Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Stupid Freshmen

Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:10:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
To:
000ike, Man-is-good, Rockylightning, kohai, DetectableNinja, seraine, Lordknukle, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, wjmelements

I understand that you are getting into debate and critical thinking for HS, good fore you.

Can you please stop posting half asses stupid comments and rebuttals on all my threads and debates. It seems like half the time you barely read it and never even think before you post. If your not going to post something of value, don't post it. Before you come up with a super defensive, sometimes personal, attack/rebuttal/response, can you at least try to understand what it is your saying, what your reading, what the message is, then ask yourself "is this worth someone's time?"

No one is making you post anything, and I see a lot of you (and other DDO members, myself included sometimes), posting without reading or researching the subject. If you are going to try to argue something, at least to adequate or even a little research. No one knows everything, some people my know more on one subject, but throughout your whole life you learn stuff.

Please stop doing this nonsense:

I won't name names...

"I suppose you could block him just like how you blocked me (probably due to the fact that I often vote against you)..." -- Did you even read it before you voted??

"Why don't you start another 10 debates and another thousand forums on this category?"
"Jeez. Give it up, wouldja?"
"Just give up. We have one called, "society!"
"OP has memory loss, and therefore wants a history category." -- B**ch I do what I want, if I want to discuss history I'm going to make a history thread, just as people make religious and science threads....

"OP is quickly inching toward the ranks of Trollhood." -- I have the right to an opinion as much as you do...

"He likes to remake threads and debates when his side doesn't win (usually because he poorly defends it). This thread isn't the only instance." -- I make new threads because you troll them and don't take them seriously, then bring out a stupid topic and make personal attacks...

"A claim as bold as this, needs way more than two sentences for substantiation."
"Do you mind providing debates other than your own as proof of your position, Mikeee?" -- .... 4 debates and 15+ sources = not enough, while you've done how much???

"Be a hero. Go out in a forest and eat some nuts and berries, then die of stomach poison. Have fun. Maybe get killed by a bear." -- Completely missed the point...

"I'm gonna call BS. Before agriculture, 15% of people died from violence. After agriculture, less than 1% die from violence." -- You checked one source, that's not exactly adequate for claiming precise numbers

"The point is, agriculture paved the way for many new technologies. It allowed less time for hunting, and more time for creating. 6th grade history dude." -- (I'm not a hipster in any way) Main stream studies are not always right and there is further evidence to back my points...

"LOL!!!!!!!! Epic fail." -- Nonsense, why even bother...

"How about this. Mikee, give me one reason to believe in any of those." -- How about the last 5 pages of the thread???

"Looks like we have another Izbo. Except this one is religious."
"(Looks at OP) Oh never mind....I can see how the OP wants to follow Izbo10 in setting an example of his fellow members..." -- I'm not Izbo...

"Forfeit. The unexpected things was the fact that he could not win!" -- I don't have to tell you everything I do outside of DDO...

If your not going to say anything important or ask questions I have already answered, please don't post it...
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:14:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:10:05 PM, Mikeee wrote:
To:
000ike, Man-is-good, Rockylightning, kohai, DetectableNinja, seraine, Lordknukle, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, wjmelements


I understand that you are getting into debate and critical thinking for HS, good fore you.

Can you please stop posting half asses stupid comments and rebuttals on all my threads and debates. It seems like half the time you barely read it and never even think before you post. If your not going to post something of value, don't post it. Before you come up with a super defensive, sometimes personal, attack/rebuttal/response, can you at least try to understand what it is your saying, what your reading, what the message is, then ask yourself "is this worth someone's time?"

No one is making you post anything, and I see a lot of you (and other DDO members, myself included sometimes), posting without reading or researching the subject. If you are going to try to argue something, at least to adequate or even a little research. No one knows everything, some people my know more on one subject, but throughout your whole life you learn stuff.

Please stop doing this nonsense:

I won't name names...

"I suppose you could block him just like how you blocked me (probably due to the fact that I often vote against you)..." -- Did you even read it before you voted??

"Why don't you start another 10 debates and another thousand forums on this category?"
"Jeez. Give it up, wouldja?"
"Just give up. We have one called, "society!"
"OP has memory loss, and therefore wants a history category." -- B**ch I do what I want, if I want to discuss history I'm going to make a history thread, just as people make religious and science threads....

"OP is quickly inching toward the ranks of Trollhood." -- I have the right to an opinion as much as you do...

