Jump to topic:

Compare your Leaderboard rank and ELO rank

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 1:53:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Since we have ELO for a the top 150 members, I'd like to see how their ELO rank compares with their Leaderboard rank. If it differs greatly, can you make any theories as to why there is a difference? If your ELO is higher or lower, what could be the reason?

I'll start off. My leaderboard rank currently is 107. My ELO rank is 78. Not too much of a big difference. Falls within the margin of error. But I've seen comments on the ELO thread where people expected it to be a lot higher or lower than what they got.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 2:41:46 PM
At 10/22/2011 1:53:08 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Since we have ELO for a the top 150 members, I'd like to see how their ELO rank compares with their Leaderboard rank. If it differs greatly, can you make any theories as to why there is a difference? If your ELO is higher or lower, what could be the reason?

I'll start off. My leaderboard rank currently is 107. My ELO rank is 78. Not too much of a big difference. Falls within the margin of error. But I've seen comments on the ELO thread where people expected it to be a lot higher or lower than what they got.

As you pointed out in the ELO thread, the current leader board only takes # of wins into account. Your record is not great, but you mostly only get into real debates with strong members so your victories are well earned thus should be ranked higher then what your record says.

ELO takes losses into account so this makes a big difference for me. I am ranked 74th on the leader board and 53rd on ELO. Most of the people above me have about the same number of wins, but also more losses.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 2:47:56 PM
14th ranked on the Leaderboard and 39th ranked on ELO, though I don't know how many people on the ELO board still have their accounts open since it doesn't take that into account.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 4:21:15 PM
3 on the leaderboard, 2 on ELO.

The leaderboard only counts wins, so it puts a premium on endurance. ELO is not perfect either, because you keep gaining points from beating weaker opponents. So endurance helps in ELO as well. Still endurance should count for something. Tiger Woods looked like the greatest golfer of all times for a while; now not so much.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 4:23:24 PM
19 on ELO, 21 on leaderboard. I just thought that ELO would rank me lower, not higher.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 2:26:43 PM
39 leader-board, 32 ELO
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:31:52 PM
16 leaderboard, 6 ELO
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)