Jump to topic:

Juggle.com a DANGER!

Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 1:58:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not sure if anyone on this website is aware of it, but Juggle.com(look at the bottom of this website), is a very dangerous website. According to http://www.mywot.com... and the ratings for it is some of the worst I have ever seen. This post will likely be censored, but I'm just pointing the danger out.
I don't just give people my 2 cent. I throw a roll of Half Dollars at their head.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 2:04:50 PM
At 10/24/2011 1:58:18 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone on this website is aware of it, but Juggle.com(look at the bottom of this website), is a very dangerous website. According to http://www.mywot.com... and the ratings for it is some of the worst I have ever seen. This post will likely be censored, but I'm just pointing the danger out.

No, according to that site, juggle.com is a very untrustworthy site, and that is based not on any data found, but purely on public opinion (of a few people).

Here is a slightly more relaible source, the better business bureau.

http://www.bbb.org...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 2:05:57 PM

Are you that An Cap guy ? It is you. Little Rascal.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 3:00:26 PM
At 10/24/2011 2:04:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

No, according to that site, juggle.com is a very untrustworthy site, and that is based not on any data found, but purely on public opinion (of a few people).

Actually, Ore_Ele, on a matter like this, public opinion far outweighs that "professional" opinion. Members of a website should not feel as though their privacy is insecure. Blame askbob.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 3:28:37 PM
At 10/24/2011 3:00:26 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/24/2011 2:04:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Actually, Ore_Ele, on a matter like this, public opinion far outweighs that "professional" opinion. Members of a website should not feel as though their privacy is insecure. Blame askbob.

"feeling" unsafe is not the same as "being" unsafe. There is also not verification that any of those are legitimate concerns and not just smear attempts.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 3:33:16 PM
Have you ever been to their website?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 3:38:58 PM
At 10/24/2011 3:33:16 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Have you ever been to their website?

To me or the OP? I've been there a lot of times,
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 3:51:58 PM
bbb.org is FAR from trustworthy. My WOT says the comments are what people should check and not just the rating. The BBB has some horrible ratings on and off MyWOT http://www.mywot.com...

MyWOT is trustworthy and very reliable. Hell, The President of Finland awarded MyWOT the prestigious INNOFINLAND 2010 prize.

But, I guess we can trust big corporations, huh? They can't be paid off or scam people huh? Woohooo.....
I don't just give people my 2 cent. I throw a roll of Half Dollars at their head.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:00:52 PM
At 10/24/2011 3:51:58 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
bbb.org is FAR from trustworthy. My WOT says the comments are what people should check and not just the rating. The BBB has some horrible ratings on and off MyWOT http://www.mywot.com...

MyWOT is trustworthy and very reliable. Hell, The President of Finland awarded MyWOT the prestigious INNOFINLAND 2010 prize.

But, I guess we can trust big corporations, huh? They can't be paid off or scam people huh? Woohooo.....

Might be more likely to believe that if they weren't currently being sued for defamation.
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:03:48 PM
by one website that is upset with the ratings of users. It's a case that won't stand, because their accusations will be hard to prove and even harder to get a judge to agree with. I would know. I know the law.
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:06:23 PM
correction: by 10 companies upset with user reviews. The crappy equivalent of a 10 year old wanting mommy to take that other kids toy away for being mean.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:14:08 PM
At 10/24/2011 4:03:48 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
by one website that is upset with the ratings of users. It's a case that won't stand, because their accusations will be hard to prove and even harder to get a judge to agree with. I would know. I know the law.

They are actually being sued by 10 companies.

http://www.mywot.com...

WOT has already admitted that their process uses a pack mentality. If a site has a lot of negative reviews, they will throw out any positive reviews, thus making the company stay negative forever.

You can find more of the case from here.

http://dockets.justia.com...
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:21:18 PM
I'm afraid I don't see this "pack mentality" claim, and http://www.sitejabber.com... also gives MyWOT a good review, and they are competitors. The BBB gave Beezid.com an A- rating, but that website(Beezid), is widely accused of scamming people on and off MyWOT. So you can't trust the BBB. I could pay them to give me a good score and they would.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:24:56 PM
At 10/24/2011 4:22:41 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
still not good enough, how about their bigger competitor: http://safeweb.norton.com...

lol, that doesn't prove or even suggest that they are accurate. It only shows that there are no viruses tied to them.
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:31:23 PM
At 10/24/2011 4:24:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/24/2011 4:22:41 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
still not good enough, how about their bigger competitor: http://safeweb.norton.com...

lol, that doesn't prove or even suggest that they are accurate. It only shows that there are no viruses tied to them.

Yes actually it does. Norton Safe Web and Site Jabber both allow members to give their 2 cent on a website, and if you read the reviews, you'd see people trust it and VERY FEW don't. You must not be familiar with Norton Safe Web and Site Jabber. Try reading before you assume.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:32:04 PM
At 10/24/2011 4:21:18 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
I'm afraid I don't see this "pack mentality" claim, and http://www.sitejabber.com... also gives MyWOT a good review, and they are competitors. The BBB gave Beezid.com an A- rating, but that website(Beezid), is widely accused of scamming people on and off MyWOT. So you can't trust the BBB. I could pay them to give me a good score and they would.