"He likes to remake threads and debates when his side doesn't win (usually because he poorly defends it). This thread isn't the only instance." -- I make new threads because you troll them and don't take them seriously, then bring out a stupid topic and make personal attacks...

"A claim as bold as this, needs way more than two sentences for substantiation."
"Do you mind providing debates other than your own as proof of your position, Mikeee?" -- .... 4 debates and 15+ sources = not enough, while you've done how much???

"Be a hero. Go out in a forest and eat some nuts and berries, then die of stomach poison. Have fun. Maybe get killed by a bear." -- Completely missed the point...

"I'm gonna call BS. Before agriculture, 15% of people died from violence. After agriculture, less than 1% die from violence." -- You checked one source, that's not exactly adequate for claiming precise numbers

"The point is, agriculture paved the way for many new technologies. It allowed less time for hunting, and more time for creating. 6th grade history dude." -- (I'm not a hipster in any way) Main stream studies are not always right and there is further evidence to back my points...

"LOL!!!!!!!! Epic fail." -- Nonsense, why even bother...

"How about this. Mikee, give me one reason to believe in any of those." -- How about the last 5 pages of the thread???

"Looks like we have another Izbo. Except this one is religious."
"(Looks at OP) Oh never mind....I can see how the OP wants to follow Izbo10 in setting an example of his fellow members..." -- I'm not Izbo...

"Forfeit. The unexpected things was the fact that he could not win!" -- I don't have to tell you everything I do outside of DDO...

If your not going to say anything important or ask questions I have already answered, please don't post it...








K, um F16, and lordknuckle are both in their twenties so your attack on highschool kids doesnt apply to them. WJM is very intelligent, I dont see how anyone could think he's a "stupid freshman" and its the same for DN. kohai, MIG, and 000ike do make stupid posts sometimes, but the vast majority of their posts are logical, informed, and relevant. (basically they dont spam the forums about how we need a histry catagory and how agriculture is bad..)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:20:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:14:07 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:10:05 PM, Mikeee wrote:
To:
000ike, Man-is-good, Rockylightning, kohai, DetectableNinja, seraine, Lordknukle, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, wjmelements


I understand that you are getting into debate and critical thinking for HS, good fore you.

Can you please stop posting half asses stupid comments and rebuttals on all my threads and debates. It seems like half the time you barely read it and never even think before you post. If your not going to post something of value, don't post it. Before you come up with a super defensive, sometimes personal, attack/rebuttal/response, can you at least try to understand what it is your saying, what your reading, what the message is, then ask yourself "is this worth someone's time?"

No one is making you post anything, and I see a lot of you (and other DDO members, myself included sometimes), posting without reading or researching the subject. If you are going to try to argue something, at least to adequate or even a little research. No one knows everything, some people my know more on one subject, but throughout your whole life you learn stuff.

Please stop doing this nonsense:

I won't name names...

"I suppose you could block him just like how you blocked me (probably due to the fact that I often vote against you)..." -- Did you even read it before you voted??

"Why don't you start another 10 debates and another thousand forums on this category?"
"Jeez. Give it up, wouldja?"
"Just give up. We have one called, "society!"
"OP has memory loss, and therefore wants a history category." -- B**ch I do what I want, if I want to discuss history I'm going to make a history thread, just as people make religious and science threads....

"OP is quickly inching toward the ranks of Trollhood." -- I have the right to an opinion as much as you do...

"He likes to remake threads and debates when his side doesn't win (usually because he poorly defends it). This thread isn't the only instance." -- I make new threads because you troll them and don't take them seriously, then bring out a stupid topic and make personal attacks...

"A claim as bold as this, needs way more than two sentences for substantiation."
"Do you mind providing debates other than your own as proof of your position, Mikeee?" -- .... 4 debates and 15+ sources = not enough, while you've done how much???

"Be a hero. Go out in a forest and eat some nuts and berries, then die of stomach poison. Have fun. Maybe get killed by a bear." -- Completely missed the point...

"I'm gonna call BS. Before agriculture, 15% of people died from violence. After agriculture, less than 1% die from violence." -- You checked one source, that's not exactly adequate for claiming precise numbers

"The point is, agriculture paved the way for many new technologies. It allowed less time for hunting, and more time for creating. 6th grade history dude." -- (I'm not a hipster in any way) Main stream studies are not always right and there is further evidence to back my points...

