Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

put more characters for RFD

thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 7:50:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is kinda self explanatory,I see all the time people continuing their RFD's in the comments section, so I think juggle should add more characters in the RFD.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:07:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We need to compile a list of minor corrections for our lazy and inactive admins to fix. This is among them.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:09:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 8:07:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
We need to compile a list of minor corrections for our lazy and inactive admins to fix. This is among them.

Lazy and inactive admins? Are Ore_Ele and innomen lazy?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:12:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 8:09:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:07:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
We need to compile a list of minor corrections for our lazy and inactive admins to fix. This is among them.

Lazy and inactive admins? Are Ore_Ele and innomen lazy?

They aren't who I meant by admins, and Ore_Ele is not an admin, nor is innomen. Innomen is the president. By admins I was referring to the owners and whoever they have hired to oversee this website. Those people have not spoken, or made themselves barely visible for my 2 months being on here. There have been many great ideas for improvements to this site that have been forgotten or done away with because of their inactivity. This is what I call laziness. :/
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:13:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 8:12:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:09:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:07:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
We need to compile a list of minor corrections for our lazy and inactive admins to fix. This is among them.

Lazy and inactive admins? Are Ore_Ele and innomen lazy?

They aren't who I meant by admins, and Ore_Ele is not an admin, nor is innomen. Innomen is the president. By admins I was referring to the owners and whoever they have hired to oversee this website. Those people have not spoken, or made themselves barely visible for my 2 months being on here. There have been many great ideas for improvements to this site that have been forgotten or done away with because of their inactivity. This is what I call laziness. :/

Well, actually Ore_Ele and innoman are go-betweens between DDO and Juggle.

But I see your point.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:36:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 8:12:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:09:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:07:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
We need to compile a list of minor corrections for our lazy and inactive admins to fix. This is among them.

Lazy and inactive admins? Are Ore_Ele and innomen lazy?

They aren't who I meant by admins, and Ore_Ele is not an admin, nor is innomen. Innomen is the president. By admins I was referring to the owners and whoever they have hired to oversee this website. Those people have not spoken, or made themselves barely visible for my 2 months being on here. There have been many great ideas for improvements to this site that have been forgotten or done away with because of their inactivity. This is what I call laziness. :/

They just released a new update two weeks ago. What rock have you been living under?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:41:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 8:36:49 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:12:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:09:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:07:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
We need to compile a list of minor corrections for our lazy and inactive admins to fix. This is among them.

Lazy and inactive admins? Are Ore_Ele and innomen lazy?

They aren't who I meant by admins, and Ore_Ele is not an admin, nor is innomen. Innomen is the president. By admins I was referring to the owners and whoever they have hired to oversee this website. Those people have not spoken, or made themselves barely visible for my 2 months being on here. There have been many great ideas for improvements to this site that have been forgotten or done away with because of their inactivity. This is what I call laziness. :/

They just released a new update two weeks ago. What rock have you been living under?

lol, I'm not blind, I saw that update. That was the first time I saw ANY mod since I joined the site 2 months ago, and all they changed was a few more displays on voting on the profile. That is not the speed, activity, or magnitude of amendment that constitutes hard work. They are still very lazy.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:42:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 8:41:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
lol, I'm not blind, I saw that update. That was the first time I saw ANY mod since I joined the site 2 months ago, and all they changed was a few more displays on voting on the profile. That is not the speed, activity, or magnitude of amendment that constitutes hard work. They are still very lazy.

Just go away.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:46:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 8:42:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 9/26/2011 8:41:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
lol, I'm not blind, I saw that update. That was the first time I saw ANY mod since I joined the site 2 months ago, and all they changed was a few more displays on voting on the profile. That is not the speed, activity, or magnitude of amendment that constitutes hard work. They are still very lazy.

Just go away.

scratch that Ninja, add mattrodstorm to the list of people I've called a troll.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 4:24:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 7:50:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is kinda self explanatory,I see all the time people continuing their RFD's in the comments section, so I think juggle should add more characters in the RFD.

I think people should just fit their RFD into 500 characters. I don't think RFD's were intended to be essays, just giving the debaters a reason as to why they won or lost. Detailed RFD's are great, but if necessary then summarize it in the RFD section and detail it in the comments. I don't like when people put (continued...)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 4:36:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 4:24:20 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2011 7:50:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is kinda self explanatory,I see all the time people continuing their RFD's in the comments section, so I think juggle should add more characters in the RFD.

I think people should just fit their RFD into 500 characters. I don't think RFD's were intended to be essays, just giving the debaters a reason as to why they won or lost. Detailed RFD's are great, but if necessary then summarize it in the RFD section and detail it in the comments. I don't like when people put (continued...)
Damn! I plead guilty of that.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:23:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 4:36:27 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/27/2011 4:24:20 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2011 7:50:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is kinda self explanatory,I see all the time people continuing their RFD's in the comments section, so I think juggle should add more characters in the RFD.

I think people should just fit their RFD into 500 characters. I don't think RFD's were intended to be essays, just giving the debaters a reason as to why they won or lost. Detailed RFD's are great, but if necessary then summarize it in the RFD section and detail it in the comments. I don't like when people put (continued...)
Damn! I plead guilty of that.

lol! It was actually your RFD I was thinking of (still fresh in my mind), but I have seen many people do it. I just don't like it because you start to read it and then all of a sudden you have to start clicking through all the comment pages to find the rest of it. It was a really good RFD though : )
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:35:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 1:23:10 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/27/2011 4:36:27 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/27/2011 4:24:20 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 9/26/2011 7:50:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is kinda self explanatory,I see all the time people continuing their RFD's in the comments section, so I think juggle should add more characters in the RFD.

I think people should just fit their RFD into 500 characters. I don't think RFD's were intended to be essays, just giving the debaters a reason as to why they won or lost. Detailed RFD's are great, but if necessary then summarize it in the RFD section and detail it in the comments. I don't like when people put (continued...)
Damn! I plead guilty of that.

lol! It was actually your RFD I was thinking of (still fresh in my mind), but I have seen many people do it. I just don't like it because you start to read it and then all of a sudden you have to start clicking through all the comment pages to find the rest of it. It was a really good RFD though : )

Which one are you talking about?