DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 4:09:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
RIGHT..

Should there be a line or no line?

If no line then absolutely anything goes, including images of rape and child abuse etc, right?

If a line, then it is totally legitimate to have a discussion about where that line should be.

It is absolutely essential that we protect the line that already exists: this is NOT being done.

In short, the owners and administrators of this site are NEGLIGENT.

Who would be in favour of 'private members DDO' in which one pays for the privilege of a troll free V.I.P area?

I certainly would, and it could be lucrative to the owners too.
The Cross.. the Cross.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:04:39 AM
I think someone else brought up this idea. I'll set up a website for only you and you pay me money every month. I'll make sure there aren't any trolls.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:04:46 AM
At 9/26/2011 4:09:25 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
RIGHT..

If no line then absolutely anything goes, including images of rape and child abuse etc, right?

If a line, then it is totally legitimate to have a discussion about where that line should be.

It is absolutely essential that we protect the line that already exists: this is NOT being done.

Who would be in favour of 'private members DDO' in which one pays for the privilege of a troll free V.I.P area?

What's to stop a troll paying to join?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:28:18 AM
At 9/26/2011 5:04:46 AM, feverish wrote:
RIGHT..

The account would be tied to a credit or debit card: for minor infractions (such as profanity, abusive/bullying behaviour or constant bickering etc) there would be a fine system.. then, if this did not help the person control themselves (which is the aim of ALL coercion/control/punishment etc!) then their account would be terminated. Indefinitely.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:39:25 AM
At 9/27/2011 5:28:18 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
RIGHT..

The account would be tied to a credit or debit card: for minor infractions (such as profanity, abusive/bullying behaviour or constant bickering etc) there would be a fine system.. then, if this did not help the person control themselves (which is the aim of ALL coercion/control/punishment etc!) then their account would be terminated. Indefinitely.

Why are you as a troll proposing a system to make money out of trolls? Are you just trolling?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:33:00 AM
At 9/27/2011 5:39:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
RIGHT..

Why are you as a troll proposing a system to make money out of trolls? Are you just trolling?

Just....no.
I'm all for profanity censors that actually censor your stuff by turning a curse word into *****. I don't support where it says "no profanities allowed" then you have to read over your entire post to find it.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 4:22:43 AM
At 9/27/2011 8:33:00 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/27/2011 5:39:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
RIGHT..

Just....no.
I'm all for profanity censors that actually censor your stuff by turning a curse word into *****. I don't support where it says "no profanities allowed" then you have to read over your entire post to find it.

ALL controls and censors are here to help you control YOURSELF, which is something you really should have learnt in childhood..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 4:23:47 AM
Does anyone have any constructive advice about how I should proceed with this? in regard to the owners, I mean..
The Cross.. the Cross.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:51:58 PM
I agree that there should be lines. The site should take stronger measures to cut down on profanity and personal insults. The cheapest way to do that is to use volunteer user-moderators. I would be willing to pay a modest fee to have a site with better moderation, but I doubt if the site could survive with fees. A possibility is for Juggle to conduct an occasional sweep deleting the insults and issuing warnings. determined repeat offenders could be suspended or banned. Some enforcement might instill some civility into people.

Debate prospers best with a level of civility. It doesn't require being reasonable, just civil.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:54:10 PM
The site gets small traffic enough as it is. Billed membership however small is suicide.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault