Presidential Midterm Poll

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 12:46:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://Ore-Ele.polldaddy.com...

Shortly following this, there will also be a presidential midterm interview with Innomen. But for now, please go ahead and vote.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 12:57:36 PM
Okay, added that question in the end.

Sorry to the two that already took this and so couldn't answer the last question.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:12:01 PM
At 9/22/2011 1:04:36 PM, innomen wrote:
Go easy on me.

That's what she said, lol.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:14:08 PM
At 9/22/2011 1:12:01 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/22/2011 1:04:36 PM, innomen wrote:
Go easy on me.

That's what he said, lol.

fixed. look who you're talking to buddy! :)
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:17:28 PM
Just taken it!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:26:41 PM
OreEle should be the next president. Not that Innomens not doing a good job, he's doing a great job. I just think OreEle would be a great next president.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:28:50 PM
FYI, no more comments are needed about the spelling of "strick" vs "strict," lol.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:30:58 PM
At 9/22/2011 1:26:41 PM, phantom wrote:
OreEle should be the next president. Not that Innomens not doing a good job, he's doing a great job. I just think OreEle would be a great next president.

I am not saying that OreEle is not fine and dandy but Innomen has done a great job and I don't think that anyone else could do any better, so I am not willing to take the 'risk'.

I know it's not much of a risk, it's not like President OreEle will nuke china...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:35:53 PM
Done. Inno you fared pretty darn well. Keep up the good work.

BTW, I think this might be a good time to say that Ore_Ele deserves some praise, as well. Thanks for all you do around here.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:40:57 PM
It is true he does a lot, and we work a lot together behind the scenes. He deserves great credit, and has more patience for the minutia of data than i do.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:49:02 PM
At 9/22/2011 1:30:58 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I am not saying that OreEle is not fine and dandy but Innomen has done a great job and I don't think that anyone else could do any better, so I am not willing to take the 'risk'.

I know it's not much of a risk, it's not like President OreEle will nuke china...

Yeah, but it's kind of boring to have the same president twice in a row :P

Seriously though Innomen is great, but OreEle has always been really dedicated to this site, (since I've been here at least). I think he deserves the spot.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:52:24 PM
At 9/22/2011 1:28:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
FYI, no more comments are needed about the spelling of "strick" vs "strict," lol.

Sorry!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:01:07 PM
At 9/22/2011 1:49:02 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/22/2011 1:30:58 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Yeah, but it's kind of boring to have the same president twice in a row :P

Seriously though Innomen is great, but OreEle has always been really dedicated to this site, (since I've been here at least). I think he deserves the spot.

It's been offered, and he has refused to run in the past. He prefers to be "neutral".
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:20:47 PM

I second that. Its time that someone cracked down on trolls and profanity.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:24:00 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:20:47 PM, 000ike wrote:

It's never going to work, one half of DDO wants that the other half does not.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:30:40 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:24:00 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

It's never going to work, one half of DDO wants that the other half does not.

Then this promises to be a close election. I want that option on the table. The website is just in a highly liberal trend right now that's blocking actions that would improve the quality of the site and give more people reason to stay. For people in general, a website without decency rules is fun for some and awful for the rest.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:41:31 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:37:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
No offense to OreEle, but I'd be a bit concerned about an authoritarian running the website.

So anyone who wants to enforce rules is an authoritarian? Hmm, I guess authoritarianism is good then.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:59:43 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/22/2011 2:37:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
No offense to OreEle, but I'd be a bit concerned about an authoritarian running the website.

So anyone who wants to enforce rules is an authoritarian? Hmm, I guess authoritarianism is good then.

No, I'm referring to the political compass thread. There are some members who scored high on authoritarian, others low. Many of the membrs who are very libertarian I think would be too lenient. Innomen is smack in the center, so he's a good match.

And yes, strictly enforcing the rules is very bad. I think the management style here is perfect right now.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 3:17:01 PM
I have just taken it...And to Innomen, good job in adminstrating the site. Hopefully, the site will improve after its recent stagnation...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 3:20:35 PM
At 9/22/2011 3:17:01 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I have just taken it...And to Innomen, good job in adminstrating the site. Hopefully, the site will improve after its recent stagnation...

thx, you've been a help too.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 3:26:20 PM
It's mildly flattering having my name thrown around, but I have no intentions of running for president. I much prefer running the elections and what nots.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 3:28:54 PM
Also, I'm going to be doing a mid term interview with Innomen (in PM and posting the results on Mon or Tues). If anyone wants me to ask any specific questions, please PM me so I can write them down to give him.
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 5:53:04 PM

Who would decide who's a troll? What's the big deal with profanity? I don't swear but I don't have a problem with it.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 6:01:23 PM
At 9/22/2011 5:53:04 PM, seraine wrote:

Who would decide who's a troll? What's the big deal with profanity? I don't swear but I don't have a problem with it.

Currently trolls are decided by reports and what Juggle decides to take action on. Even though Askbob likes to claim that Juggle has a person employed full time to deal with only Askbob, it is more likely that the person that deals with askbob is also taking care of reports and what nots.