Jump to topic:

DDO is in a slump ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:10:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What has happened to some of our regular users ? It seems that they have vacated the premises yet again. What on Earth is going on with this site ?
I mean, one day it is hot. Then the next day it is cold. Right now it feels like
frigid. I see threads about Izbo and Askbob again. lol Oh I get it now.
You have nothing better to do with your time right. Of course not. lol
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:13:11 PM
It is September, and schools and universities have already thrown their doors open for their students and pupils...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:13:20 PM
I see, so you've taken it upon yourself to troll to lighten up the mood and spur some drama......no dice. No one's in the mood, and if you resume your trollish ways of the past, you shall simply be ignored.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:17:00 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:13:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
I see, so you've taken it upon yourself to troll to lighten up the mood and spur some drama......no dice. No one's in the mood, and if you resume your trollish ways of the past, you shall simply be ignored.

Well I hate to say this 000ike. But youre wrong as always.
Youre still here which means hey nothins changed. Ha, ha, ha.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:17:57 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:13:11 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
It is September, and schools and universities have already thrown their doors open for their students and pupils...

No that is not why. I think it is because the regulars have gone away and the
trolls and even playing around in greener pastures. I hope DDO will pick back
up in a few days. Maybe when it it cold.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:18:08 PM
Ike, how does this thread constitute as spicing up the events in DDO?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:19:02 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:18:08 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

He's a delusional idiot. His entire world evolves around this place.
He does not have much of a life.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:21:56 PM
Actually, Interogator is off on his numbers. DDO's forum posts are actually more consistend now then they've been in months. About 7 months ago, we would swing from over 1000 posts one day, to less than 400 the next, and back and forth. Right now, we are consistantly hitting between 500 and 700 every day, including weekends.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:23:18 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:19:02 PM, inferno wrote:

case in point. Don't ask vain questions MIG, he virtually just answered you...."delusional idiot" he says....... You just feel like challenging everything I say despite its truth.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:25:27 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:23:18 PM, 000ike wrote:

case in point. Don't ask vain questions MIG, he virtually just answered you...."delusional idiot" he says....... You just feel like challenging everything I say despite its truth.

So the thread is spicing things up, an event that correlates with your recent accusation in the thread...

Hmmm....

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:27:06 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:23:18 PM, 000ike wrote:

No its true. You are lame as a dead duck.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:27:54 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:21:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Actually, Interogator is off on his numbers. DDO's forum posts are actually more consistend now then they've been in months. About 7 months ago, we would swing from over 1000 posts one day, to less than 400 the next, and back and forth. Right now, we are consistantly hitting between 500 and 700 every day, including weekends.

Who cares. It is still a far cry from what it use to be. And I have only been here
for a few months.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:32:33 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:27:54 PM, inferno wrote:

Who cares. It is still a far cry from what it use to be. And I have only been here
for a few months.

Obvious fail. The last time that the DDO forums were more active than current time (last week), was back in early March. From Mid-March until today, posting has been pretty level, apart from two big dips, one in the beginning of June (from late May to early June, we saw a 30% drop and recovery) and another through July (the trolling time when the AnCap Exodus was, we saw a 50% drop, which has all recovered). And even then, the March highs were not normal, as going back before that, we see that it was often lower than it is now.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:39:34 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:32:33 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

for a few months.

Obvious fail. The last time that the DDO forums were more active than current time (last week), was back in early March. From Mid-March until today, posting has been pretty level, apart from two big dips, one in the beginning of June (from late May to early June, we saw a 30% drop and recovery) and another through July (the trolling time when the AnCap Exodus was, we saw a 50% drop, which has all recovered). And even then, the March highs were not normal, as going back before that, we see that it was often lower than it is now.

Well I already predicted it would. It was about the Summer months in which internet usage goes down. Now it is up again because the weather has changed.
And when it is cold, there will be even higher numbers soon. But this place still sucks. lol
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:43:23 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:39:34 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/26/2011 5:32:33 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

for a few months.

