Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sigs in the forum

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:03:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1) I don't.

2) I'd like to be quoted someday, if what I said was sig-worthy.

3) It depends, but I'd take it as an honor, mostly.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:06:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1) I do.

2) Zero.

3) An honour.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:11:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:06:08 PM, randolph7 wrote:
1) I do.

2) Zero.

3) An honour.

"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"

Well, it seems like nono should be honored, lol :D
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:13:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
it should for the most nonsensical nonsense. It rocks.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:30:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

1. I don't have a sig.

2. SRW quoted me once a while back, something I said to izbo...and it was only him.

3. Honor.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:35:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

1. I've quotes people in the past. I had a quote from Cirrk one time where he said "any exposure to SSM is dangerous and threatening".

2. N/A

3. Honor

I'm thinking about making this quote fr J. Kenyon my new sig:

"Christianity can be summed up as the belief that a woman made from a rib taken from a man made from mud was tricked into eating an apple by a talking snake, which caused a fall from grace. In order to overcome this, we must telepathically express our belief in a dead Jewish carpenter. This dead Jewish carpenter, is in fact God, who must sacrifice himself to atone for our transgressions against a law of his own making!:
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:38:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:35:33 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

1. I've quotes people in the past. I had a quote from Cirrk one time where he said "any exposure to SSM is dangerous and threatening".

2. N/A

3. Honor

I'm thinking about making this quote fr J. Kenyon my new sig:

"Christianity can be summed up as the belief that a woman made from a rib taken from a man made from mud was tricked into eating an apple by a talking snake, which caused a fall from grace. In order to overcome this, we must telepathically express our belief in a dead Jewish carpenter. This dead Jewish carpenter, is in fact God, who must sacrifice himself to atone for our transgressions against a law of his own making!:

I was always curious about that. Why did you choose that quote?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:41:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You know what, I always thought it was silly to quote other people, but what the hell? The only silly thing is what you don't do. I am going to start quoting people now.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:43:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
SSM is an abbreviation for same sex marriage.

He was doing a debate on smoking rights once, but when he made arguments about second-hand smoke, he misabbreviated it as SSM rather than SHS. I literally lol'd when I read it.
thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:45:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just made a sig now too!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:49:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:43:03 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
SSM is an abbreviation for same sex marriage.

He was doing a debate on smoking rights once, but when he made arguments about second-hand smoke, he misabbreviated it as SSM rather than SHS. I literally lol'd when I read it.

lol, I misread that at first I thought you were talking about S&M.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:53:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

I had a quote from OreEle, but I replaced it to advertise my debates because there wasn't space for both. I've quoted others but that was the most recent.

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

I think rockylightning quoted me once. I can't remember if my post was the main part he was quoting though.

Social pinko also quoted me quite a while ago.

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

Usually an honor.

Except when socialpinko quoted me in his sig. Lol I remember getting quite mad because he did it to make fun of what I said except that he was misquoting me. I remember having a whole pm conversation about it with him . He was quite stubborn about keeping it though; part of the last message was "I'm going to keep my sigg exactly the way it is" Lol. (Was just reading it).
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:01:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:54:32 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Lol, what was the quote he used from you?

I can't remember exactly, it was a while ago. It was something I wrote on my profile for beliefs. It was something to do with evolution being taught in schools.

Going by the pm I still think I was in the right :p

He was very adamant that evolution was a fact.

Also, how do you do the multi-quote thing?

?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:04:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The thing where you quote somebody, have your response below, then quote a different part, and have your response below, etc.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:19:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 11:04:08 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The thing where you quote somebody, have your response below, then quote a different part, and have your response below, etc.

Oh I see. Basically all you have to do is edit the other persons post. Just click over the person your quoting's sentence, then press enter and type what you want to type. Then do it on the other part. If a post has a colon : in front of it then it will be quoted, like bellow, so make sure there is an empty space in front of your post.

Hope that helps.

alkdsjfalskdj
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 12:41:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

Not right now.


2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

I don't know sometimes it's three or four.


