OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:53:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 8:50:34 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/4/2011 8:38:45 PM, Ashiah wrote:
I am looking to improve my persuasion skills at work. How can in find a personal debate coach in NYC?

http://www.debate.org...

That's great, but I don't know any adults looking to hire 14 year olds to coach them in debating.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:57:54 PM
Perhaps DDO needs a tutorial category. You can learn a lot just be reading some debates, or you can PM some members here that you know would be willing to help you out.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 11:19:46 PM
Daniel's from NY.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 9:12:17 AM
Persuasion =/= Debate.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lddebater540
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 3:25:32 PM
Hi. I am college student at Columbia University who competed in Lincoln Douglas Debate for two years. I was a Quarterfinalist at a national circuit tournament two years ago, an Octofinalist at the State Tournament, and a National Forensic League Qualifier. I would be willing to help if you are still looking for a coach.
Alli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 11:03:29 PM
At 10/5/2011 3:25:32 PM, lddebater540 wrote:
Hi. I am college student at Columbia University who competed in Lincoln Douglas Debate for two years. I was a Quarterfinalist at a national circuit tournament two years ago, an Octofinalist at the State Tournament, and a National Forensic League Qualifier. I would be willing to help if you are still looking for a coach.

O.K. I'm looking for tutor for an elementary school tutor (Brooklin)...