of debating, than wierdman. Just compare two samples of his work with wierdman's...There is a difference....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 9:09:05 PM
He debated on my debate "Eternal security." p,ease be honest and tell me how he could have won that debate.
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 9:16:23 PM
At 9/21/2011 8:57:20 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Darkhearth's 29 votes:

Wierdman - 13

Darkhearth - 6

Other - 10
9) Achilles 2-5 no RFD
10) Torture 7-0 to J Kenyon, no RFD

J.Kenyon is not another account of weirdman...He deactivated his account during the ancap exodus and is far superior, in terms of debating, than wierdman. Just compare two samples of his work with wierdman's...There is a difference....

Okay, I get Jkenyon is not a multi-account, but everything else is accurate. Fixed it now.