Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

OOOH! Another great DDO feature!

Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 5:18:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey kids! If you've got a long post written, and you tap "escape," then it erases the whole UFCKING POST! Isn't that some great functionality? I wonder what genius thought that up? "Hmmm... We need a quick and easy way to erase thousands of characters of text without any undo capability..." And of course, if you're typing and have kids, the first thing they do is to come hit the side of the keyboard (and likely the escape key).

This is just as wonderful as the function where the instant you click outside the window and hit backspace, it works as the "back" browser function. What retard thought that up? How many different ways do we need to be able to go back a page? Alt-left and the button at the top aren't enough? Should we design 5 more key-board shortcuts for better convenience? A little tap of the mouse pad while your editting text and the whole thing magically disappears.
Rob
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 5:24:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey, I didn't know that "alt-left" is the same as the back button. Learned something new.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 5:25:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, if you have google chrome (im not sure about the other browsers) all you do is hit restore, recently closed tabs, or go to history, and all your words are restored. In fact, I just did it right now while righting this post to confirm. :)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 5:26:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/30/2011 5:25:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
Well, if you have google chrome (im not sure about the other browsers) all you do is hit restore, recently closed tabs, or go to history, and all your words are restored. In fact, I just did it right now while righting this post to confirm. :)

writing*
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 5:33:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/30/2011 5:18:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Hey kids! If you've got a long post written, and you tap "escape," then it erases the whole UFCKING POST! Isn't that some great functionality? I wonder what genius thought that up? "Hmmm... We need a quick and easy way to erase thousands of characters of text without any undo capability..." And of course, if you're typing and have kids, the first thing they do is to come hit the side of the keyboard (and likely the escape key).

This is just as wonderful as the function where the instant you click outside the window and hit backspace, it works as the "back" browser function. What retard thought that up? How many different ways do we need to be able to go back a page? Alt-left and the button at the top aren't enough? Should we design 5 more key-board shortcuts for better convenience? A little tap of the mouse pad while your editting text and the whole thing magically disappears.

This hil hilarious.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 5:33:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/30/2011 5:33:27 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 9/30/2011 5:18:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Hey kids! If you've got a long post written, and you tap "escape," then it erases the whole UFCKING POST! Isn't that some great functionality? I wonder what genius thought that up? "Hmmm... We need a quick and easy way to erase thousands of characters of text without any undo capability..." And of course, if you're typing and have kids, the first thing they do is to come hit the side of the keyboard (and likely the escape key).

This is just as wonderful as the function where the instant you click outside the window and hit backspace, it works as the "back" browser function. What retard thought that up? How many different ways do we need to be able to go back a page? Alt-left and the button at the top aren't enough? Should we design 5 more key-board shortcuts for better convenience? A little tap of the mouse pad while your editting text and the whole thing magically disappears.

This hil hilarious.

Is**
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
wiploc
Posts: 1,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 9:47:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Escape didn't work for me, so I had to erase this post manually.

But, as expected, Control-Z brought it right back.

Control-Z works in most programs. It was probably worth losing your post to learn about Control-Z.