Jump to topic:

Resolutions to debate

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 8:06:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The only debate I'm currently involved in will likely end before tomorrow evening. As such, I need something to debate. Feel free to post resolutions you would personally like to debate with me or just suggestions on debates you would like to see me do.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 8:32:47 PM
Suggestions:
(1) Repressed memories exist.
(2) The Venus-figures excavated during the Upper Paleolithic Period are sufficient proof of a worship of a mother goddess in Paleolithic societies.

(3) Zoroaster's birth [general topic]
(4) Cain's curse justifies racist attitudes to blacks.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 9:02:39 PM
Evolution of modern man occurred in isolation rather than simultaneously
ie: People in one part of the world evolved a significant amount of time earlier/later than people of other regions
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 9:35:43 PM
1) There should be stringent restrictions on the ability of employers to conduct background checks and reference checks.

2) It should be illegal for employers to disqualify candidates from consideration based on the fact that they provided no references.

3) It should be illegal for colleges to require recommendations as a pre-requisite for admission.

I am open to debating any of these resolutions with anyone as long as you are ranked higher than me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:38:22 PM
At 10/6/2011 10:26:16 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Falcon I think at some point you said you'd debate any nuclear weapon resolution?

Did I say that to you? I did want to debate you again but I suggested something entirely different. I think you might be talking about the thread where I mentioned why I joined DDO. I wanted to debate saying that the NPT was unfair and I did debate it with quarterexchange already.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 12:25:37 AM
At 10/6/2011 8:06:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The only debate I'm currently involved in will likely end before tomorrow evening. As such, I need something to debate. Feel free to post resolutions you would personally like to debate with me or just suggestions on debates you would like to see me do.

1) Stuff about guns
2) Stuff about hunting
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 1:52:55 AM
At 10/6/2011 9:35:43 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) There should be stringent restrictions on the ability of employers to conduct background checks and reference checks.

2) It should be illegal for employers to disqualify candidates from consideration based on the fact that they provided no references.

3) It should be illegal for colleges to require recommendations as a pre-requisite for admission.

I am open to debating any of these resolutions with anyone as long as you are ranked higher than me.

I would certainly take the Con side on this one.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 1:54:13 PM
The Jedi Order is largely responsible for Anakin Skywalker's fall to the dark side.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 6:44:30 PM
You got any unique categories in mind? History, maths, or something of that sort? If you want common topics, I'd be interested in these later on (as Pro):

Death Penalty is a justified form of punishment

The existence of strictly authoritarian states strengthen/promote freedom in the rest of the world

Islam is probably not a man-made religion

Utilitarianism does not favor fornication

Something along those lines.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:29:02 AM
I'll oppose any of the arguments for believing in god (so long as they don't involve polonium halos).

The problem of evil proves that an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent god does not exist.

I'm for abortion and gay marriage.