3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

An honour, they are either quoting something funny I said, that was intended to be funny or they are being amusingly stupid themselves.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 1:05:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

I don't.
2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

A couple, not sure. Kleptin had an old old quote of mine, and i think Lotus had one of mine.
3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?
I hope it's an honor. If i were izbo it wouldn't be (there have been lots by him by various members) but he probably doesn't know the difference.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 1:40:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

I do, J.Kenyon.

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

I don't know.

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

Depends on the quote.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 1:47:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:53:32 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

I had a quote from OreEle, but I replaced it to advertise my debates because there wasn't space for both. I've quoted others but that was the most recent.

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

I think rockylightning quoted me once. I can't remember if my post was the main part he was quoting though.

Social pinko also quoted me quite a while ago.

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

Usually an honor.

Except when socialpinko quoted me in his sig. Lol I remember getting quite mad because he did it to make fun of what I said except that he was misquoting me. I remember having a whole pm conversation about it with him . He was quite stubborn about keeping it though; part of the last message was "I'm going to keep my sigg exactly the way it is" Lol. (Was just reading it).

Lol I remember now. You said you didn't think evolution should be taught in schools because it conflicted with some people's beliefs and they might not be able to afford to go to private school. I didn't quote the part about not being able to go to a private school instead. The point of the quote I was railing against was taking popular opinion into consideration for a science class wasn't the right thing to do. Obviously some people can't afford alternatives but that doesn't mean facts can change. Lol though I'm not really up for arguing evolution right now!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 3:51:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2011 1:47:26 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:53:32 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

I had a quote from OreEle, but I replaced it to advertise my debates because there wasn't space for both. I've quoted others but that was the most recent.

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

I think rockylightning quoted me once. I can't remember if my post was the main part he was quoting though.

Social pinko also quoted me quite a while ago.

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

Usually an honor.

Except when socialpinko quoted me in his sig. Lol I remember getting quite mad because he did it to make fun of what I said except that he was misquoting me. I remember having a whole pm conversation about it with him . He was quite stubborn about keeping it though; part of the last message was "I'm going to keep my sigg exactly the way it is" Lol. (Was just reading it).

Lol I remember now. You said you didn't think evolution should be taught in schools because it conflicted with some people's beliefs and they might not be able to afford to go to private school. I didn't quote the part about not being able to go to a private school instead. The point of the quote I was railing against was taking popular opinion into consideration for a science class wasn't the right thing to do. Obviously some people can't afford alternatives but that doesn't mean facts can change.

Yeah it was something like that. I was saying many people don't believe in something, but they still have to get taught that it's true in schools.

Lol though I'm not really up for arguing evolution right now!

Me neither, especially if the initial argument was 5 months ago!
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 8:49:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?

1. I don't. Not that I wouldn't.
2. Currently, zero. Twice previously
3. An honour. Especially when the person who sigged your quote is intelligent
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 1:03:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:01:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
1) How many of you currently have sigs that reference a quote by another member?
I have used one by Paradigm, another by Roy in a hilarious conversation with Ore_Ele, and I believe one quote from Tiel explaining (how should I put it) his sentiments on the "bias" of the scientific commnunity.

2) If you are previleged enough to have been quooted, how many members are currently quoting you?
Medic used to quote, along with Izbo (something about my statement about the morality of murder)...

3) Do you consider it an honor or an insult?
It depends on their intent on using my quote. Izbo10, for example, 's use of my statement would be a bit of an insult, but then again I am not offended by his pathetic jabs. :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 1:19:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/14/2011 1:13:32 PM, Diagoras wrote:
How do you do sigs? I don't see it in the "my settings" or "edit profile".

Click add post.
Right under where it says how many characters are remaining, and a little bit above where it says review; it says "Edit My Signature".
Click it and write or quote what you want.
Press review and you will have a sig!
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 2:15:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Yes, OreEle.
2. I think marcuscato is...
3. Depends on what I said. OMGjustinbeiber's sig showcases the stupidity of another member, my sig is completely out of context and therefore funny, and some (cant name one) just shows a member winning an argument or something as such.