"LOL!!!!!!!! Epic fail." -- Nonsense, why even bother...

"How about this. Mikee, give me one reason to believe in any of those." -- How about the last 5 pages of the thread???

"Looks like we have another Izbo. Except this one is religious."
"(Looks at OP) Oh never mind....I can see how the OP wants to follow Izbo10 in setting an example of his fellow members..." -- I'm not Izbo...

"Forfeit. The unexpected things was the fact that he could not win!" -- I don't have to tell you everything I do outside of DDO...

If your not going to say anything important or ask questions I have already answered, please don't post it...








K, um F16, and lordknuckle are both in their twenties so your attack on highschool kids doesnt apply to them. WJM is very intelligent, I dont see how anyone could think he's a "stupid freshman" and its the same for DN. kohai, MIG, and 000ike do make stupid posts sometimes, but the vast majority of their posts are logical, informed, and relevant. (basically they dont spam the forums about how we need a histry catagory and how agriculture is bad..)

Hopefully that doesn't include a number of the same threads about "agriculture is detrimental" in the science and philosophy forum or the recent post insulting other member.

I'm confused, Mikee...If you cannot accept criticism [especially in my votes, which you labelled biased and called me ignorant], then why debate? All you have suggested is that I have to go and research your ideas, which shows a fantastic misconception..Perhaps, I should remind you that as a voter I should be grading you based on your arguments, not your position.

And, oh, as regards to the selected post I made, you do realize that I never stated that you WERE/ARE Izbo10, right? You do realize that I am saying that you've been evolving like Izbo10, with the two of you lambasting quite a couple of people as being "stupid freshmen"...just like how Izbo10 used to call on us "high schoolers" and--sarcastically--"intellectuals"...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:20:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How do you know they're freshmen? I'm tue same age as a lot of them but I'm a HS senior. Are you sure you're doing your research?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:22:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:20:42 PM, socialpinko wrote:
How do you know they're freshmen? I'm tue same age as a lot of them but I'm a HS senior. Are you sure you're doing your research?

He isn't, especially considering the fact that I am a sophomore. But I suppose he meant "freshmen" as in the more derogatory sense of being an inexperienced buffoon.

Of course, I'd love to see Mikee in his debates. I suppose he's been a tad angry at me for voting him down (see our conversation) and also at my sarcastic comments in his threads.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:24:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not a freshman bruh--I'm a sophomore.

Also, the only comment I ever made was the "wouldja give it up?" I responded earnestly to the rest of your threads. Oh well. I guess even ONE dissenting comment implies lack of intelligence...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:25:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. I am a sophomore.

2. I will react as I see fit to your redundant and spam-like thread proliferation.

3. To create another thread purely to complain in public only adds to this issue. If you want people to give you real and serious replies, try making real and serious topics that neither beat a dead horse, nor exude the discontent of your inappropriate rants.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:26:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I love how all of the "freshmen" are sophomores....
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:32:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:10:05 PM, Mikeee wrote:
To:
000ike, Man-is-good, Rockylightning, kohai, DetectableNinja, seraine, Lordknukle, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, wjmelements

No one is making you post anything, and I see a lot of you (and other DDO members, myself included sometimes), posting without reading or researching the subject.
Interesting...So you appear to be able to ascertain our degree of knowledge by reading our posts....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:41:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM, kohai wrote:
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!

I'm a troll? Why not go make a new account because you continue to lose debates about religion? Go vote bomb someone because they don't have the same beliefs as you and deny any valid evidences and ignorant all assertions that to not conform to your beliefs...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:42:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:41:08 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM, kohai wrote:
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!

I'm a troll? Why not go make a new account because you continue to lose debates about religion? Go vote bomb someone because they don't have the same beliefs as you and deny any valid evidences and ignorant all assertions that to not conform to your beliefs...

I thought personal attacks were not needed, Mikee...You have already expressed your dissatisfaction quite clearly in this thread...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:49:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:41:08 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM, kohai wrote:
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!

I'm a troll? Why not go make a new account because you continue to lose debates about religion? Go vote bomb someone because they don't have the same beliefs as you and deny any valid evidences and ignorant all assertions that to not conform to your beliefs...