Here's another competitor that says they are bad, mmmkay?

http://www.ripoffreport.com...

This is from MyWOT itself.

http://www.mywot.com...

"When someone first hears about the concept behind WOT, their first objection is that someone could easily spam the system with tons of ratings and rate down their competitors or otherwise manipulate reputations..."

"Usually in reputation systems each rating is weighted equally and reputations are computed as the average of all ratings, which makes them extremely vulnerable to automated attacks. Therefore, we decided early on to value ratings by their merit and use some of the principles of Bayesian inference for combining the ratings into reputations."

For those not familiar with Bayesian inference, it means that as more evidence (or info in this case) is gathered, the uncertainty decreases.

So if you rate site inconsistant with the current trend, you votes count less. Thus, pack mentality (you have to do what everyone else is doing).
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:43:27 PM
Hence the comments. And "The meritocratic nature of the system makes it far more difficult for spammers to abuse, because bots will have a hard time simulating human behavior over a long period of time. " People new to the sight don't have a big impact on ratings, the more rating you give, the more your rating matters. And They handle abuse and spam reports. You can give me all the low level sites you want. I've given you 2 different review websites, one of them are a major website. 500 bloggers can't compete with 3 major bloggers, and the same goes for websites. People trust MyWOT and that's all there is to it, princess(yes I said princess).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:50:10 PM
At 10/24/2011 4:43:27 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
Hence the comments. And "The meritocratic nature of the system makes it far more difficult for spammers to abuse, because bots will have a hard time simulating human behavior over a long period of time. " People new to the sight don't have a big impact on ratings, the more rating you give, the more your rating matters. And They handle abuse and spam reports. You can give me all the low level sites you want. I've given you 2 different review websites, one of them are a major website. 500 bloggers can't compete with 3 major bloggers, and the same goes for websites. People trust MyWOT and that's all there is to it, princess(yes I said princess).

"People trust MyWOT" is use of weasel words (common deceit tactic). Some people trust it, some people don't (as pointed out). You've also failed to show any link between people thinking a site is unsafe and it actually being unsafe. The site runs as nothing but an appeal to majority.

If you feel that Juggle and, by extension, DDO are unsafe, you don't have to be here.

Also, your prediction that this thread would be censored, has been proven false.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 5:24:50 PM
At 10/24/2011 3:51:58 PM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if the BBB did take bribes. However you also seem biased in favor of mywot. Also, if juggle is so bad why are you still on this site? I do only use it for ddo. I checked out their main site but I think that there are other sites that do a lot of what they do.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 5:25:08 PM
"People trust MyWOT" is use of weasel words (common deceit tactic). Some people trust it, some people don't (as pointed out).
Technically, "Some people trust MyWOT" (although not the way you used it) are the weasel words-- being unclear about who. "People trust MyWot" is just a false claim, as it is not true of the set "People."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 5:57:16 PM
At 10/24/2011 5:25:08 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
"People trust MyWOT" is use of weasel words (common deceit tactic). Some people trust it, some people don't (as pointed out).
Technically, "Some people trust MyWOT" (although not the way you used it) are the weasel words-- being unclear about who. "People trust MyWot" is just a false claim, as it is not true of the set "People."

The question is which people?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 6:09:45 PM
At 10/24/2011 5:57:16 PM, BennyW wrote:

Which is what makes it a "weasel word."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 8:56:45 AM
At 10/24/2011 5:57:16 PM, BennyW wrote:

The question for "Some people" is "which people." That's not the question for "People trust MyWot--" it means all people. Which is just false. :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 9:23:45 AM
Look, you jack offs can defend that corrupt dangerous website all you want. You can call all the names you want or say I'm so full of crap, my eye's are brown. The fact is I've given you the review that people have given MyWOT on 2 different websites(both are made for public reviews and they are competitors). Yet you refuse to accept this fact. So each and everyone of you fact ignoring people likely follow the crappy logic, "Keep your facts! I'm going with the my truth!". So engaging with you people on this subject any farther is a waste of time. You can't fix the ignorant, and each one of you have demonstrated it. Congrats, Your dunce cap is in the mail. Akemi Mokoto....out.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 10:09:17 AM
At 10/25/2011 9:23:45 AM, Akemi_Loli_Mokoto wrote:
Look, you jack offs can defend that corrupt dangerous website all you want. You can call all the names you want or say I'm so full of crap, my eye's are brown. The fact is I've given you the review that people have given MyWOT on 2 different websites(both are made for public reviews and they are competitors). Yet you refuse to accept this fact. So each and everyone of you fact ignoring people likely follow the crappy logic, "Keep your facts! I'm going with the my truth!". So engaging with you people on this subject any farther is a waste of time. You can't fix the ignorant, and each one of you have demonstrated it. Congrats, Your dunce cap is in the mail. Akemi Mokoto....out.

Yep, and I've provided two different sites that conflict with yours, and you've had nothing to say for them, accept poison the well fallacies.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:41:28 PM
OP, have you been to Juggle's website?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp