Jump to topic:

Presidential Midterm Interview

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:45:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, this was completed earlier this week, but I totally spaced posting it. So I'm posting it now.

Ore_Ele

Overall, how satisfied are you with your performace as President of DDO over these last 3+ months?

innomen

I am satisfied, and wouldn't go much further in my performance than that. I made no grand promises that couldn't be kept, and those that i did make i feel were met well. I am very happy with the working relationship that i have with Juggle and feel that i brought more relevance to the position of president here than it ever had in the past.

Ore_Ele

Going back to your campaign promises (which can be found here http://www.debate.org...), you laid some short and simple goals of...

- An active connection between our community and Juggle
- Retaining our best
- Attracting the best
- Maintaining a community that is diverse in character and thought.
- Protecting the integrity of our debates in both process and voting
- Developing and nurturing new debaters

Based on survey results. The AnCap Exodus was fairly divided, almost perfectly even. How are the losses of members, such as Cody_Franklin and J.Kenyon, holding with "Retaining our best?" Do you think there was any more that you could have done to convinced them to stay? Or to get them to come back after a period of time? Like Social Pinko did?

innomen

We can only do what we can only do, and yes, i think Social Pinko is a retention of one of our best. We lost a couple good ones, but frankly the loss of Sieben, and others who were a detriment to the DDO community was a wash. C_N came back, and i saw yesterday that TV made an appearance and one of my personal favorites Volkov popped in, so given time many may come back. We have some decent new people here that are integrating well with DDO, and have added their own direction to the site at times. In all honesty, i think the greatest loss was koopin, and i also know many people regret Cliff.Stamp leaving, both of which i made great effort to retain, but with no results.

In all, i'd say we've done a pretty good job in carrying out the goals of my campaign. I am grateful for the help i have received.

Ore_Ele

You also said, "I am assembling a team to review the current TOS and propose to both the community and to Juggle some changes that may be implemented to further our goal of eliminating vote bombers and members who are simply out to frustrate those of us who look at debate as a serious part of our lives."

Where do you feel that re-working the TOS falls as an objective for you at this moment? Are there more pressing issues that push the TOS to the back burner? Do you think it will be something that you can successfully work on before the end of your term?

innomen

Honestly it's not as high in the priorities now, because of the greater amount of involvement and decision making that Juggle has given us. We now have active involvement in the modding, and that sort of changes the equation a bit. I don't hear people complaining about the ToS so much now, and the troll management has been far more effective with the active modding. Being able to now track votebombing is particularly useful in helping us maintain the standards that we are looking for on DDO.

Ore_Ele

Do your goals for the next term have any changes from what you've done this term? In other words, will Innomen 2.0 be identical to Innomen 1.0?

innomen

Honestly i haven't really thought about it. I was just presented with the idea of running again recently. I would say they would mostly be an expansion of what we've already accomplished, and just keep going in that direction. We have been presenting juggle with modest requests which they are much more responsive to than any grand reengineering of the site. I would probably update my cabinet a bit though.

Ore_Ele

Thank you for your time, this will conclude the interview, if you wish for any closing remarks, you are free to add them in.

innomen

It should be known that much of what goes on with my administration is behind the scenes, in PMs. I have had the pleasure of working with many members in assisting them in various challenges from being able to vote to sorting out a conflict between members. Our value of voter integrity has translated to a careful look at voting patterns and questionable intentions, and a resulting correction to these problems.

I also need to point out that i don't do this alone, that i have some people that i regularly call on to help with some of the work, and keep an eye on all areas of the site where i am not aware of some of the activity. I consider myself fortunate that i can hear the perspective of very divergent individuals; from Danielle to Mirza, from C_N to Jharry, from Man-is-Good to Social Pinko, and am grateful that they are candid with me in their opinions. The relationships that i have built here is a key component to the workings of my administration, and with that the respect that i have been granted by the members of this site has helped facilitate individual requests that i have on occasion made.

Lastly there is the help that you have provided. It is no small thing the amount of work you are willing to put into the workings of this site, and I enjoy working with you on a pretty much daily basis. You are a tremendous asset and resource.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 4:49:11 PM
Perhaps this can be in video form next time? Laziness is really a problem for many of us. x)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 4:50:29 PM
Didn't even see this thread.

Comments? I thought it was honest and you hit on major points. As expected, you didn't disappoint!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 4:56:11 PM
At 10/1/2011 4:50:29 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Didn't even see this thread.

Comments? I thought it was honest and you hit on major points. As expected, you didn't disappoint!

Thanks P_L
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 5:21:13 PM
I saw it but I thought it was just for reference and had no idea that you were expecting comments on it. Yeah, I think you did a great job working with Juggle. I love the new voting feature. As for retaining members, consider me retained! I love this site. May not be as active in the future as I am right now but I will continue being on this site.

I actually want to be a part of the administration and help out if that's at possible.