Without further engaging myself in this, I would just like to point out that since you want to put on the air of being more mature than us "stupid freshmen" then perhaps you should actually act like it. A thread with nothing but petulant whining reflects that you too are no better than the very traits you appear to denounce. It may help your dying case to not show such ineptitude in your construction of this personal attack on other DDO members. Hypocrites refute themselves.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:50:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:14:07 PM, thett3 wrote:

K, um F16, and lordknuckle are both in their twenties so your attack on highschool kids doesnt apply to them. WJM is very intelligent, I dont see how anyone could think he's a "stupid freshman" and its the same for DN. kohai, MIG, and 000ike do make stupid posts sometimes, but the vast majority of their posts are logical, informed, and relevant. (basically they dont spam the forums about how we need a histry catagory and how agriculture is bad..)

College freshmen?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:52:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:41:08 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM, kohai wrote:
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!

I'm a troll? Why not go make a new account because you continue to lose debates about religion? Go vote bomb someone because they don't have the same beliefs as you and deny any valid evidences and ignorant all assertions that to not conform to your beliefs...

He actually votes on a lot of debates in favor of his opposite opinion. See his votes on Contradiction's debates.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:52:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:26:16 PM, thett3 wrote:
I love how all of the "freshmen" are sophomores....

lol
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Raisor
Posts: 4,462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:54:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Posts like this are probably why people are saying you're becoming a troll.

Its also pretty hard to take you serious about how dumb everyone else is when you keep saying "your" when you should be using "you're."
Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:56:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:42:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:41:08 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM, kohai wrote:
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!

I'm a troll? Why not go make a new account because you continue to lose debates about religion? Go vote bomb someone because they don't have the same beliefs as you and deny any valid evidences and ignorant all assertions that to not conform to your beliefs...

I thought personal attacks were not needed, Mikee...You have already expressed your dissatisfaction quite clearly in this thread...

Since apparently you no one wants to debate history or share any interest the same as mine, I have no reason to be here. All research is now done on the internet and is 100% accurate and true, I guess I'll go be a agricultural-less hermit, and go talk to Buddha and Jesus because now religions have been deemed "fake" by all them hip youngsters...

I'm going to leave, and don't give me bullsh*t semantics cuss I'm to high right now to really care about much....
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:59:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:56:11 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:42:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:41:08 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM, kohai wrote:
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!

I'm a troll? Why not go make a new account because you continue to lose debates about religion? Go vote bomb someone because they don't have the same beliefs as you and deny any valid evidences and ignorant all assertions that to not conform to your beliefs...

I thought personal attacks were not needed, Mikee...You have already expressed your dissatisfaction quite clearly in this thread...

Since apparently you no one wants to debate history or share any interest the same as mine, I have no reason to be here. All research is now done on the internet and is 100% accurate and true, I guess I'll go be a agricultural-less hermit, and go talk to Buddha and Jesus because now religions have been deemed "fake" by all them hip youngsters...

I'm going to leave, and don't give me bullsh*t semantics cuss I'm to high right now to really care about much....

When you meant high, I almost thought you meant as if after consuming some "substance", considering the incoherence of your response.

Cheerio, my good fellow.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:00:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:56:11 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:42:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:41:08 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 7:31:29 PM, kohai wrote:
I'm junior.

EPIC FAIL, TROLL!!!

I'm a troll? Why not go make a new account because you continue to lose debates about religion? Go vote bomb someone because they don't have the same beliefs as you and deny any valid evidences and ignorant all assertions that to not conform to your beliefs...

I thought personal attacks were not needed, Mikee...You have already expressed your dissatisfaction quite clearly in this thread...

Since apparently you no one wants to debate history or share any interest the same as mine, I have no reason to be here. All research is now done on the internet and is 100% accurate and true, I guess I'll go be a agricultural-less hermit, and go talk to Buddha and Jesus because now religions have been deemed "fake" by all them hip youngsters...

I'm going to leave, and don't give me bullsh*t semantics cuss I'm to high right now to really care about much....

...and we see the origin of this rant. Control yourself, and get off the drugs.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:01:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am a smart freshman sorry about that forfeit I changed my mind agriculture WAS mankinds biggest mistake.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 9:10:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/19/2011 7:10:05 PM, Mikeee wrote:
To:
000ike, Man-is-good, Rockylightning, kohai, DetectableNinja, seraine, Lordknukle, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, wjmelements


I understand that you are getting into debate and critical thinking for HS, good fore you.

