Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Sieben

m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 2:39:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
His account got closed. I really wanna hear the story behind this one
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 2:53:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
He ran away, because as anarchist, he didn't feel the site was regulated enough, and was full of idiots.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:11:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 2:53:22 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
He ran away, because as anarchist, he didn't feel the site was regulated enough, and was full of idiots.

His account was closed, not deactivated.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:16:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Probably for advertising. Just before he was going to leave, he posted a thread indicating where he and the other Ancaps would be and asked for others to join him. Probably got his account closed for advertising.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:24:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:16:40 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Probably for advertising. Just before he was going to leave, he posted a thread indicating where he and the other Ancaps would be and asked for others to join him. Probably got his account closed for advertising.

Gotcha. Thanks man
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:28:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 2:53:22 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
He ran away, because as anarchist, he didn't feel the site was regulated enough, and was full of idiots.

Lol. Anarchists oppose State regulation, not private regulation of one's property or business. I don't get why people are making a deal about how since he was an anarchist, he automatically opposes Juggle being laissez-faire with the site.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:30:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
He was trying to get banned, so he became more and more outrageous and offensive, to the point where Juggle had enough.

It's funny because i was just thinking of him. If he wasn't such an arse he would have been good to have around. He had a knack for saying things that others would be afraid to say. He would say the truth, or what he thought to be true, and substantiate it as best he could. The thing is, he just couldn't help himself from being a complete a-hole. He was like a smart Izbo, nah forget that, a smart Izbo is sort of self refuting to the point of nothingness.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:32:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:28:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/8/2011 2:53:22 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
He ran away, because as anarchist, he didn't feel the site was regulated enough, and was full of idiots.

Lol. Anarchists oppose State regulation, not private regulation of one's property or business.:

Juggle and/or DDO is not his property or his business so it's a moot point. To say the least, it was rather ironic that the people who like regulation the least in theory called for it the most in actuality.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:43:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong

Anarcho-Capitalism.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:45:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
An-Caps aren't even real anarchists anyway. They trade one authority for another.

To be a real anarchist, you need at least 5 buttons attached to your face.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:46:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:32:25 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 10/8/2011 3:28:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/8/2011 2:53:22 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
He ran away, because as anarchist, he didn't feel the site was regulated enough, and was full of idiots.

Lol. Anarchists oppose State regulation, not private regulation of one's property or business.:

Juggle and/or DDO is not his property or his business so it's a moot point.

He wanted Juggle to be more active, how is it a moot point?

To say the least, it was rather ironic that the people who like regulation the least in theory called for it the most in actuality.

This isn't true. Anarchists oppose State regulation in theory and practice and are not opposed to private regulation of property in theory or practice.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:48:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't understand why Anarchists oppose state regulation. Do they not want to be regulated and have rules imposed upon them? If that is true, then why don't they also oppose private regulation? What difference does it make whether a corporation is making you do stuff or whether the government is?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:56:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:48:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't understand why Anarchists oppose state regulation. Do they not want to be regulated and have rules imposed upon them? If that is true, then why don't they also oppose private regulation? What difference does it make whether a corporation is making you do stuff or whether the government is?

A real anarchist doesn't believe in these laws. Your ability to execute something is your right. Take the game out of it.

Of course, understanding that, the world is technically in a constant state of anarchy. Some institutions just have more influence than others.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:02:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:45:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
An-Caps aren't even real anarchists anyway. They trade one authority for another.

Exactly!!


To be a real anarchist, you need at least 5 buttons attached to your face.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:19:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lol. Anarchists oppose State regulation, not private regulation of one's property or business.:

Juggle and/or DDO is not his property or his business so it's a moot point.

He wanted Juggle to be more active, how is it a moot point?:

You stated that anarchists aren't against private regulation, I pointed out that Sieben does not own DDO. That's where it is moot.

To say the least, it was rather ironic that the people who like regulation the least in theory called for it the most in actuality.

This isn't true. Anarchists oppose State regulation in theory and practice and are not opposed to private regulation of property in theory or practice.:

And Juggle, as a private entity, can do whatever they want. The point is that they tried to strongarm the forum to create whatever they wanted and completely on their terms. Sounds a hell of a lot like.... Congress.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:46:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:48:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't understand why Anarchists oppose state regulation. Do they not want to be regulated and have rules imposed upon them? If that is true, then why don't they also oppose private regulation? What difference does it make whether a corporation is making you do stuff or whether the government is?

It stems from the definition. State regulation is where the government uses force to get corporations or individuals to do things the way they want to. Private regulation is where someone is given full control over their own property. You assume private regulation is just replacing the State with a corporate apparatus? I'm talking about people doing what they want with their own property.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:48:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 4:19:54 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Lol. Anarchists oppose State regulation, not private regulation of one's property or business.:

Juggle and/or DDO is not his property or his business so it's a moot point.

He wanted Juggle to be more active, how is it a moot point?:

You stated that anarchists aren't against private regulation, I pointed out that Sieben does not own DDO. That's where it is moot.

Making suggestions(however aggressively) does not equal forcing Juggle to do anything.

To say the least, it was rather ironic that the people who like regulation the least in theory called for it the most in actuality.

This isn't true. Anarchists oppose State regulation in theory and practice and are not opposed to private regulation of property in theory or practice.:

And Juggle, as a private entity, can do whatever they want. The point is that they tried to strongarm the forum to create whatever they wanted and completely on their terms. Sounds a hell of a lot like.... Congress.

Obviously they can do whatever they want. But just because I don't think the government should force Walmart to serve blacks doesn't mean I'm not going to get others to boycott them in an attempt to get them to change.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:49:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 4:02:26 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/8/2011 3:45:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
An-Caps aren't even real anarchists anyway. They trade one authority for another.

Exactly!!


What authority exactly?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:51:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 4:49:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/8/2011 4:02:26 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/8/2011 3:45:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
An-Caps aren't even real anarchists anyway. They trade one authority for another.

Exactly!!


What authority exactly?

The PDA is basically another authority with the ability to become a tyrannical government at will.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 6:45:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:30:18 PM, innomen wrote:
He was trying to get banned, so he became more and more outrageous and offensive, to the point where Juggle had enough.

It's funny because i was just thinking of him. If he wasn't such an arse he would have been good to have around. He had a knack for saying things that others would be afraid to say. He would say the truth, or what he thought to be true, and substantiate it as best he could. The thing is, he just couldn't help himself from being a complete a-hole. He was like a smart Izbo, nah forget that, a smart Izbo is sort of self refuting to the point of nothingness.


I looked at one of his forum posts in the Debate Homestead and found it to be quite coherent and intelligently-written...Unfortunately, it was probably his rude conduct that alienated him from other DDO members...

And lol at the bolded point.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 6:54:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 3:48:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't understand why Anarchists oppose state regulation. Do they not want to be regulated and have rules imposed upon them? If that is true, then why don't they also oppose private regulation? What difference does it make whether a corporation is making you do stuff or whether the government is?

This is why I call myself a libertarian or anti-statist, as opposed to an Anarchist.

I don't oppose rules, communities, and orders... I just oppose the state...
President of DDO
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 10:42:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
He did contribute to the site, so I hope his account is unbanned (and think it should be).
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)