Jump to topic:

Vote for the best voter!

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:49:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I thought DDO members would like an opportunity to judge the judges. Who is the best voter on the site? Start nominating people. Once we have a specified number of people, say 8 or 10 or 12, I will start another thread for voting.

I will start out by nominting:

1) Blackvoid
2) Double_R
3) Raisor
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:52:59 AM
Reasons:

1) Blackvoid: willing to give a detailed RFD on all the good debates and actually takes the time to read and evaluate every argument if the quality of the debate merits it.

2) Double_R: usually gives concise RFDs but has a knack of accurately summarizing long arguments within 500 characters.

3) Raisor: gives detailed RFDs and is always willing to engage the debaters when they have questions.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:56:23 AM
I nominate no one. :p No one except you actually votes on legitimate debates often, and I can't cast a vote for the creator of the thread.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:02:50 AM
I nominate OP. Most people either give good RFD's but don't vote a ton, or vote a ton but give average RFD's. F-16 has the best of both worlds.
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:15:52 AM
At 9/29/2011 10:02:50 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
I nominate OP. Most people either give good RFD's but don't vote a ton, or vote a ton but give average RFD's. F-16 has the best of both worlds.

I agree, I vote for F-16.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:32:58 AM
At 9/29/2011 10:16:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Another rule: You can't nominate me since I'm the one creating the thread. Either nominate someone already listed or nominate a new person.

This would be like izbo asking for people to vote for the rudest member, but you can't vote for him...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:36:01 AM
At 9/29/2011 10:32:58 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 9/29/2011 10:16:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Another rule: You can't nominate me since I'm the one creating the thread. Either nominate someone already listed or nominate a new person.

This would be like izbo asking for people to vote for the rudest member, but you can't vote for him...

No it isn't because you gave a negative model.

it would be more like the most talented musician in the room asking for everyone to vote for the most talented musician in the room. It gives the appearance that he instigated the voting procedure to validate and obtain a complement to himself, which is of poor conduct. F-16 was right in saying you must vote for someone else.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:36:47 AM
F16 Falcon is definitely NOT the best voter, and votes without even reading debates. For instance, in this debate in which I clearly won (http://www.debate.org...), he voted for my opponent and gave him 2 points. Why? because I voted for myself 6-0 (which was legitimate) and my opponent voted for himself 5-1. As you can see, both of us debaters voted for ourselves, yet he chose to penalize me for it and cost me the debate just because he didn't like that I had given myself 2 points more than my opponent has. Meanwhile, he completely disregarded the straight 7 vote-bomb against me. There were no v-bombs in my favor. Every single other reader decided that I won except for my opponent and the v-bomber. However, I am losing this debate because F16 felt the need to correct something that didn't need to be corrected. He has done this on many of my debates, though this is the first one I came across off the top of my head. The point is that F16 doesn't vote based on the actual debate arguments put forth but on his biased (and often WRONG) concept of what is fair.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:40:49 AM
At 9/29/2011 10:36:47 AM, Danielle wrote:
F16 Falcon is definitely NOT the best voter, and votes without even reading debates. For instance, in this debate in which I clearly won (http://www.debate.org...), he voted for my opponent and gave him 2 points. Why? because I voted for myself 6-0 (which was legitimate) and my opponent voted for himself 5-1. As you can see, both of us debaters voted for ourselves, yet he chose to penalize me for it and cost me the debate just because he didn't like that I had given myself 2 points more than my opponent has. Meanwhile, he completely disregarded the straight 7 vote-bomb against me. There were no v-bombs in my favor. Every single other reader decided that I won except for my opponent and the v-bomber. However, I am losing this debate because F16 felt the need to correct something that didn't need to be corrected. He has done this on many of my debates, though this is the first one I came across off the top of my head. The point is that F16 doesn't vote based on the actual debate arguments put forth but on his biased (and often WRONG) concept of what is fair.

