Jump to topic:

Old votes that debaters voted for themselves

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 2:28:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Apparently, I was mistaken in assuming that voting for yourself is unethical. General consensus among members seem to indicate that voting for yourself was perfectly acceptable during that time period. Therefore I neutralized all my votes where I countered someone voting for themselves. If there are any missed, please post here or feel free to counter.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 2:32:12 PM
Stop wasting time on debates no one cares about anymore, and use that energy to vote on even more legitimate arguments. Perchance you simply dislike Danielle?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 2:34:48 PM
At 9/25/2011 2:32:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
Stop wasting time on debates no one cares about anymore, and use that energy to vote on even more legitimate arguments. Perchance you simply dislike Danielle?

I do vote on plenty of legitimate debates 00ike. And no I don't dislike Danielle. As I mentioned before, I made the mistake in assuming that voting for yourself was always unethical and when I saw a whole bunch of debated where someone voted for themselves (the #1 ranked debater, no less), I felt compelled to correct that.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 2:40:03 PM
Yeah, I think that back when voting was secret it was natural that if people felt they had been vote bombed or whatever they would vote for themselves to counter it. It was kind of interesting when the votes first became public to see who had and who hadn't voted for themselves, and just to see loads of the voting generally.

I only got a US number to verify my account with after the votes became public and of course one of the first things I did was to find debates I was losing where my opponent had voted for themselves and counter their vote lol.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 5:13:55 PM
At 9/25/2011 2:40:03 PM, feverish wrote:
Yeah, I think that back when voting was secret it was natural that if people felt they had been vote bombed or whatever they would vote for themselves to counter it. It was kind of interesting when the votes first became public to see who had and who hadn't voted for themselves, and just to see loads of the voting generally.

I only got a US number to verify my account with after the votes became public and of course one of the first things I did was to find debates I was losing where my opponent had voted for themselves and counter their vote lol.

That's very interesting. I knew that people used to self vote but I didn't know that votes were not made public. That explains why there used to be so many votes (and votebombs). I wonder how all the votebombers and self voters felt when it all became public.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 11:55:12 AM
At 9/25/2011 5:13:55 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/25/2011 2:40:03 PM, feverish wrote:

That's very interesting. I knew that people used to self vote but I didn't know that votes were not made public. That explains why there used to be so many votes (and votebombs). I wonder how all the votebombers and self voters felt when it all became public.

When it first happened it was some of the most fun drama on DDO.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 1:37:41 PM
At 9/26/2011 11:55:12 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/25/2011 5:13:55 PM, Double_R wrote:

When it first happened it was some of the most fun drama on DDO.

lol! I wish I was around for that one.