Well I already predicted it would. It was about the Summer months in which internet usage goes down. Now it is up again because the weather has changed.
And when it is cold, there will be even higher numbers soon. But this place still sucks. lol

Silly me, I forgot I was talking to a troll.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:43:40 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:41:43 PM, inferno wrote:
And when I say slump, I mean psychological one.

Explain psychological slump
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:49:53 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:43:40 PM, 000ike wrote:

Psychological Slump. That means that the novelty of this great forum has worn of so much so, that the regulars who once inhabited this site have left it void.
There was a paradigm shift that took place during that mass immigration to who knows where. (eyes rolling like Bill Cosby) And since that time period, the energy has not been the same. It is dull, and lacking in intensity.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:01:52 PM
At 9/26/2011 5:49:53 PM, inferno wrote:

Psychological Slump. That means that the novelty of this great forum has worn of so much so, that the regulars who once inhabited this site have left it void.
There was a paradigm shift that took place during that mass immigration to who knows where. (eyes rolling like Bill Cosby) And since that time period, the energy has not been the same. It is dull, and lacking in intensity.

You mean lacking drama. You are so accustomed to the hostility and altercation provided by people of the past that you recognize peace as dull. Psychological aura is something of a subjective sense, whereas, by your own perception, you have chosen to feel this way.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:08:23 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:01:52 PM, 000ike wrote:

You mean lacking drama. You are so accustomed to the hostility and altercation provided by people of the past that you recognize peace as dull. Psychological aura is something of a subjective sense, whereas, by your own perception, you have chosen to feel this way.

Wrong. Im not talking about the element of drama. I am speaking of the intensity and balance of debates. I am speaking about the village effect. This is where we all gather around the table and have a very casual, but insightful conversation about life. I have been reading the recent threads. It aint what it use to be.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:15:37 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:08:23 PM, inferno wrote:

Wrong. Im not talking about the element of drama. I am speaking of the intensity and balance of debates. I am speaking about the village effect. This is where we all gather around the table and have a very casual, but insightful conversation about life. I have been reading the recent threads. It aint what it use to be.

Interesting. How come, then, you create a thread to extenuate this issue through complaining about it, rather than returning those beloved and supposedly absent threads to the forums?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:18:19 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:15:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:08:23 PM, inferno wrote:

Interesting. How come, then, you create a thread to extenuate this issue through complaining about it, rather than returning those beloved and supposedly absent threads to the forums?

I will. But as for now, I am changing the channel and enjoying the atmosphere
on the other network. They love me there. Stay tuned for more updates.
I will have some very interesting topics this week. Yesssssss.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:19:16 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:18:19 PM, inferno wrote:

...You're conceited.................
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:22:46 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:19:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:18:19 PM, inferno wrote:

...You're conceited.................

No. That would be everyone here. Because exposing your thoughts in a very pasionate manner in an international social online forum requires a sense of
narcissisum that many of us have but are not always willing to admit. I am guilty
as sin. And please dont be a hypocrite. You are too.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:25:08 PM
By the way, this place has been rather active lately. It is Fall you guys.
So look for more to come in the near future. The Holiday season always brings out the regulars. And when people are in doors more, they are usually on the computer.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:40:30 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:38:40 PM, inferno wrote:
The slump is only temporary. I think we will see a rise in the Stock Market of
DDO in a few weeks. Count on it.

If you ask me, DDO is already in a great state. School and time constraints have strangled debates a little, but the website is still great. Pessimism is a contagious and deadly disease. I prefer not to catch it. :)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:43:46 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:40:30 PM, 000ike wrote:

If you ask me, DDO is already in a great state. School and time constraints have strangled debates a little, but the website is still great. Pessimism is a contagious and deadly disease. I prefer not to catch it. :)

Yeah yeah. When Im here people flock to the stands. Its true.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:45:10 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:43:46 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:40:30 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yeah yeah. When Im here people flock to the stands. Its true.

I wouldn't be so sure Mr. Hubroegoconceitmoron
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 2:34:24 PM
Ah, I get it now. This place was actually fun today. The users are being a bit
more consistent right now. Dont you just love it when people are being proactive.