Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Can I show my face?

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:18:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As a minor, would I be considered a liability to Juggle if I put an actual photo of me as a profile pic/released my FB? Or, because it's MY face, it's not a liability?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:22:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Askbob will hunt you down, just kidding.

By that logic, wouldn't we have to ban Ore_Ele for putting his baby as his avatar?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:22:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:22:04 PM, 000ike wrote:
Askbob will hunt you down, just kidding.

By that logic, wouldn't we have to ban Ore_Ele for putting his baby as his avatar?

Probably not, seeing as how he is a legal guardian, and has the authority.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:23:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:18:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
As a minor, would I be considered a liability to Juggle if I put an actual photo of me as a profile pic/released my FB? Or, because it's MY face, it's not a liability?

If you put your own face, you'll have no problem.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:25:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:18:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
As a minor, would I be considered a liability to Juggle if I put an actual photo of me as a profile pic/released my FB? Or, because it's MY face, it's not a liability?

Yeah, the only problem is when someone else posts it without your permission (or you post someone else's without their permission).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:27:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ask innomen over PM to send you a permission slips that asks for a signature from a parent/guardian so you can put your picture up. I just sent mine back to him via snail mail. I'm sure he's got dozens of these permission slips. It's just a liability waiver.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:29:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:27:18 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Ask innomen over PM to send you a permission slips that asks for a signature from a parent/guardian so you can put your picture up. I just sent mine back to him via snail mail. I'm sure he's got dozens of these permission slips. It's just a liability waiver.

And thus my laziness shines through.

I'm fine using an avatar if it means I don't have to handle forms.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:29:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:27:18 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Ask innomen over PM to send you a permission slips that asks for a signature from a parent/guardian so you can put your picture up. I just sent mine back to him via snail mail. I'm sure he's got dozens of these permission slips. It's just a liability waiver.

And it asks for your social security number and a credit card number, along with your mother's madien name. Just for liability purposes.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:29:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just stfu and put it up.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:30:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:29:10 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Just stfu and put it up.

lol
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:31:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Nevermind. A simple photo isn't worth liability forms. But I CAN post my FB on my profile w/o the liability stuff?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:32:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:31:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Nevermind. A simple photo isn't worth liability forms. But I CAN post my FB on my profile w/o the liability stuff?

Roy has done it, in his signature and profile...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:33:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:31:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Nevermind. A simple photo isn't worth liability forms. But I CAN post my FB on my profile w/o the liability stuff?

They're joking I'm sure. When I first joined I had a picture of myself up and I was never given any trouble.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:34:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:33:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:31:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Nevermind. A simple photo isn't worth liability forms. But I CAN post my FB on my profile w/o the liability stuff?

They're joking I'm sure. When I first joined I had a picture of myself up and I was never given any trouble.

I think they might be joking--what with the "asking for SS # and Credit Card #" thing.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:36:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My sarcasm sensors are really not working today.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:36:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:36:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
My sarcasm sensors are really not working today.

lol, yes, it was all sarcasm (regarding the forms).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:38:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:36:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:36:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
My sarcasm sensors are really not working today.

lol, yes, it was all sarcasm (regarding the forms).

Thanks. I'm actually very good at detecting sarcasm on the interwebz (unlike the lot that think The Onion is serious). But for some reason today is a bad day.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:39:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:38:50 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:36:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:36:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
My sarcasm sensors are really not working today.

lol, yes, it was all sarcasm (regarding the forms).

Thanks. I'm actually very good at detecting sarcasm on the interwebz (unlike the lot that think The Onion is serious). But for some reason today is a bad day.

Wait, the Onion isn't serious?!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 9:05:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 9:04:26 PM, frenchmoosetwo wrote:
this thread stuns me.. is the answer not obvious?

No. I was pretty sure of the answer, but it does say in the ToS about revealing a minor's personal information.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 9:10:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 9:05:50 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/26/2011 9:04:26 PM, frenchmoosetwo wrote:
this thread stuns me.. is the answer not obvious?

No. I was pretty sure of the answer, but it does say in the ToS about revealing a minor's personal information.

It also says in ToS that you cannot curse or insult other members, and harassment would result in immediate banishment, and we all know that is never enforced. In fact, I knew about DDO since winter last year, but did not join because I was afraid of the extremely strict and intimating ToS that also seemed much like a legally binding contract that I interpreted to have the potential to fine or sue me, should I transgress its laws. lol This makes me sound stupid, but its true.

The ToS is all bark but no bite.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 9:16:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 9:10:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/26/2011 9:05:50 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/26/2011 9:04:26 PM, frenchmoosetwo wrote:
this thread stuns me.. is the answer not obvious?

No. I was pretty sure of the answer, but it does say in the ToS about revealing a minor's personal information.

It also says in ToS that you cannot curse or insult other members, and harassment would result in immediate banishment, and we all know that is never enforced. In fact, I knew about DDO since winter last year, but did not join because I was afraid of the extremely strict and intimating ToS that also seemed much like a legally binding contract that I interpreted to have the potential to fine or sue me, should I transgress its laws. lol This makes me sound stupid, but its true.

The ToS is all bark but no bite.

lol, indeed. I'll admit that, for some reason, this site's ToS seemed a bit threatening.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 9:19:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"illah" means the lower case god, god in general. But Allah meant monotheism God before Islam yes.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 9:19:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol wrong topic.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:42:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:18:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
As a minor, would I be considered a liability to Juggle if I put an actual photo of me as a profile pic/released my FB? Or, because it's MY face, it's not a liability?

Yes the guy on the right is me.

Don't ask why I'm on fire.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:24:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:25:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:18:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
As a minor, would I be considered a liability to Juggle if I put an actual photo of me as a profile pic/released my FB? Or, because it's MY face, it's not a liability?

Yeah, the only problem is when someone else posts it without your permission (or you post someone else's without their permission).

Reported..Ore_Ele you did not get your babies permission :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...