Can you please stop posting half asses stupid comments and rebuttals on all my threads and debates. It seems like half the time you barely read it and never even think before you post. If your not going to post something of value, don't post it. Before you come up with a super defensive, sometimes personal, attack/rebuttal/response, can you at least try to understand what it is your saying, what your reading, what the message is, then ask yourself "is this worth someone's time?"

No one is making you post anything, and I see a lot of you (and other DDO members, myself included sometimes), posting without reading or researching the subject. If you are going to try to argue something, at least to adequate or even a little research. No one knows everything, some people my know more on one subject, but throughout your whole life you learn stuff.

Please stop doing this nonsense:

I won't name names...

"I suppose you could block him just like how you blocked me (probably due to the fact that I often vote against you)..." -- Did you even read it before you voted??

"Why don't you start another 10 debates and another thousand forums on this category?"
"Jeez. Give it up, wouldja?"
"Just give up. We have one called, "society!"
"OP has memory loss, and therefore wants a history category." -- B**ch I do what I want, if I want to discuss history I'm going to make a history thread, just as people make religious and science threads....

"OP is quickly inching toward the ranks of Trollhood." -- I have the right to an opinion as much as you do...

"He likes to remake threads and debates when his side doesn't win (usually because he poorly defends it). This thread isn't the only instance." -- I make new threads because you troll them and don't take them seriously, then bring out a stupid topic and make personal attacks...

"A claim as bold as this, needs way more than two sentences for substantiation."
"Do you mind providing debates other than your own as proof of your position, Mikeee?" -- .... 4 debates and 15+ sources = not enough, while you've done how much???

"Be a hero. Go out in a forest and eat some nuts and berries, then die of stomach poison. Have fun. Maybe get killed by a bear." -- Completely missed the point...

"I'm gonna call BS. Before agriculture, 15% of people died from violence. After agriculture, less than 1% die from violence." -- You checked one source, that's not exactly adequate for claiming precise numbers

Here is how it worked-to find the percentage who died by violence, they analyzed skeletons found in ancient sites. About 15% of those skeletons died from violence, while only about 1% die today from violence. While it may not be 100% accurate, at least I have provided a source. I asked you to provide a source for your 29% die today from violence, yet no source.

Don't call me stupid for only using one source when you haven't used any. In addition, I could find you a few more sources if you really want it.

"The point is, agriculture paved the way for many new technologies. It allowed less time for hunting, and more time for creating. 6th grade history dude." -- (I'm not a hipster in any way) Main stream studies are not always right and there is further evidence to back my points...

Then please provide some evidence to back up your points so we can actually debate it. What Rocky said made sense-hunting and gathering could maintain a surplus, let alone support fulltime thinkers and creators[1]. Agriculture allowed for this and lead to an extremely high rate of growth.

"LOL!!!!!!!! Epic fail." -- Nonsense, why even bother...

"How about this. Mikee, give me one reason to believe in any of those." -- How about the last 5 pages of the thread???

"Looks like we have another Izbo. Except this one is religious."
"(Looks at OP) Oh never mind....I can see how the OP wants to follow Izbo10 in setting an example of his fellow members..." -- I'm not Izbo...

"Forfeit. The unexpected things was the fact that he could not win!" -- I don't have to tell you everything I do outside of DDO...

If your not going to say anything important or ask questions I have already answered, please don't post it...

[1] http://www.angelfire.com...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:08:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Your entire rant does not help your cause.
Nobody cares about your agriculture or history forum.
Please stop acting like a demented donkey. Learn to accept and interpret criticism.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:16:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 12:08:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Your entire rant does not help your cause.
Nobody cares about your agriculture or history forum.
Please stop acting like a demented donkey. Learn to accept and interpret criticism.

Knukle is spot on. I won't add anything else. My signature says it all.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 2:19:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is the first time I have ever seen members of DDO unilaterally reject a debate topic. That should tell you just how insignificant and unpopular it is. Making threads trying to force it down our throats won't get you anywhere.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Raisor
Posts: 4,462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 2:35:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 2:19:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
This is the first time I have ever seen members of DDO unilaterally reject a debate topic. That should tell you just how insignificant and unpopular it is. Making threads trying to force it down our throats won't get you anywhere.

I dont reject the topic. I think discussing primitivist thought is interesting and has enough ground on both sides for a lively debate.

What I reject is someone making a post talking about how everyone is stupid for voting them down. Also making multiple forum posts all on the same topic.