lol you're funny. It doesn't really matter since F-16 said not to vote for him, BUT, I do think you're being a little unfair to him. He is definitely the most productive member as far as legitimate voting goes. He is often the first to vote on long and serious debates, whereas others are too lazy to read it. You cannot confine the decision on his voting status to his votes against your own debates, in which you voted for yourself, Danielle. You have to look at the whole picture, and the whole picture illustrates that he is indeed the best voter.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:17:57 AM
I can do whatever I want and bring attention to whatever I want just as he felt the need to do. The "member of the month" is a vote bomber, plain and simple. In terms of who I think is the most reliable voter, I don't examine RFDs for debates other than my own so I have no idea who is the most fair. Cliff.Stamp was probably up there but has been quite unfair in some of his assessments as well. There isn't anyone else who stands out off the top of my head who puts a lot of emphasis into voting. People tend not to read long and serious debates, and if they do, tend to not vote against what they have already believed in the first place. Maybe I'll go back and check to see if I've noticed anyone in particular standing out.
President of DDO
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:47:40 AM
I would nominate Cliff. Stamp through other members such as Double_R were great in their voting...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:41:20 PM
Blackvoid - 1
Double_R - 2
Raisor - 1
Cliff.Stamp - 3
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:59:35 PM
Blackvoid - 1
Double_R - 2
Raisor - 2
Cliff.Stamp - 3
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 2:02:33 PM
I have to say roy. Name one other person who has more than 1,000 votes.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 2:08:04 PM
At 9/29/2011 2:02:33 PM, phantom wrote:

Probably Cliff if his account was still active. But number of votes doesn't really mean much. Its the quality of votes that matter.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 2:08:11 PM
Blackvoid - 1
Double_R - 2
Raisor - 2
Cliff.Stamp - 4

nvm. some of cliffstamps votes annoyed me, but there is probably not a single person here who voted as often as he did.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 2:10:39 PM
At 9/29/2011 2:08:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/29/2011 2:02:33 PM, phantom wrote:

Probably Cliff if his account was still active.

Yeah I just remembered, which is why I changed my vote.

But number of votes doesn't really mean much. Its the quality of votes that matter.

I agree but roy did give allot of detailed rfds
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 3:47:34 PM
I'm voting more of a "what have you done for me lately" approach, so Cliff who has been gone for months is excluded.

Blackvoid - 1
Double R - 2
Raisor - 3
Cliff - 4
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:39:20 PM
This thread is silly. Few people vote on many debates, so supposing that people not only read the debates and vote on them, but analyze how others vote on them is doubly ridiculous.
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:44:59 PM
At 9/29/2011 9:49:38 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I thought DDO members would like an opportunity to judge the judges. Who is the best voter on the site? Start nominating people. Once we have a specified number of people, say 8 or 10 or 12, I will start another thread for voting.

1) Blackvoid
2) Double_R
3) Raisor

If you judge those 3 as being good voters, I take it that you haven't seen Roy_Latham or Cliff_Stamp yet.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:47:18 PM
At 9/29/2011 4:44:59 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/29/2011 9:49:38 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

1) Blackvoid
2) Double_R
3) Raisor

If you judge those 3 as being good voters, I take it that you haven't seen Roy_Latham or Cliff_Stamp yet.

Okay, then.

Blackvoid - 1
Double R - 2
Raisor - 3
Cliff - 5
RoyLatham - 1
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:48:08 PM
1 person can cast 2 votes?
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:49:01 PM
At 9/29/2011 4:48:08 PM, 000ike wrote:

Haha! I noticed that too. I never said that I was ever voting for anyone F-16, but now that you mention it, my vote would probably have to go for Roy_Latham.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:49:51 PM
At 9/29/2011 4:48:08 PM, 000ike wrote:

These are nominations, not votes. If you noticed, I made three. I intend to take the top 3 or top 5 into the next thread for voting.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 4:59:44 PM
These arguments about vote-bombing are so ironic.

Anyway, I nominate RoyLatham, even though he doesn't care about this thread.
lddebater540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 5:46:34 PM
I vote for Raisor; he understands concepts that baffle other voters and votes according to the standard conceptions of debate while other voters choose to vote on their own beliefs about a term's definition. I realize that this is vague, but I do not wish to reveal my actual intentions at the moment.

I also would like to nominate every individual who has voted for himself or herself in a debate for the title of Worst Voter.