Jump to topic:

Where do they find these people

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:21:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am always amazed at the stupidity on this board. I seriously have been asked some of the stupidest questions and heard some of the stupidest statements I have ever heard. Some examples:

What is truth?

Night of the Living Dead is not about the dead coming back to life.

I don't think murder is wrong.

What is logic.

I could go on and on, it really shows the complete lack of education on this board.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:25:46 AM
How do you define murder?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:37:02 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:25:46 AM, bluesteel wrote:
How do you define murder?

Thanks add that to the list of stupidity.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:43:36 AM
What is truth?
What is logic.

What are talking about? These are two of the questions people have puzzled about for centuries, and there still is no consensus. They are tremendously difficult questions to answer.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:44:43 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:43:36 AM, Kinesis wrote:
What is truth?
What is logic.

What are talking about? These are two of the questions people have puzzled about for centuries, and there still is no consensus. They are tremendously difficult questions to answer.

In a philosophical way not in a general context of a coversation. Which is why it is so stupid.

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:46:05 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:44:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
What is truth?
What is logic.

In a philosophical way not in a general context of a coversation. Which is why it is so stupid.

I'm pretty sure that a good portion of those questions are coming from people who are trying to engage in a philosophical manner.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:48:00 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:46:05 AM, Rusty wrote:
At 10/29/2011 10:44:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
What is truth?
What is logic.

I'm pretty sure that a good portion of those questions are coming from people who are trying to engage in a philosophical manner.

The context is not philosophical and they have shown no grasp of philosophy so I would guarantee they are just trying to look smart thinking the intent of philosophy is just to question everything, when in reality it makes them look stupid in the context of the conversation.

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:48:28 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:21:41 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am always amazed at the stupidity on this board. I seriously have been asked some of the stupidest questions and heard some of the stupidest statements I have ever heard. Some examples:

What is truth?

What is logic.

I could go on and on, it really shows the complete lack of education on this board.

And you felt the need to make a thread about it because...?
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:49:31 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:48:28 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

What is truth?

What is logic.

It is making this site impossible to debate anything as the stupidity is running rampid.

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:50:19 AM

What is truth?

What is logic.

What is stupidity?
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:51:17 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:49:31 AM, izbo10 wrote:

What is truth?

What is logic.

It is making this site impossible to debate anything as the stupidity is running rampid.

I mean seriously you walk into a conversation about how murderers need to be punished and you say well what is morally wrong with murder. You don't think that person would be allowed to stay in the conversation long. It is looked highly upon here though and that kind of stupidity needs to stop.

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:51:58 AM

What is truth?

What is logic.

Name one person you respect as a debater on this site.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:54:28 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:51:25 AM, Rusty wrote:
What is the intent of philosophy, by the way?

It is to study general and fundamental problems. It is to actually try to find answers not play games of infinite regress.

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:56:34 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:51:58 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

What is truth?

What is logic.

Name one person you respect as a debater on this site.

I would also like to know this. (Also, thanks for that answer)
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:56:37 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:54:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:

It is to study general and fundamental problems. It is to actually try to find answers not play games of infinite regress.

The only thing you need is a general understanding and you idiots think we need to get into detailed explanation of these things to have simple everyday conversations. That is why you are such retarded idiots.

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:03:14 AM
At 10/29/2011 10:56:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/29/2011 10:54:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:

The only thing you need is a general understanding and you idiots think we need to get into detailed explanation of these things to have simple everyday conversations. That is why you are such retarded idiots.

You honestly dont find anything wrong with this statement?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:08:20 AM
What does life mean to you, Izbo10, apart from the time you have spent on this "board"?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:23:51 AM
At 10/29/2011 11:21:45 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
What is purple?

What is a POE???

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 12:04:21 PM
What is retardation?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 12:04:50 PM
Who am I? Do I exist if I do not think?

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 12:53:41 PM
Hilarious thread!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 1:09:18 PM
Wasn't there a video on youtube of izbo arguing with some christian? Does anyone have that, I kind of want to see how prone to mudslinging he has over the phone.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 4:46:21 PM
At 10/29/2011 4:40:30 PM, Contradiction wrote:

Thanks people should watch that and try to figure out all the fallacies kerrigan made.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 4:50:55 PM
At 10/29/2011 4:46:21 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Thanks people should watch that and try to figure out all the fallacies kerrigan made.

And the ones you made as well, Mr. Dickerson.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 4:51:37 PM
At 10/29/2011 4:50:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

And the ones you made as well, Mr. Dickerson.

Love for you to name one.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 4:51:52 PM

Ah ha! and the trolling pays off.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault