Jump to topic:

Help with confirmation

JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:44:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I made one account with a username I did not like. So I closed the account and made this one with an alternative email address.

Of course I can't use my cell to confirm, so I tried my sister's but her phone does not have internet.

I don't understand why debate.org makes the process of registering so difficult. I think if people weren't forced to hand out their cell # more people would join. I don't have another cell phone to use so can an admin confirm my account through my email or something?
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:20:28 PM
At 9/29/2011 9:44:03 PM, JuiceSqueeze wrote:
I made one account with a username I did not like. So I closed the account and made this one with an alternative email address.

Of course I can't use my cell to confirm, so I tried my sister's but her phone does not have internet.

I don't understand why debate.org makes the process of registering so difficult. I think if people weren't forced to hand out their cell # more people would join. I don't have another cell phone to use so can an admin confirm my account through my email or something?

I call shananigans your phone doesn't need internet to register, just texting.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:36:19 PM
Yes it needs internet to confirm the text. I have a texting/internet plan, my sister only has texting.

ill be happy to email my original cell number and old username to a moderator to confirm identity.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 7:03:48 AM
At 9/29/2011 10:36:19 PM, JuiceSqueeze wrote:
Yes it needs internet to confirm the text. I have a texting/internet plan, my sister only has texting.

ill be happy to email my original cell number and old username to a moderator to confirm identity.

i have no internet plan just texting,yet i am strangely confirmed, imagine that, shananigans i say.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
lddebater540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 11:01:32 AM
I am not comfortable posting my cell phone number on the website, but I have completed several serious debates and would like to be able to vote. Is there any other way that I can be confirmed?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 11:02:58 AM
At 9/30/2011 11:01:32 AM, lddebater540 wrote:
I am not comfortable posting my cell phone number on the website, but I have completed several serious debates and would like to be able to vote. Is there any other way that I can be confirmed?

You're cell phone number is not posted. It just sends you a text message with a code. You enter the code and you are done.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 12:44:11 AM
At 9/30/2011 11:01:32 AM, lddebater540 wrote:

i cant participate in any debates if my identity if not confirmed, and i dont have another # to give out.

And yes, you do have to have an internet plan to confirm the link sent from debate.org. I have internet/text on my phone, some people only have text.

both are separate.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 1:09:41 AM
At 10/1/2011 12:44:11 AM, JuiceSqueeze wrote:
And yes, you do have to have an internet plan to confirm the link sent from debate.org. I have internet/text on my phone, some people only have text.

It operates on a text message. I confirmed my account my Freshman year with no Internet plan.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 1:20:48 AM
At 10/1/2011 1:09:41 AM, wjmelements wrote:

It operates on a text message. I confirmed my account my Freshman year with no Internet plan.

then things must have changed. You must have internet to confirm the link from debate.org.

you might have internet on your phone but just not realize it. maybe it varies from provider. I use Sprint.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 6:22:52 AM
You've got a computer with internet and a phone that can recieve texts right?

1. Go on computer
2. Connect to internet
3. Sign in to debate.org
4. Go to "confirm my identity"
5. Enter the number of your phone (with your computer keyboard)
6. Wait
7. Recieve text on phone
8. Hold phone in one hand and with other hand enter the code that is on the phone screen with your computer keyboard into the box on your computer screen
9. Account confirmed
10. Vote

.... jimprofit?
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 6:25:35 AM

i cant participate in any debates if my identity if not confirmed,

Sure you can, you just can't vote, unless that's a very recent change.
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 6:45:11 AM
At 10/1/2011 6:22:52 AM, feverish wrote:
You've got a computer with internet and a phone that can recieve texts right?

1. Go on computer
2. Connect to internet
3. Sign in to debate.org
4. Go to "confirm my identity"
5. Enter the number of your phone (with your computer keyboard)
6. Wait
7. Recieve text on phone
8. Hold phone in one hand and with other hand enter the code that is on the phone screen with your computer keyboard into the box on your computer screen
9. Account confirmed
10. Vote

.... jimprofit?

Listen. My sister's phone has to click on debate.org LINK to see the code. when i did it with my phone - a much more advanced phone than my sis which is very old tech, one must click on a link before seeing the code. and the link requires internet to access.

it is not a direct text message.

i dont care THAT much, but IMO debate.org would get way more users if they weren't forced to give out their cells.

is debate.org have moderators or admins? i have no problem releasing the first account i made, my cell phone # so they can re-send me a new code. then they can delete the old account, which has no history on debate.org
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:49:43 AM
At 10/1/2011 1:20:48 AM, JuiceSqueeze wrote:
you might have internet on your phone but just not realize it. maybe it varies from provider. I use Sprint.

You get the text message on your phone, and then go to the internet somehow, not necessarily on your phone, and enter the code you got in your text message.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:52:17 AM

Of course I can't use my cell to confirm,

Do My Settings/Mobile/Remove in your old account, and then you'll be able to use your own phone for your new account.
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 2:22:35 PM
At 10/1/2011 9:52:17 AM, wiploc wrote:

Do My Settings/Mobile/Remove in your old account, and then you'll be able to use your own phone for your new account.

that's a problem because I discontinued my old account and now I can't access it with my other email.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 2:27:17 PM
At 10/1/2011 2:22:35 PM, JuiceSqueeze wrote:

that's a problem because I discontinued my old account and now I can't access it with my other email.

I can help you once you complete 3 debates.n Then contact me.
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 6:35:05 PM
At 10/1/2011 2:27:17 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/1/2011 2:22:35 PM, JuiceSqueeze wrote:

I can help you once you complete 3 debates.n Then contact me.

I thought I can't debate until I confirm my account.